Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengt

Every player is coming out and thanking Mourinho. Which means the papers were inventing nonsense abt the backroom and we just sacked the best manager in the world. The blame is solely on Woodward and the English Press. Disgusting vermin.
Last time he did anything worthwhile was his La Liga title. Football has surpassed him

Italian clubs might think sitting back to defend 1-0 lead is somehow funny so Inter probably is his next stop. Seria A is like nursing home for him, it's fit.

E-mal

reading this thread, one would think Jose was an absolute Vermin who didn't do anything right in his two and the half years at this club.
Sacking him was the right thing to do because it was obvious the whole situation was getting out of control but it's really sad that people have resorted to insults and name calling to a man who tried to do his job the way he saw fit and which had given him so much success even though it was not in line with our tradition as a club.
He disrespected the club and became a divisive figure, he deserves all the comments he is getting and a thousand more.
Our biggest mistake was to have given him the job ab initio considering his antecedents.

Last edited:

red thru&thru

Jose is a vile man who showed no respect to this club and who threw his toys out the pram and sabotaged this season because he couldn't get his own way. feck him and anyone who tries to defend him.
Well put. Hopefully people will understand this! Jose was literally a virus to our club, not just to our team. Rooney confirmed just as much. Jose is such a bitter and an outdated manager.

cheeky_backheel

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. You have a long way to go.

Funnily enough, most people who defend Mourinho, think and talk exactly like him. Excuses everywhere, never his fault. It's always someone else.
Denial of what?

Mourinho has his flaws just like every other human being, but those that oppose him also have their own flaws. Trying to paint someone as entirely bad cos you disagree with them or dont like them is just childish or naive.

Even with Madrid fans and players, he has those who support him and those that dont. its just life.

You seem to think that things are always right vs wrong or good vs evil - that would be naive. In reality the world is not like that.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Our biggest mistake was not hiring him in 2013 when he really didn't have a team to build and just a few replacements to bring in that first season.
We could have signed Fabregas, Willian, Matic then and just kept on steamrolling the league.

BigRon1985

Mourinho made his bed and now he has to lie in it! But what I can’t get my head around is the concept of deliberately getting himself sacked bearing in mind the damage to his future employment prospects and reputation though the £15 million pay off obviously cushions things a bit.

I mean who would consciously damage one of the biggest clubs in the world for his own personal gain - it beggars belief! :confused:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mourinho made his bed and now he has to lie in it! But what I can’t get my head around is the concept of deliberately getting himself sacked bearing in mind the damage to his future employment prospects and reputation though the £15 million pay off obviously cushions things a bit.

I mean who would consciously damage one of the biggest clubs in the world for his own personal gain - it beggars belief! :confused:
That’s why he mindfecks everybody into believing it’s a rubbish team and crap players. He will tell his future employers it was all our fault. He’ll start off doing well as usual, get a new deal and the cycle will repeat.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.

Oh don't worry he will have his excuses ready.
The board didnt back him during a rebuild,players stopped trying,players not good enough etc.He will elegantly shift the blame from himself.

cheeky_backheel

Last time he did anything worthwhile was his La Liga title. Football has surpassed him

Italian clubs might think sitting back to defend 1-0 lead is somehow funny so Inter probably is his next stop. Seria A is like nursing home for him, it's fit.
Guess you were in a coma when he won another PL title for Chelsea?

BigRon1985

Oh don't worry he will have his excuses ready.
The board didnt back him during a rebuild,players stopped trying,players not good enough etc.He will elegantly shift the blame from himself.
Yes I’m sure he will trot out the same old excuses but surely now he has shot his bolt and every club in the world no matter how desperate will see right through him - he’s damaged goods!

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Its just as likely that Mourinho has himself changed since those days as much as the players have. Whenever you hear his ex players from the Porto, Chelsea 04-07 and Inter days speak about him they often speak fondly of him. He seemed to develop real bonds with his players and the results showed. Since 2010 though his stints at Real, Chelsea and United have followed a remarkably similar path. Come in first year get the team roughly how he wants it, win the title in his 2nd season (he could have won it last season at United if it hadn't coincided with City having a record breaking year). Third year alienate certain players, fall out with half the team and generally act like a miserable cnut and piss everyone off. The results and team performances take a nosedive, and then he gets sacked. It can't be a coincidence, 3 different sets of players with only one common denominator, Mourinho.

Was watching Sunday supplement today and the 3 journos all agreed that Jose today is very different person today to how he was earlier in his career. They said he used to make real efforts to create a bond with his players and staff. I don't know if was the Real job that broke him or stuff in his personal life but he seems a much less happier and charismatic man than he was 10-15 years ago.

And even if he and his methods haven't changed since 2003 then they need to if they're no longer working with modern players. Ferguson adapted to the times and was successful across 4 decades with different generations. Mourinho needs to adapt if he wants to get back to the top in my opinion.
Running with that, why do you think the likes of Lampard, Terry, Ibrahimovic still love him despite experiencing this broken irredeemably toxic v2 Mourinho?

Bojan11

Running with that, why do you think the likes of Lampard, Terry, Ibrahimovic still love him despite experiencing this broken irredeemably toxic v2 Mourinho?
Lampard said he would shower with the squad after training! Here’s a guy who would throw his winners medals in crowds. Over here he just didn’t seem arsed.

I don’t believe football has changed dramatically. Yeah there are a lack of leaders. But his last season at Madrid did a lot of damage on him. Jose made players like Ozil and Di Maria run for him non stop. You look at his Chelsea and Inter teams non stop effort.

Forget about attacking football. He couldn’t get the basics right here regards to workrste. I remember a time players would run for José non stop all game. Then not forgetting the laughable defending.

His fathers illness and death would have had a massive impact on his life. I just hope he takes a while out the game and just gets his happiness back.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Moyes -> Wrong person at the wrong time at the wrong club
Van Gaal -> Correct person at the correct time but at the wrong club
Mourinho -> Correct person at the correct club but at the wrong time

Moyes was an absolute disaster.
Van Gaal was a very good coach for rebuilding a team and We desperately needed that but His philosophy didn't fit the club.
Mourinho was always a controversial personality but He had the mentality to manage United, unfortunately We got the depressed version of Mourinho whose outlook in football had been ruined by Madrid career and his second stint at Chelsea. During his first managerial career with Chelsea, most of the players loved him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Moyes -> Wrong person at the wrong time at the wrong club
Van Gaal -> Correct person at the correct time but at the wrong club
Mourinho -> Correct person at the correct club but at the wrong time

Moyes was an absolute disaster.
Van Gaal was a very good coach for rebuilding a team and We desperately needed that but His philosophy didn't fit the club.
Mourinho was always a controversial personality but He had the mentality to manage United, unfortunately We got the depressed version of Mourinho whose outlook in football had been ruined by Madrid career and his second stint at Chelsea. During his first managerial career with Chelsea, most of the players loved him.
Mourinho never had the mentality to manage United. Man United is an all guns blazing attacking powerhouse. We are a family. We have confidence. Mourinho is only good with siege mentality.

cheeky_backheel

Mourinho never had the mentality to manage United. Man United is an all guns blazing attacking powerhouse. We are a family. We have confidence. Mourinho is only good with siege mentality.
Even under SAF, we played differently at different points in his tenure.

E-mal

People just dont want to accept it, he was the wrong appointment, would have been the wrong appointment in the immediate post Alex.
He has a major flaw; SELF! He would have come out when results dont go his way with drivel such as how Fergie had the FA and referees in the palm of his hands, hence his last title success or something even more shit. The man shat on the club and its history post sevilla game for God sake, that in itself was a sackable offence.
There was a period he took on the supporters at old Trafford, things about atmosphere when his team in itself and how they played was one of the reasons for this atmosphere.
As a club and a fan base, we have never been this divided, he deserves all he gets and even more. Good riddance!

POF

Winning the EPL with Chelsea and stopping Liverpool winning the league at Anfield were pretty worthwhile. I will always love Jose for that Anfield game.

I have to say, I find this thread pretty disappointing. It was 100% the right decision to sack Jose but blaming him for everything negative at the club is pretty extreme and if people truly believe it, incredibly naive.

There were a lot of positives during Jose's reign. It might be a squad lacking in confidence but it is a squad with eons more ability than the shit show he inherited from Van Gaal.

Red_toad

Yep blokes a very proud multi millionaire. Would be very bizarre for him to go out a seek being sacked just for a pay out. For me, he wanted to win and wanted the club to support him. He was just wrong in the way he went about it and was rightly sacked. I’m sure he’s not happy with the outcome and not just sack at home awaiting his payout with glee.

E-mal

I think he owes the club a big deal for relieving him of his duties. The man had a lot of risk factors for suicide completion. I was worried for his health at some point.
My candid opinion will be that he leaves the game for an extended period or indefinitely.
While at Manchester he was devoid of spousal and social support, lost rational thinking and appear depressed

fallengt

Guess you were in a coma when he won another PL title for Chelsea?
Winning the EPL with Chelsea
And he did it against which competitors? Top 4 were average that year and Chelsea did barely enough in the later half of the season, like literally. It was written on the wall that they meant to fail next season with that form.

With Real Madrid you could argue that he won it while breaking records.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.