Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Mendes is the one who is negotiating the deal right now and after he has completed the deal, you think he will be fired?
Conflict of interest: like SAF's son, who was a footballing agent, with whom we did business with?
Yeah agreed, SAF's son was a conflict of interest too; but that doesn't make it right. In any other industry it absolutely would not be allowed to happen, through common sense and audit procedures. It's not something to be accepted as normal, it should be criticised.

Who were the signings with Darren Ferguson and were we publicly owned at that point in time? I'd have hoped public ownership, on a US stock exchange, would mean some degree of audit this time, but who knows.

skidmark

Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Conflict of interest? And the other agents wouldn't create a conflict of interest?
That doesn't make sense. Mourinho is not represented by 'other agents'.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I wouldn't pay them a penny for the rights :lol:
When do we ever sell things with managers names on. If they want to produce stuff then so be it, But i'd let them keep it

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Does this kind of stuff not taken care of with every transfer of a player?

I imagine when we sold becks to Madrid there was a full catalogue of crap with his name on it

Last edited:

skidmark

Supports
Utd, and NUFC
So Mourinho can't have an agent?
Of course he can have an agent. But it is not in our club's interest if the agent representing our manager also represents the players that our manager might want to buy / sell. That would not be accepted as a business practice in any field other than football.

Woodzy

I imagine when we sold becks to Madrid their was a full catalogue of crap with his name on it
It probably happens all the time. Unfortunately Mourinho to United is the biggest story going atm, so every little issue is going to be a big issue.

Duncan Castles will be saying it's off every five minutes, and Howard Nurse is going to report on the LvG sacking anytime now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Of course he can have an agent. But it is not in our club's interest if the agent representing our manager also represents the players that our manager might want to buy / sell. That would not be accepted as a business practice in any field other than football.
It's accepted in all the sports.

Vilev

I would have been strange if Mourinho resigned his image rights to Chelsea and he did not retain him when was sacked. Surely he is aware of his brand, he probably has more commercials deals than any other football manager by far.

Drifter

American
Good job SAF was not appointed CEO .He would have told them to feck off by now.

salford_

It'll end up with Utd having to pay Chelsea a sum, like a few mill to buy the trademark or whatever it is that happens

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They finally have their revenge for John Obi Mikel.
Hardly revenge. They got an average player and paid us 12m for the privilege. We're getting arguably the best manager in the world, and all we have to give up is a few JoMo bobbleheads.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I thought that the thread title was a joke towards Jaguar-Chevrolet situation, but then I read about it in BBC :eek:

acrebo

I imagine when we sold becks to Madrid there was a full catalogue of crap with his name on it
Yeah I'd suspect so. It's just everyone expected LVG to be gone one minute and JoMo to be announced the next.

They're sorting out a multi-million pound contract, it'll take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.