Mourinho's press conference

vk20legend

One of the first(if not the first) few question would be what _____ one are you now?! For the media that would be the soundbite or headline. The _____ One!!

I hope he says.. The Man is No One.. :p

CM

Half an hour coverage for a press conference. What on earth will they talk about?

Gbenger

He'll announce the following:
The captaincy to Fellaini
The loan of Rashford to Aston Villa
The appointment of Steven Gerrard as assistant manager
That Bobby Charlton is is banned from the stadium
A 7 year contract extension for Rooney, Young and Rojo.
De Gea out, Joe Hart in.
:lol:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I want to hear that we are not going to abandon our youth, his steps to make football enjoyable again at Machester United, a hint at another big name coming to United *cough* Pogba, his strategic intentions for achieving success, some typical Mourinho humor and perhaps who he thinks will be his main competition next season, amongst other shite.

Then when all of that is done, I want a female reporter to say to him, you were a failure at Chelsea last season, so you nothin Jon snow. Mourinho.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He'll rise up from the ground through a ring of fire, similar to The Brood in the WWF in the 90s.
:lol::lol:

I think he'll repeat a bit of what he already said...
Let's forget the last 3 years
Huge club, great history, morales, values
Work to do
Great base of youth and experience
He needs to further assess his squad
Don't expect miracles
We'll win the league next year

He'll be asked no doubt...
Chelsea and court case resolved?
Did u speak to Louis before your appointment, have you spoken to him since
What's plans for Rooney
Ibra..... Is he going to be starter, he's old blah blah
Have you tried the mince pies

Slavkov

He is a serial winner who knows how to achieve what he wants. He will get the freedom he had never had and I really expect some classic remarks tomorrow. I do not know about you guys but after the last 3 years of total sh*t we have been served I think a new era has begun and tomorrow Mou is going to say that we are going to be the greatest club in the world for a very very long time, I truly believe he will make it happen. I really cannot wait for tomorrow. Never felt like that for a very very long time...

Djemba-Djemba

Looking forward to the people who have been saying for months "He won't downplay us like Moyes and LVG did" react to his press conference tomorrow.

Press conferences are mostly a load of shite. I hope he calls Custis fat.
Van Gaal was downplaying us and telling us our ambitions were too high until the very end of his reign. Even after all the failures, that was the problem and it was the same with Moyes.

I think it's fair enough to be cautious at the start though yeah.

Glanville95

Looking forward to what he says about the young players, namely Rashford, and their role this season. He's already alluded to their importance in stating how influential Ibrahimovic to their development and as a role model.

Bruno8

Want to hear his plans on Academy players and if he will promote and deelop some of them in the 1st Team with proper run of games not his usual 10min cameos for youth players.

Will he appoint some one with United connection as one of the coaches or he will go it alone

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
You certainly won't hear him downplaying the club itself, like Van Gaal used to…

About the Pogba situation—cynic mode on—, it's a win-win for Mourinho: if he doesn't get him, he can imply the club didn't give him the top best player available, how can the club expect… If he gets him, it will establish himself by correcting Ferguson's worst mistake.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He will say how important Rooney is for this club and this world and I will throw my mobile out of frustration (but only my company mobile).

RedRevongge

I think he will be asked about:

1. Zlatan and his role at the club
2. Rooney, his position and captaincy
3. Mhikitaryan - when will he sign
4. What is the plan for Rashford
5. What's the deal with Pogba

Crustanoid

'The philosophy of putting 96 crosses into the box a game is a process, especially as we're the underdogs and we will win the possession even though they're the favourites and we aspire to be like them and do sex masochism, eh Steve Round?'

Dante

Average bang
I'm looking forward to how he titles himself. It won't be The Special One, but I can foresee him saying something just as iconic. Everything else is just going to be standard press conference fare.

Lucifer Rising

He'll announce the following:
The captaincy to Fellaini
The loan of Rashford to Aston Villa
The appointment of Steven Gerrard as assistant manager
That Bobby Charlton is is banned from the stadium
A 7 year contract extension for Rooney, Young and Rojo.
De Gea out, Joe Hart in.
Please don't even joke about this....stranger things have happened recently!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Key statements I would like to hear tomorrow:
  • I'm a winner and I came here to win
  • This is the biggest challenge of my career and I'm really looking forward to it
  • Pep Guardiola and Manchester City are of no concern to me. I am only interested in Manchester United
  • Everyone starts with a blank slate and the hard work starts now
  • The frequent use of 'we' and 'our'
  • I want the players to express themselves and enjoy their football
  • I hope to be here a long time and create something special
  • I want to excite the fans and give them what they want, which is attacking football
  • We need to bring in more players, the right players who will improve the squad
  • I am looking to strenghen in all positions

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd consider us to be strong favourites.
Koeman is the last person I'd sell to. He should consider this a hands off warning.
Football is a universal language etc...

Distracted Steward

You certainly won't hear him downplaying the club itself, like Van Gaal used to…
That's fairly obvious, I'd imagine. He long spoke about United with a sort of deference. I imagine that will continue.

He'll probably downplay near term expectations a little like other posters pointed out he did with Chelsea at the start of his second stint there.

Eddy_JukeZ

Doubt he says something that will get the press rolling.

Standard press conference IMO.

Dante

Average bang
The Happy One....or The Sacked One.
I'm hoping for something a bit more epic. The Destined One or The Prodigal Son, or something. It'll be Biblical again, just like it was when he called himself Chosen. The guy's ego is massive. That's why I like him.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Doesn't really matter what he says in the press conference, United are doing it all wrong and stuck in the past.

We should be putting on a pop concert for him, big stage and banners and get Kevin Webster to interview him. Man city are leaving us behind.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Doesn't really matter what he says in the press conference, United are doing it all wrong and stuck in the past.

We should be putting on a pop concert for him, big stage and banners and get Kevin Webster to interview him. Man city are leaving us behind.
Save the premature-mourination for when we win something.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He will say how important Rooney is for this club and this world and I will throw my mobile out of frustration (but only my company mobile).
:lol:

Ban

As long as we don't have that cheesy thing City did with Pep, speaking to fans, I'm fine.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Don't think he will say anything particularly interesting, though I'm excited nonetheless.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Will this be televised on skysports?
"Watch Jose Mourinho's first news conference as Manchester United manager live on Sky Sports News HQ from 11am on Tuesday. Skysports.com and Sky Sports' mobile and iPad apps will also be streaming the news conference, and you can also follow with our live blog."

(From SkySports.com)

RonsRocket

"Watch Jose Mourinho's first news conference as Manchester United manager live on Sky Sports News HQ from 11am on Tuesday. Skysports.com and Sky Sports' mobile and iPad apps will also be streaming the news conference, and you can also follow with our live blog."

(From SkySports.com)
Will probably not work for us suckers located outside of the UK though.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He is a serial winner who knows how to achieve what he wants. He will get the freedom he had never had and I really expect some classic remarks tomorrow. I do not know about you guys but after the last 3 years of total sh*t we have been served I think a new era has begun and tomorrow Mou is going to say that we are going to be the greatest club in the world for a very very long time, I truly believe he will make it happen. I really cannot wait for tomorrow. Never felt like that for a very very long time...
:wenger::lol:

I want him to sit there silent for the whole press conference before fireworks go off and in strolls Pogba, Ibra, Mhikitaryen and Bailly all with a separate part of the sentence feck off pep guardiola! :D