Mourinho - Appreciation Thread

The red panther

princess transfer emo
As first seasons go for a manager this is a pretty damn good one for Jose. Two trophies, one of which is only the 5th major European trophy in our history. Not long ago winning multiple trophies was a distant memory.

I don't consider the league campaign as awful as some are making out. We had a 25+ game unbeaten run and if it wasn't for some awful finishing plus a bit of bad luck, we would easily have won 6 of those many home draws and comfortably finished in the top 3.

Get the right players in this Summer and we have an excellent chance of challenging for the PL and having a decent CL campaign.

Compare that to where we were with Moyes and LVG after 12 months. It's night and day. That's the difference having one of the best managers in the world makes.

(It can be shit to watch sometimes though and he's a miserable fecker too much of the time :))
I'am very happy for him and for the club and for us the supporters.

But our league campaign was shit, we lost way too many easy points, our attacking problems are still not solved and we needed this victory tonight to salvage our season. It is a major moment but next year he will definatley have to do better.

I want that fecking PL trophy back !

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I have no love for him at all but he is a good tactician and a winner. Needs to stop infecting the players with negativity though, keep that for others.

SirAF

Ageist
Interesting that some of the most outspoken critics of Mourinho are conspicuous in their absence tonight. They'd rather not celebrate a great victory because they can't bring themselves to give the manager one iota of credit. Imagine hating the manager more than you love the club?!
I know!! :lol:

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Very pleased overall with Jose this season.

Some negatives, sure, not least the dire performances away against the big clubs, but honestly I don't think our team is up to scratch with those above us anyway in the league so I can sort of understand it. But 2 trophies and back in the CL, really couldn't ask for much more apart from the league which we were never in the race for.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He gets things done. People raving about klopp and Pochettino, in that they play attractive football, but they have won sweat feck all.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
His negative tactics need to be fecked off but I'll judge him more after this summer and how his tactics are laid out there after.

As a personality I love the cnut!

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He gets things done. People raving about klopp and Pochettino, in that they play attractive football, but they have won sweat feck all.
There was a Scouse fan who claimed literally 3 days back that a lot of 'football fans' would prefer Klopp over Mourinho if they were to pick a manager. There is a Watford fan who wrote to me that 'your manager is a turd' after we won tonight, they just don't like him.

zeekey

ITV highlights showed how well disciplined we were in our set up which is why Ajax couldn't get anywhere. Jose knows how to win a trophy especially European trophies which we don't have enough of in our cabinet.

Red Devil Rising

Absolutely fantastic result and performance and Mourinho has to take a lot of the credit.

Thought the shape was faultless tonight and never at any point did we look anything other than in complete control.

We started (first 5 mins) on the front foot and aggressive, can't wait for next season!

Reactions: SteveJ

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
His negative tactics need to be fecked off but I'll judge him more after this summer and how his tactics are laid out there after.

As a personality I love the cnut!
It will be the same as this season and rightly so. We will dominate poorer teams at Old Trafford, but away from home and against good teams we will defend. Klopp, Guardiola and Poch all play "attacking football" and have won nothing this year.

Baxter

Just watched the game now. The perfect performance. Never in doubt.

NYAS

His record in finals and most European campaigns is pretty ridiculous.
Think that's 12 wins in 14 finals and 4/4 in European finals now. Ridiculous numbers.
"Finals are not for playing, they are for winning"

It's now 12 wins out of 14 cup finals. Crazy record.
I actually think it's 13 out of 15 after tonight, if I'm not mistaken. It was 11 out of 13 before the League Cup final.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Whoever thought he'd lost his touch had clearly lost their mind. Mou is still the Special One.

el3mel

His celebrations after the game proved how much pressure he was feeling this season. It wasn't the normal Jose , the one full of confidence, it was a version of him who ended his worst failure ever with Chelsea and passed through a crisis of lack of confidence and self belief. All the pressure fell from him after winning this trophy. Now he's returning back to what he was.

Next season it's a complete different version of Jose than what we saw this season. He proved he can win trophies again. He now can gun for the league title after proving himself with us and registered his name with us already.

Next season is going to be very different from this one.

SirAF

Ageist
His celebrations after the game proved how much pressure he was feeling this season. It wasn't the normal Jose , the one full of confidence, it was a version of him who ended his worst failure ever with Chelsea and passed through a crisis of lack of confidence and self belief. All the pressure fell from him after winning this trophy. Now he's returning back to what he was.

Next season it's a complete different version of Jose than what we saw this season. He proved he can win trophies again. He now can gun for the league title after proving himself with us and registered his name with us already.

Next season is going to be very different from this one.
Completely agree :devil:

Ibi Dreams

I hope that ending the season in this way tonight might help to relieve some of the pressure on him. Obviously he's used to huge pressure and the pressure next season will be enormous as well, but I feel like this season was massive when you take into account where we were as a club and where he was as a manager at the start of the season. We had it all to prove and so did he. And to be fair, both the club and Mourinho STILL have a lot to prove. But he's shown that he is still a manager who can win things, and I think there will be much less doubt about him now than there was this time last year.

Z_Wolf

He's done well this season. I for one knew whoever was going to take over from LVG would have a hard job. LVG bought poorly, kept players he shouldn't have and sold the one he should have kept. 3 trophies and champions league for next season isn't too shabby, is it?

But, next season there shouldn't be any excuses whatsoever. After this transfer window he will almost have a starting 11 he assembled himself. We simply have to challenging for the PL title and go beyond atleast the group stages of CL.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It will be the same as this season and rightly so. We will dominate poorer teams at Old Trafford, but away from home and against good teams we will defend. Klopp, Guardiola and Poch all play "attacking football" and have won nothing this year.
We didn't dominate old Trafford nor did we defend well vs top 6 teams - it certainly should be better next year

Z_Wolf

He's done well this season. I for one knew whoever was going to take over from LVG would have a hard job. LVG bought poorly, kept players he shouldn't have sold and sold the ones he should have kept. 3 trophies and champions league for next season isn't too shabby, is it?

But, next season there shouldn't be any excuses whatsoever. After this transfer window he will almost have a starting 11 he assembled himself. We simply have to challenging for the PL title and go beyond atleast the group stages of CL.

Womp

idiot

Great interview with Rio that aired post-match
Great video. The part where he says dealing with fragile players is his biggest weakness as a manager is interesting. Apparently he doesn't understand their way of thinking, deals better with players who share a same mentality to him ie; win at all costs. Says he loves Rashford so much because he can keep on pushing him and Rashford will respond.

Giggs86

This is what you get with Mourinho - trophies. And hopefully there's a lot more where that came from.

Love the man, never doubted him for a moment. A natural born winner, just get off his back and let him do his thing. Wish he stays for as long as possible.

engulfing

The mans a winner. They dont make many of those. You cant have enough winners in your team or company or organisation, and if you've got one you dont ever let him leave.

Good first season. Alot of improvisation with pieces that dont really fit well. No doubt that we'll be alot stronger next season.