Mourinho fed up with Real Madrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
"The world is full of rumours, but they're not all true. Regarding my future, we'll see what happens at the end of the season. Contracts aren't the most important thing in football," he told the club's official website

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
"The world is full of rumours, but they're not all true. Regarding my future, we'll see what happens at the end of the season. Contracts aren't the most important thing in football," he told the club's official website
Seriously, it is turning into an agenda, I really don't want this man at my club.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What's inaccurate about what I said.

If Jose wanted to buy a striker. He had funds in the summer to do so. He spent a lot of money compared to other clubs, and has Benzema on the bench. He can't just keep demanding transfers. Every club would probably like more money and more players, but Jose is the only one who'll come out and demand he gets given more. Budgets be damned.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Perhaps now he'll understand why he should avoid clubs with interfering owners, hopefully putting him off a move to City if he is indeed offered the job.

Lance Uppercut

If Jose wanted to buy a striker. He had funds in the summer to do so. He spent a lot of money compared to other clubs, and has Benzema on the bench. He can't just keep demanding transfers. Every club would probably like more money and more players, but Jose is the only one who'll come out and demand he gets given more. Budgets be damned.
Well, that is not true.

phelans shorts

That he has only just decided he wants a striker?

If Jose wanted to buy a striker. He had funds in the summer to do so. He spent a lot of money compared to other clubs, and has Benzema on the bench.
Benzema is playing awful and doesn't fit the system, so the manager wants a player to fit a system that largely works.

You never replied to my post about most of the money being spent before he joined.

He can't just keep demanding transfers. Every club would probably like more money and more players, but Jose is the only one who'll come out and demand he gets given more. Budgets be damned.
Also lots of managers demand more money.

Cal?

CR7 fan
He's bought Ozil, Di Maria, Khiedra and Carvalho. I mean, how much improving did Real Madrid need when they already have the players they do.

He can't have unlimited funds.
Compared to that Barca squad they're up against? A lot more...

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
That he has only just decided he wants a striker?

Benzema is playing awful and doesn't fit the system, so the manager wants a player to fit a system that largely works.

You never replied to my post about most of the money being spent before he joined.

Also lots of managers demand more money.
Benzema is playing awful? Wasn't it less than a month ago he scored 4 in one game?

And the money was spent with Jose in mind.

On 28 May 2010, it was confirmed that Mourinho would take over from Manuel Pellegrini at the Santiago Bernabéu.[60] On 31 May 2010, Mourinho was unveiled as the new manager of Real Madrid after signing a four-year deal at the club, and became the 11th coach in the past seven years at Real Madrid.

On 28 June 2010, Real Madrid posted on their website that they had come to terms with Benfica and said that Ángel di María will sign a five year contract, and he did

He spent 36 million Euros on Di Maria. Could he not have spent that money on a striker? Did he have to buy Di Maria? Or Carvalho? Or Ozil?

I mean would Real be that much worse off with VDV instead of Ozil, and 15 million euros on a striker? How much money does he need before he doesn't come out wanting a new striker?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Benzema is playing awful? Wasn't it less than a month ago he scored 4 in one game?
No.

He scored 3 against Auxerre in a dead CL tie and 3 in the 8-0 thrashing of Levante in the Cup - both before Christmas.

The problem is that he has 1 goal in 18 appearances in La Liga. He's supposed to be taking the scoring pressure off Ronaldo and pulling some of the markers away from him - but he doesn't score himself, and when Madrid are under pressure he goes missing completely.

Mourinho describes him as a great player, who's "working harder now" but who "lacks hunger."

Kaka was surprisingly blunt about him today when asked if Benzema can succeed at Madrid: "It depends on him. In training we see that he is a great player, technically amazing, no doubt a very good footballer and very technical, but ... in games there are times when he is a bit out of the game which leaves the feeling that could do a little more, which is what is we expect from him. "

Marca say that Madrid are now offering Hamburg 2m to get RvN back as cover until the end of the season.

Bearded but no genius

Twiggy, it is very simple. He had tons of funds in the summer, but only to buy players that Valdano and Perez approved of, and they specifically refused to sanction the purchase of a striker, while happily shelling out for others, including Psuedo-Galactico Transfer-Muppet Flavour-of-the-Month Ozil.

It was not like here at United or at somewhere sane where the manager is given a transfer budget and can buy whatever he wants as long as it falls within the budget. His spending had to be approved, both for its amount and for its content.

Surely you understand that he's going to strengthen every area of the squad that he can, even if the board refuses to let him strengthen other areas?

Of course his track record of walking out isn't very good, and you can argue he should have known this was coming, but that's a totally different point from the issue of wanting a striker in the summer and specifically being told "no", only to now see the club with only one recognised striker, and he largely considered to be unreliable after a tough year and a half at Real.

zub2007

think this could be just rumours, however i did read that ruud is coming on loan and mourinho not happy with that

Lance Uppercut

And the money was spent with Jose in mind.

On 28 May 2010, it was confirmed that Mourinho would take over from Manuel Pellegrini at the Santiago Bernabéu.[60] On 31 May 2010, Mourinho was unveiled as the new manager of Real Madrid after signing a four-year deal at the club, and became the 11th coach in the past seven years at Real Madrid.

On 28 June 2010, Real Madrid posted on their website that they had come to terms with Benfica and said that Ángel di María will sign a five year contract, and he did

He spent 36 million Euros on Di Maria. Could he not have spent that money on a striker? Did he have to buy Di Maria? Or Carvalho? Or Ozil?

I mean would Real be that much worse off with VDV instead of Ozil, and 15 million euros on a striker? How much money does he need before he doesn't come out wanting a new striker?
Mourinho said the club needed to sign another striker in the summer. He was over-ruled. As soon as Gonzalo Higuain was diagnosed with a slipped disc, Mourinho said he should be operated on immediately to give him a chance of returning before the end of the season. He was over-ruled.

When a month later the manager was proved right as surgery was confirmed as the only option Mourinho told the President the club had to buy a striker. He was over-ruled

Read more: Jose Mourinho's love affair with Real Madrid is heading for nasty break-up | Mail Online

AlwaysRedwood

It would be very amusing if Mourihno ended up at another club in Spain. He's one of the only coaches who could do a lot with a little.

But I have a bad feeling he will end up at Liverpool when this all ends.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Twiggy, it is very simple. He had tons of funds in the summer, but only to buy players that Valdano and Perez approved of, and they specifically refused to sanction the purchase of a striker, while happily shelling out for others, including Psuedo-Galactico Transfer-Muppet Flavour-of-the-Month Ozil.
Have we got any proof of this?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
About the same amount of proof for everything you are saying.
But the facts are Mourinho spent a lot of money. And didn't buy a striker. He's now complaining he doesn't have money to spend a striker.

That's just what we know.

Now we're saying Mourinho asked for a striker in summer, was this before or after he'd made other signings? We're saying he hasn't got enough strikers, yet is there no youngsters he can call up? Can he not play Ronaldo up front.

I mean honestly, he's supposed to be the best manager in the world, he has ONE major injury concern, and he's demanding more money?

AlwaysRedwood

But the facts are Mourinho spent a lot of money. And didn't buy a striker. He's now complaining he doesn't have money to spend a striker.

That's just what we know.

Now we're saying Mourinho asked for a striker in summer, was this before or after he'd made other signings? We're saying he hasn't got enough strikers, yet is there no youngsters he can call up? Can he not play Ronaldo up front.

I mean honestly, he's supposed to be the best manager in the world, he has ONE major injury concern, and he's demanding more money?
He's one of the top 3 managers in the world because of his record for winning wherever he goes.

Whatever your problem with him that's getting you into a tizzy over one disagreement over a striker is completely fecking ridiculous.

But you hang onto that.:wenger:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He's one of the top 3 managers in the world because of his record for winning wherever he goes.

Whatever your problem with him that's getting you into a tizzy over one disagreement over a striker is completely fecking ridiculous.

But you hang onto that.:wenger:

My problem is he picks and chooses jobs, spends massive massive money, and leaves without ever having to rebuild. He's an arrogant dickhead who will always make everything about him rather than the team.

I hand onto the fact that he's not a very likeable man. He's unsporting, he's a cheat, and he is arrogant.

AlwaysRedwood

My problem is he picks and chooses jobs, spends massive massive money, and leaves without ever having to rebuild. He's an arrogant dickhead who will always make everything about him rather than the team.

Please detail how he did that at each club.

Thanks.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Please detail how he did that at each club.

Thanks.
Detail how he did what?

His transfer record leaves a lot to be desired. He had many big name flops at Chelsea and Inter. He fell out with both Abramovic and now apparently the Real manager, and both Porto, Chelsea and Inter went through a period of relative barren spells after he left. Chelsea would wait years to win the prem again, and Inter struggled with fitness. He's never stayed long enough to prove he know's what he's doing in the long term.

With question marks over his ability to bring through youth, question marks over his ability in the transfer market, and question marks over whether his temprament means his ego can keep him at one club for too long.

He is the absolute best at making the players like him and play for him. That has made him a great short term success .

If Benitez had retired after his first two seasons at Liverpool and Valencia, he'd be talked of in the same breath. Both are quite similar in my view, with one proving over a longer period he'd be less succesful, whilst the other one has never been given a chance to proove how good he is in the long term.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Detail how he did what?

His transfer record leaves a lot to be desired. He had many big name flops at Chelsea and Inter. He fell out with both Abramovic and now apparently the Real manager, and both Porto, Chelsea and Inter went through a period of relative barren spells after he left. Chelsea would wait years to win the prem again, and Inter struggled with fitness. He's never stayed long enough to prove he know's what he's doing in the long term.

With question marks over his ability to bring through youth, question marks over his ability in the transfer market, and question marks over whether his temprament means his ego can keep him at one club for too long.

He is the absolute best at making the players like him and play for him. That has made him a great short term success .

If Benitez had retired after his first two seasons at Liverpool and Valencia, he'd be talked of in the same breath. Both are quite similar in my view, with one proving over a longer period he'd be less succesful, whilst the other one has never been given a chance to proove how good he is in the long term.
You know that can also be justified by him being a top class manager and that whoever replaced him found his shoes too big

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Detail how he did what?

His transfer record both at Chelsea and Inter was excellent - he transformed good sides into great ones with a few spot on additions, Carvalho, Essien and Drogba at Chelsea, Sneijder, Eto'o and Milito at Inter. He came to two sides that couldn't win and turned them into winners in a short span of time, it's a massive achievement and proves him to be a great manager.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Chelsea didn't win a thing before he came, no title in 50 years and while they had all the money it wasn't easy building a side that would dominate the league.

Inter couldn't win an European Cup, didn't even come close in the last two decades. Two years under Mourinho and they're reigning champions.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Chelsea didn't win a thing before he came, no title in 50 years and while they had all the money it wasn't easy building a side that would dominate the league.

Inter couldn't win an European Cup, didn't even come close in the last two decades. Two years under Mourinho and they're reigning champions.
Alternatively

Chelsea had just finished second, had the nucleus of a great squad, and had unlimited funds.

Inter spent massively getting where they were, and had consistently won Serie A.

There's two sides too every coin.

Benitez won La Liga with a smaller team than Inter or Chelsea, and then won the Champions League with a team worse than Inter.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You know that can also be justified by him being a top class manager and that whoever replaced him found his shoes too big
Exactly. It usually happens when one of the best leaves you. Ronaldo left us and we didn't win the title. Yes, I know there were other factors involved too, but losing such a source of inspiration has a negative impact on a team and a positive impact on rivals.

How can someones problem with Mourinho be that he picks and chooses clubs? What's he supposed to do? Have a public vote?

AlwaysRedwood

Alternatively

Chelsea had just finished second, had the nucleus of a great squad, and had unlimited funds.

Inter spent massively getting where they were, and had consistently won Serie A.

There's two sides too every coin.
Yes, he should step into teams like Bolton and build them up :houllier:

And let's dismiss all those trophies.

And the fact that teams fall on hard times when he leaves has nothing to do with his management and the management abilities of those who follow.

Spectacular.

You've moved beyond blinders and cut your head off.

:wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger:

amolbhatia50k

I do think that Mourinho has to build a great club to match someone like Fergie, turning a club around almost singlehandidly. But he's already one of the very best. I mean the man has not gone through a single year in recent times without success. He's won the league every single year. That is insanity. He's won the CL twice in that time. A treble.

He made Porto European Champions.

He made Chelsea one of the best in Europe. Yes, LOTS of funds, but a fine achievement given just how efficient a team he made them and how quickly.

He took perennial European underachievers to win the CL in his second year there.

These are amazing achievements no matter how biased one is. Yes, to be up there with the greatest of all time he still has to do something unreal like what Fergie did with us, and over a long period. But he's clearly one of the worlds best, and heading towards being one of the all time greats.

Lance Uppercut

I do think that Mourinho has to build a great club to match someone like Fergie, turning a club around almost singlehandidly. But he's already one of the very best. I mean the man has not gone through a single year in recent times without success. He's won the league every single year. That is insanity. He's won the CL twice in that time. A treble.

He made Porto European Champions.

He made Chelsea one of the best in Europe. Yes, LOTS of funds, but a fine achievement given just how efficient a team he made them and how quickly.

He took perennial European underachievers to win the CL in his second year there.

These are amazing achievements no matter how biased one is. Yes, to be up there with the greatest of all time he still has to do something unreal like what Fergie did with us, and over a long period. But he's clearly one of the worlds best, and heading towards being one of the all time greats.
You didn't even mention his home record.

amolbhatia50k

And this whole 'he makes it about him rather than the players'. Well it bloody well works, doesn't it? Everyone has their own style but unlike most others his actually works and delivers titles. You have to be a real fool to argue with how good Mourinho is at what he does. As much as it irritated me when he was in charge with Chelsea, the man is indeed special.

Status
Not open for further replies.