Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I'm glad Gary Neville is still in hiding so we don't need to listen to any of his United shouldnt sack managers garbage again

Empire

I see the LvG fandom are in tears :lol:
Mourinho is the best manager in the world, who would say no? And LvG leaves having delivered an FA Cup, i'd say it's the perfect ending and vindicates those who said he'll win something with us.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
You really think this is the first good news in moths? I mean we won the FA feckING CUP just a couple of hours ago and you really think this is the first good news in months? Talk about spoilt fans.
I couldn't enjoy anything united related anymore with LVG still in charge as the manager even the Fa cup, knowing we have a good manager and looking forward to decent football again is more important than a cup we got for beating palace.

With him confirmed out of door I can finally enjoy United again and I can also start enjoying this Fa cup win, it has been a good day :drool:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He gave us Martial.

He discovered Rashford.

His handling of De Gea created the possibility for what happened, he signed a 5 year contract.

He discovered talents like Fosu-Mensah and CBJ.

Bastian Fecking Schweinsteiger is still a good player for us.

He gave us the first FA Cup since 2004, Arsenal's record didn't last long because of him.

And he didn't sign stop gaps (whereas most managers would) in positions like CB and RW instead opting to use what he had and wait and target somebody of the highest level because he wants the club to have the best players in the world / best young players.

---

Can't believe that makes you miserable. What have you done for Manchester United that tops that?

All cancelled out by being his boring, stubbornly tumescent style and a 4th and 5th place finsih.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The idea that you would welcome this on the day that we won the FA Cup, it's ridiculous. If you've ever called another club's fans plastic, you need to take a look in the mirror.
I realise that you are hurt that LVG is leaving.
So I shall keep quiet and allow you to mourn the passing of the LVG era of dull boring football.

Cathy Ferguson

Maybe Zlatan wanted to be certain Mourinho is coming so he can make his decision :D
Mou and Zlatan get along nicely and I think Zlatan fancies one final challange in his career, and that is to prove himself under Mourinho at Old Trafford.

GloryHunter07

Still woried about Jose's distrust of youth and ability to completely self combust.

But yeah, can it really be worse than this season?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I feel really rotten that this news is overshadowing the FA Cup win.

togg

For me? I always wanted him. Without doubt. I've always personally knew that we could never have another Fergie and I kind of understand why the old fashioned board where scared of him. But feck me, we need someone totally wanting this job, which he does, totally aggressive which he is and also someone proven recently and he is. The Fergie era is gone...will be forever...get someone in who shows respect for that guy and understands what it is all about at a top club. We can do no better at this moment is time.

Mainoldo

This is what we wanted!!! The cup and Mourinho the same day!! Like Fergie use to say as soon as the trophy was won, the focus went straight to how to improve next season.

Loon

:lol:
I wonder what day he was supposed to be unveiled?

The serious repercussion here is the sacking sweepstakes has been fecked.

Smores

Mourinho is the best manager in the world, who would say no? And LvG leaves having delivered an FA Cup, i'd say it's the perfect ending and vindicates those who said he'll win something with us.
Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon at the FA Cup win but it's not a managerial masterstroke that vindicates support of him.

He had an acceptable first season and an absolutely dreadful second season. We could have easily finished 7th again and in the process he's turned the joy of watching United into a chore.

Good riddance

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He gave us Martial.

He discovered Rashford.

His handling of De Gea created the possibility for what happened, he signed a 5 year contract.

He discovered talents like Fosu-Mensah and CBJ.

Bastian Fecking Schweinsteiger is still a good player for us.

He gave us the first FA Cup since 2004, Arsenal's record didn't last long because of him.

And he didn't sign stop gaps (whereas most managers would) in positions like CB and RW instead opting to use what he had and wait and target somebody of the highest level because he wants the club to have the best players in the world / best young players.

---

Can't believe that makes you miserable. What have you done for Manchester United that tops that?
He didn't 'discover' Rashford, CBJ, etc, they rose through the academy and for the most part he stumbled into needing them.

feck LVG. He's going out on a high, let's get on with it.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I feel really rotten that this news is overshadowing the FA Cup win.
It has I'm already over the cup win so that's a shame but you only ever enjoy success momentarily and there's no denying Mourinho is the big news now

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah holy feck because you can't celebrate the FA cup won by our players despite this idiot at the helm and celebrate him being replaced at the same time. How dare we like what you don't like.

Brophs

The One and Only
Mourinho isn't the big story today. It's the fact that we won the FA Cup with 10 men, with a cracking winning goal from one of our own lads, who absolutely fecking loves the club. We had an 18 year old centre forward terrorising Palace, despite the fact he hadn't even made his debut a few months ago. I screamed my lungs out when we scored/won. I was pretty indifferent when I saw the tweets about Mourinho.

As for Mourinho, it's probably the right decision in the context of what's going on in the PL and football generally. We've been in a tailspin since Fergie left that hasn't shown any signs of solving itself. Throwing money at the problem hasn't solved it. Our footballing decisions have been consistently bad. He's a great manager who, if it comes off, will make us competitive again. He might even win us a league or two. Right now, that might be enough to make the potential downsides worth it. Maybe.

But if the rumours are to be believed, Mourinho's people have leaked this. It didn't need to be tonight. If, as he claims, Mourinho is LVG's mate, it would have been the easiest thing in the world to let this run to next week and then, when the dust had settled, it could all be done. It didn't need to be released as LVG was waiting to do his press conference, regardless of what you think about him. The reality is, though, that he's not LVG's mate. Much like sharks outside of the Finding Nemo universe, people like Mourinho don't have friends, just people they haven't had the chance to dick over yet.

For me, though, the more obvious thing to take from all of this is that, prior to even being appointed, Mourinho and friends are dancing to their own tune. That's a sign of things to come. So when it all goes horribly wrong - which it undoubtedly will, at some point - whether he's brought us success in the short term or not, we'll be left having pissed off the agent that we've spent the last few years desperately trying to get into bed with. Our saving grace may be our ability to pay over the odds, which is grist to the mill for the likes of Mendes.

Reactions: Damien

Revan

Assumptionman
Who gives a single feck about him? It's just added to the whole winning the FA cup feeling for me. Why do people give a feck about Van Gaal? We've been fecking miserable under his tenure and he's a complete grade A cnut.

Feeling sorry for him is equivalent to stockholm syndrome.
Boom fecking boom.

United fans feeling sorry for LVG and Moyes is funny. They should watch the last 3 seasons in replay during this summer. Wankers the lot of them!

Renegade81

Mourinho isn't the big story today. It's the fact that we won the FA Cup with 10 men, with a cracking winning goal from one of our own lads, who absolutely fecking loves the club. We had an 18 year old centre forward terrorising Palace, despite the fact he hadn't even made his debut a few months ago. I screamed my lungs out when we scored/won. I was pretty indifferent when I saw the tweets about Mourinho.

As for Mourinho, it's probably the right decision in the context of what's going on in the PL and football generally. We've been in a tailspin since Fergie left that hasn't shown any signs of solving itself. Throwing money at the problem hasn't solved it. Our footballing decisions have been consistently bad. He's a great manager who, if it comes off, will make us competitive again. He might even win us a league or two. Right now, that might be enough to make the potential downsides worth it. Maybe.

But if the rumours are to be believed, Mourinho's people have leaked this. It didn't need to be tonight. If, as he claims, Mourinho is LVG's mate, it would have been the easiest thing in the world to let this run to next week and then, when the dust had settled, it could all be done. It didn't need to be released as LVG was waiting to do his press conference, regardless of what you think about him. The reality is, though, that he's not LVG's mate. Much like sharks outside of the Finding Nemo universe, people like Mourinho don't have friends, just people they haven't had the chance to dick over yet.

For me, though, the more obvious thing to take from all of this is that, prior to even being appointed, Mourinho and friends are dancing to their own tune. That's a sign of things to come. So when it all goes horribly wrong - which it undoubtedly will, at some point - whether he's brought us success in the short term or not, we'll be left having pissed off the agent that we've spent the last few years desperately trying to get into bed with. Our saving grace may be our ability to pay over the odds, which is grist to the mill for the likes of Mendes.
Deep

Lynty

Past experience says that this will end in tears...prove me wrong Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.