Mourinho's post match comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thing is people didn't think they would get past Barcelona anyway. We were supposedly a certainty against Sevilla.
Certainty ?? Only the most deluded fan would think that.

We’re a team with a long way to go. A lot of good and some great individuals but not quite a team yet

red4ever 79

Excuses, excuses from Mourinho. We have massively under achieved this season. This dour football that is served up every week.

haram

He was.

A different perspective: he looked shattered and disappointed but he did say they have only 24 hrs to get over it then prepare for the Cup game

If he was like some of the posters in here then we’ve lost to Brighton already
There was a lot of people already acting like we’d lost against Chelsea and Liverpool after the first Sevilla game.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Certainty ?? Only the most deluded fan would think that.

We’re a team with a long way to go. A lot of good and some great individuals but not quite a team yet
His tactics in the first game cost us. Nobody goes away now for a 0-0 draw, you have to get that away goal. Can you imagine if Chelsea somehow get through tonight?

Thought you were staying off here?:)

Schneckerl

Mou's comments after a performance like that are ridiculous. Some posters calling it fake outrage can't be serious.

It's by far the worst KO stage exit I've witnessed. Only the group stage eliminations are comparable.

MarcusRashford

Gosh saw his face on TV today and wanted to punch it. Not only is he solely responsible for my club dropping out of CL, he is now disrespecting it, too.
Seriously, cant fire him soon enough. It should have been done after the game last night. Actually I wanted him fired from like the day he took over but that was unrealistic at the time. However now he's got to go. But I mean now..not in the summer..now!

Another reason why I would want to do it now is because it would also send the clear message to the likes of Pogba, but especially Pogba, that we have faith in them and that we understand the manager made them play below their level.

Last edited by a moderator:

iHicksy

And now you've sat in the old trafford seat and got us knocked out as well. Congrats, full house.

JoaquinJoaquin

Which further proves mine; you revel in negativity.

Positives from last night: (1) we have another game to look forward to.
(2) Mourinho wont be manager forever though he might get some success.
(3) We are still Man Utd and I’m still proud to support this club.
Absurd comment. I want more than anything for our team to be good, not a laughing stock like it is today.

In regards to your 'positives':

(1) ''We have another game to look forward to'' - What kind of rubbish is that? So do West Ham, and look at how their fans react. So not sure what your point is with that.
(2) Even with Mourinho, we won't win the league or CL. So we are just supposed to sit back and tolerate dreadful football and terrible attitude from Jose for the next 2 years and be happy?
(3) I'm still proud to support the club, as most people probably are. My local side Carlisle's fans are proud to support them, doesn't mean they are a good football team though.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
At best Jose's comments about his previous victories over Utd are insensitive to the fans and at worst he is saying he is better than Utd. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and plump for the former. Why does he have to bring his CL victories over Utd into the discussion. He could just as easily said Utd have gone out at this stage before but no. He has made it about his victories over Utd.

Someone will come on and say he is trying to deflect attention away from the players and the poor performance but the fact remains he unnecessarily chose to highlight his victories over Utd.

kitress

Could be the start of his eventual meltdown. Can't keep calling himself the Special One and act all swagger when he just got dumped out of the CL by f*cking Sevilla. That's a massive black mark on the resume. Embarrassing.

Jaxa

If that was his best then for the first time in his tenure here I genuinely am starting to doubt him, those comments are shocking and pathetic,

The guy was laughing and having banter with the opposition manager at 60 minutes like we were 3-0 up, the players were acting like we were 3-0 up,

The thing that annoys me most is not that we lose games of football, this happens, it's the manor in how we lose them, lazy, lethargic and half arsed with zero fight, these so called superstars need to be shown the door or buck up big time

simplyared

Diabolical for a utd manager or a manager of any club to refer to earlier defeats where they themselves inflicted those defeats.
Obvious to see why he said this about Porto and RM sending us out of the tournament: He is distancing himself from his responsibilities as the manager of Manchester United.
Those words could cost him!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Diabolical for a utd manager or a manager of any club to refer to earlier defeats where they themselves inflicted those defeats.
Obvious to see why he said this about Porto and RM sending us out of the tournament: He is distancing himself from his responsibilities as the manager of Manchester United.
Those words could cost him!
United have gone out of Europe at various times, but not happy he chose to bring up his games.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Mourinho is not the same manager since 2011 with Madrid in my opinion. I was wondering why Utd hired him after his issues and feuds with our Doctor and a lot of the players. He used to bond players and teams, this was especially evident with his first side with us and after at Inter.

He seems at war with everyone these days, pundits, other managers and even his own players. Bizarre comments; can’t see what he’s trying to achieve other than to enrage Utd fans even more.

Zoo

It's a self-preserving quote, most managers do it. I don't take offence and only care about what happens on the pitch.

jackofalltrades

If he'd merely wanted to say sometimes you lose and life goes on, he could have mentioned any number of losses but he chose two when he was managing the opposing team. His ego is bigger than the club.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I think it's one of those comments you make, where half way through you realise how it's sounding, wish you could take it back, but are too far gone that you have to finish. I think at the end he was hesitant upon realising his mistake.

gaz hug

I think the way he seems to be alienating himself from the fans and his important players, he seems to be angling for the sack. Most probably got the PSG job lined up and wants a hefty payoff as well.

Zoo

I think the way he seems to be alienating himself from the fans and his important players, he seems to be angling for the sack. Most probably got the PSG job lined up and wants a hefty payoff as well.
I don't see why PSG would go for him.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
I don't think he's deliberately "angling" for the sack but there are signs that the pressure is starting to get to him. His comments about De Boer were barbed and unnecessary and last nights comments have put distance between him and a number of fans. When the pressure comes he tends to come out fighting and frequently his Latin temperament gets the better of him. His ego will not let him retreat with humility and he always goes forward in the attack. He's starting to pick fights and the media will be like a dog with a bone from here in.

Let the fireworks begin.

markelphick

I've always been a huge admirer of Mourinho and was glad when we hired him eventually, but these comments baffle me. Maybe he's protecting the team or means it in a different way to how he worded it but either way he shouldn't have said that regardless. Feeling a bit disappointed and let down today reading that.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The performance was a much bigger problem, but yeah, you do have to wonder how difficult was it to say "it's disappointing, we're all disappointing, but we'll bounce back" or some other common phrase and leave the room.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It's a self-preserving quote, most managers do it. I don't take offence and only care about what happens on the pitch.
It seems the opposite of self-preserving to me. Surely he realised saying that would cause a lot of criticism aimed his way. The only explanation I can think of is its taken focus off the players.

Okey

Looks like Bobby Charlton was right about Mourinho after all. Elders' wisdom eh? I still can't believe he said that. Can't wait to see the back of him.

peridigm

Moyes didn't even qualify for the competition. And he finished seventh. We're currently second - we would be first in any normal year. That's huge progress.

That said, something is clearly wrong now. Pogba seems to exemplify the problem but selling him won't solve it. Jose needs to find a style of football and management that inspires the players.
Moyes got us one stage further with an aging and arguably weaker side.

I agree. Something is wrong. Our players appear to be playing at 75% most of the time. We started the season very strong but have not looked like the same team since October. How we’re still 2nd in the league is remarkable.

AngliaRed

I’m not defending or against JM but the whole 4 shots iver 2 legs is 100% the players fault!

You’re telling me Sanchez, Rashford, Lingard, Mata and Martial all have been brainwashed to piss about with the ball in and around the box and try pass it in? Pogba who is completely shot of confidence shoots from 18-25yds and rightfully so.

Yeah tactics with Rashford on the right and Fellaini who hasnt started in 4 months didnt help and set the team up wrong BUT it all falls on the players heads for constantly misplaced passes, no forward movement, basically not showing enough attacking agression.

Regardless of Joses’s comments every player involved last night with the exception of DDG and Lukaku all have to have a look at themselves and get over this defeat and take blame, because it was their fault.

If playing in front of 75,000 fans at OT on CL night doesn’t make you wanna fight for eachother and work your ass off then nothing will.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
I have always defended Mou and I am still convinced that he is the right man to take us where we belong. But last night's statements hurt me, he did not have to say certain things, disrespectful for the fans and the club.

Reactions: esmufc07

Judas

Open to offers
I have always defended Mou and I am still convinced that he is the right man to take us where we belong. But last night's statements hurt me, he did not have to say certain things, disrespectful for the fans and the club.
Why?

I've always liked Jose, I wanted him here for years. But at this point, I think he might have done all he can with us now. Got us back to near the top of the league, we've got some quality players, but I don't know if he can get us back to being the very best.

JoaquinJoaquin

Not crapping on your post, Just genuinely curious here, Do you think we will actually win the league or Champions League under Mourinho? As that is where we aspire to be yet are million miles away

Pace Abuser

I was sat in the south stand lower tier and at the final whistLe a lot of fans heckled Jose with boos ringing out. Others tried to drown it our with applause.
There was some serious profanity and ire which I'm certain Jose heard. This may have riled him to come out defensive.

"You're not a united manager" was chanted by a small group.

Minimalist

Not crapping on your post, Just genuinely curious here, Do you think we will actually win the league or Champions League under Mourinho? As that is where we aspire to be yet are million miles away
Think the way Mourinho works we're either going to see it all click nicely together (resulting in a league win next season) or it's going to be a horror show with him getting sacked halfway through the season.

cyberman

He lost me after those comments.
He's plainly lying to himself over this, it's not me who has to adapt but the ethos of the club.
His reputation has gone, I can see a return to Inter as his next job since I can't see who else would take him on.
Atletico? Roma?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Post match comments are basically deflection. What do most managers do after a loss? Say something outlandish to take the attention away from the team.

In my opinion, what he said here is irrelevant. What needs to be focused on is the performance on the pitch, the fact that we didn't start playing until we were 2-0 down, that our £89m player looked like a pub player.

Status
Not open for further replies.