Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
Fergie's retirement leaked from our side, who the hell knows where this comes from, but I imagine it's not what the United board wanted.

Untied

Jesus some of the reaction in here, it's not like the club has been always clean and dignified in the way they do things. It's part of the modern game.
Mourinho/Mendes showing some of the cutting edge off the pitch we need on it :devil:

Loon

:lol:
Funny all those complaining about the "Bomb' embarrassing the club, yet have no qualms about us looking as cnuty as City here.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Dear José. If you're coming over to us at United, you must be able to do better than what Lvg did for us.
That's the challenge now.
I'm sure there's about 17 managers in the PL who could do better than LVG tbh. The challenge is to get us to Bayern / Madrid / Barca level, which is where we belong.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Could this be the best day ever, Cup Win, LVG has a decent enough record for two years at OT, Jose Confirmed (Maybe) and I remembered Liverpool lost the other day in the Europa Cup Final!

McUnited

Disappointed that the media knew about Moyes sacking before Moyes did.
Disappointed that the media know about LvG's sacking before LvG did (assuming LvG didn't know).

Glad that both managers are gone.

Skills

Snitch
He might have deserved to be sacked but it wasn't the place of Mourinhos people to announce it. They could have gave him today to enjoy the win, maybe its timed so he can say goodbye to the players and fans before they all leave for the Euros. Who knows, but the situation should never have been handled that way.
Who gives a single feck about him? It's just added to the whole winning the FA cup feeling for me. Why do people give a feck about Van Gaal? We've been fecking miserable under his tenure and he's a complete grade A cnut.

Feeling sorry for him is equivalent to stockholm syndrome.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Disappointed that the media knew about Moyes sacking before Moyes did.
Disappointed that the media know about LvG's sacking before LvG did (assuming LvG didn't know).

Glad that both managers are gone.
According to BBC, we met Mourinho in February to discuss his appointment. I think LVG knew and is just trying to save face or be defiant.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Funny all those complaining about the "Bomb' embarrassing the club, yet have no qualms about us looking as cnuty as City here.
Right because LVG still has to coach the team for an entire year knowing he gets the sack...

Plus it is mendes breaking the news not the club

Minimalist

Didn't want Mourinho but I will back him. In the end it was more or like anyone but LvG, though. Will be majorly pissed if this means limited game time for Rashford.
He definitely shouldn't be playing every game like he is now. He's not a title-winning striker by a long way but he's very promising.

Learning under the likes of Ibra (if he comes) while playing the under-study striker will be massive boost for him I think.

Dobba

I don't think it's that, he probably just thinks it's classless to do it today rather than in a few days, which I actually agree with.
Oh come on "morality police". Next you'll be telling us that not dancing around at the thought of someone you've got a good personal relationship with losing their job isn't a clear sign that you have a life changing illness, affecting your mental faculties, due to your increasing years.

adamwest

Why would they leak it without United knowing when the deal isn't even finalised? Classless and stupid as feck. Hope we turn him and his dickhead entourage down
He's rightfully pissed off we didn't hire him after the 2-0 defeat at Stoke. Make no mistake, this is LONG overdue. Rejoice.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fergie's retirement leaked from our side, who the hell knows where this comes from, but I imagine it's not what the United board wanted.
Some journos on twitter saying its from Mendes. Its not an issue of morality. Its an issue of respect. Just log on soxial media. 8 out of ten posts are about Mourinho. It shouldn't be like that on the day we wkn our dirst trophy in three year

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Right because LVG still has to coach the team for an entire year knowing he gets the sack...

Plus it is mendes breaking the news not the club
Don't you think this is just plausible deniability from the club? I'd be shocked if Woodward et al. didn't know this was being briefed. Them not being directly involved just makes the parting wig LVG smoother.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I think a lot of people think this was us who leaked this.

Nothing has been said by Man Utd.

The stories started yesterday and the club is not going to release a story like right before a cup final.

Also it is not like we have sacked Van Gaal today. I am sure he would have known for a while if we were going to get rid of him.

I think we got wind that the BBC was going to run with it be we somehow managed to get them to hold off until after the final. Hence why it came out so quickly after the match.

I think Mendes fingerprints is all over this. Though I am not sure what he is hoping to gain from this.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's so exciting to have a mind games playing dirty bastard leading us again.
Exactly. This was the guy who should've replaced SAF in the first place.
Basically we have tried to avoid him (used Moyes, LVG, then eventually Giggs), but it seemed almost inevitable and it's finally happened.

And with regards to "oooh the timing is bad, etc etc".
LVG tried his best, he gets paid a fortune to get us to win. He wasn't able to do what he promised or what was expected, so he has been asked to leave.
My guess is that he was told back in January about the plan, so he and Woodward planned how and when the changeover would happen.
I refuse to believe that the World's media knew Jose was coming, yet LVG was the only man who didn't.

Managing an elite level sports club is ruthless and the managers already know this.

FujiVice

Dear Jose.

If you win a cup with us, please dont lose the lid like the last one.

Yours,
Mr Fuji.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Apart from nearly every question fielded to him in post-match press conference being about his future due to the leak.
Yeah but like they needed an excuse right? The speculation was natural and the press are scummy. It's not a problem for someone with LVG's ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.