Moises Caicedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can still see him leaving this summer for a similar price.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
After posting all that shite about leaving as well :lol:

Great for them I suppose, but seems a bit strange. Maybe has a release clause or something?
My thoughts exactly. Also interesting that they only had De Zerbi's comments on the website, nothing from the player himself.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
what does this do then? Release clause?
Possibly. Definitely a base pay rise. I believe the wage he was on was low but he had a lot of bonuses and appearance type fees attached to it. This one will likely give him a much better base wage.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
another highly thought of player signing his opportunity away?
Not really, the club are protecting themselves as much as anything else, his value will not drop much because he's not reaching the end of his current one in a year or two, and maybe he'll be a lot happier because he is salary probably went up by a fact or of 10 or 20 times

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not really, the club are protecting themselves as much as anything else, his value will not drop much because he's not reaching the end of his current one in a year or two, and maybe he'll be a lot happier because he is salary probably went up by a fact or of 10 or 20 times
I’m saying this from the POV that the player can go where he wants for free and not have a ridiculous price put on him.

Nickosaur

Makes sense, he was on 5 or 8k a week, pathetic from Brighton
:lol: this has been proven to be bollocks.
But out of interest, how much would you expect a lower PL side to offer a player who has come from Ecuador at age 19 and hasn't played a minute of football in the PL?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I’m saying this from the POV that the player can go where he wants for free and not have a ridiculous price put on him.
That's fair enough but as he was on about 3.5K a week compared to what, 20-40K now I'm sure he's happier, if he hasn't had a huge wage increase then he needs a new agent!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
:lol: this has been proven to be bollocks.
But out of interest, how much would you expect a lower PL side to offer a player who has come from Ecuador at age 19 and hasn't played a minute of football in the PL?
Has his wages proven to BS?

As he's now proven himself at PL level you'd expect his wages to be improved, otherwise he'll want to move, that's why clubs redo deals

Relfy

This reeks of a gentleman’s agreement to let him go this summer. This just ensure Brighton can demand another 5-10m on the transfer fee.

Nickosaur

Has his wages proven to BS?

As he's now proven himself at PL level you'd expect his wages to be improved, otherwise he'll want to move, that's why clubs redo deals
You could ask were his wages proven to be that low? You had the likes of the Sun saying 3.5k, the Daily Mail saying 10k etc.

When he first joined he was allegedly on 3.5k but Naylor (Brighton ITK, tier 1 journo for the Athletic) said wages this season were 25-30k. But who really knows tbh.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
You could ask were his wages proven to be that low? You had the likes of the Sun saying 3.5k, the Daily Mail saying 10k etc.

When he first joined he was allegedly on 3.5k but Naylor (Brighton ITK, tier 1 journo for the Athletic) said wages this season were 25-30k. But who really knows tbh.
So not proven then as you suggested even though it is likely BS

Chief123

what does this do then? Release clause?
He gets a nice pay rise to reward him for his good form while Brighton get a better price when they sell him. Won’t be surprised to see him go this summer still.

Nickosaur

So not proven then as you suggested even though it is likely BS
Yeah fair enough. Not proven in the sense that I don't feel any player's wage can be proven these days with various bonuses/image rights etc. But Naylor is generally gospel when it comes to any Brighton related news.

Yes Caicedo wasn't on big money but it annoyed me the way Arsenal/Chelsea fans were acting like Brighton were committing human rights violations.

Anyway - I suspect he still leaves this summer but as usual, it will be on Brighton's/Bloom's terms.

mav_9me

It'll be a great big pay rise for sure
Possibly. Definitely a base pay rise. I believe the wage he was on was low but he had a lot of bonuses and appearance type fees attached to it. This one will likely give him a much better base wage.
He gets a nice pay rise to reward him for his good form while Brighton get a better price when they sell him. Won’t be surprised to see him go this summer still.
Pay rise for 5 months but makes it harder for a club to buy him? That’s not smart is it?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yeah fair enough. Not proven in the sense that I don't feel any player's wage can be proven these days with various bonuses/image rights etc. But Naylor is generally gospel when it comes to any Brighton related news.

Yes Caicedo wasn't on big money but it annoyed me the way Arsenal/Chelsea fans were acting like Brighton were committing human rights violations.

Anyway - I suspect he still leaves this summer but as usual, it will be on Brighton's/Bloom's terms.
I'm not sure moving to Arsenal/Chelsea would be his best move, initially he'd be a squad player at best so I think he'd be better staying where he is for another season or two, especially if he's getting a decent wage now, I haven't seen enough of him to judge but from the sound of it he looks like a player United might want

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Pay rise for 5 months but makes it harder for a club to buy him? That’s not smart is it?
Not really, in the summer Brighton would get as much as they would have in January, but if stays longer his value is maintained rather than dropping because of his contract winding down

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
The realistic part of me knows this the club protecting his value and he’ll go for good money in the summer.

The muppet side of me is convinced he’s seen the light and will stay with us for years!

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
The realistic part of me knows this the club protecting his value and he’ll go for good money in the summer.

The muppet side of me is convinced he’s seen the light and will stay with us for years!
I think its very similar to Mac Allister, and how Brighton want to work in general. You are a well run club, and seem to plan for finding talent, developing that talent, plan to have that player for 3 or 4 years of good service, then if they are a success you are happy to allow that talent to move for good money to be replaced by the next lot on the conveyer belt.

I think the plan for Caceido will be to stay at least 1 more season, and they've probably got a gentleman's agreement that they'll listen to good offers after that.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I hope he stays at Brighton (until we need to replace Casemiro, so 3-4 years...). Quality, quality player.

Edit: also he fully dominated Enzo today. Class

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Still only 20 years old and has bossed our midfield twice playing for Brighton. He's a player that can be utilised in several roles in midfield and does have the ability to pick a pass and potentially progress play to a good level.

He's quick, tenacious and agile along with showing promise on the ball. We were linked to him in January 2021, and it seems the club's scouting in South America (led by Jose Mayorga) were sold on the player and unfortunately we decided not to sign the player for about €5m. But I do think the decision to join Brighton at 18, was the correct one. Because if he arrived at United, he likely wouldn't have been deemed good enough to start ahead of McFred and would've been loaned out. Brighton also loaned him out for a short period to the Belgian top tier before recalling him for the second half of the season and he started to show glimpses of his talent.

He now seems to be a regular fixture in the team and it will be interesting to follow his development at Brighton. The player has gone on record in the past about how he dreams of playing for Man United, so i'm personally going to follow Brighton and specifically Caicedo to see how he does.

He's more than lived upto my expectations since I created this thread. He's a brilliant footballer with a high player IQ imo.

PoTMS

We simply MUST sign him. He could play in midfield on his own.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Dominated the midfield in that half
To be fair he’s up against a non existent midfield. Casemiro is busy making fouls and giving the ball away while Eriksen has been a ghost. Bruno alone is not much of a midfield to face

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes the one we should be after

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Hopefully Brighton allow him to move to one of his dream club this summer: Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Arsenal, United, Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Abraxas

He was a bit good. Did everything. Intercepting, tackling, showed quality forward passes, engine. Also performed in a big, high pressure match which is a good sign.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pretty good this lad isn't he? Seemingly can do a bit of everything in the middle of the park.

Moriarty

Nice looking player. Must be something in the air on the South coast because Brighton and Southampton have brought through some cracking players over the years. He's definitely a player we should be looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.