Mourinho's press conference

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Yup, I feel this would be critical. Especially with the shite we have been served for the last three years, I really hope his vision it about winning things NOW.

Also, I would really appreciate it if he doesn't use the words "philosophy" and "transition".
If he starts to talk about a process and a philosophy, which will take several years to implement, while spending more money than any other club, fans may ask him to be sacked before the season even starts!
Moyes was always going to be a disaster - completely out of his depth - but I expected more from LVG. LVG definitely under performed while he was here. Spending so much cash, to finally end up in 5th place must've been embarrassing for him.

peridigm

Can they not air the live conference but instead, get the Special One TV puppets and re-enact them for public viewing?

Jaybomb

He'll say he absolutely loves Wayne Rooney and send me into a complete meltdown.

Krits

I'd like him to tell me what happens to the poop when you flush an airplane toilet. Been bugging me for years that.
The toilet in your aircraft works on a vacuum pump at low altitudes and switches over automatically to a system run by differential pressure (outside air and cabin air). The poop gets sucked through pipes in to a waste tank. Where your poop and piss is collected. At every ground station the level of poop and piss and checked. If it crosses a certain threshold, ground staff utalise a special pipe that empties this poop and piss in to another tank. They then use this piss and poop to make the food brownie and apple juice served on board.

Some parts of that might be fabricated, but most of it is true.

ti vu

The toilet in your aircraft works on a vacuum pump at low altitudes and switches over automatically to a system run by differential pressure (outside air and cabin air). The poop gets sucked through pipes in to a waste tank. Where your poop and piss is collected. At every ground station the level of poop and piss and checked. If it crosses a certain threshold, ground staff utalise a special pipe that empties this poop and piss in to another tank. They then use this piss and poop to make the food brownie and apple juice served on board.

Some parts of that might be fabricated, but most of it is true.
You spoiler :mad:. You spoil all the fun. Put in the spoiler tag next time :nono:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If he doesn't end it with "be champions" then it'll be a let down.

Lostie007

His first press conferences at new clubs is usually explosive. Think back to his first press conference at Chelsea where he coined the phrase "the special one".

Expect fireworks.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
1) thank LVG for the youths.
2) start by finding the best 11 in the preseason.
3) role of ibra, felli and jones.
4) shaws recovery.
5) the kids will be the nucleus from which a good team will form.
6) wish good luck for Pep, good manager, bla bla
7) belittle city, remind klopp about their EPL draught, advocate wenger to england.
8) fireworks.
9) 'legendary' one

Perfect.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Doesn't really matter what he says in the press conference, United are doing it all wrong and stuck in the past.

We should be putting on a pop concert for him, big stage and banners and get Kevin Webster to interview him. Man city are leaving us behind.

Save the premature-mourination for when we win something.
I was being sarcastic, clearly Ken Barlow would be better than Kev Webster..

Not sure if you was

Natener

1) thank LVG for the youths.
2) start by finding the best 11 in the preseason.
3) role of ibra, felli and jones.
4) shaws recovery.
5) the kids will be the nucleus from which a good team will form.
6) wish good luck for Pep, good manager, bla bla
7) belittle city, remind klopp about their EPL draught, advocate wenger to england.
8) fireworks.
9) 'legendary' one

Perfect.
King, toilet brush and injured janitor. No need for Jose to dwell on that.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Hope he says we are signing Pogboom selling rooney to guangzou evergrande, Buying a cb.

Clas Sified

Are people really expecting any big news to come out today? I was just expecting a standard presser with Mourinho making a few generic statements about bringing United back to the top, complimenting the club, general topics like that.

Am I right to assume that's all we'll get or should I be expecting more?

RedDevil@84

Are people really expecting any big news to come out today? I was just expecting a standard presser with Mourinho making a few generic statements about bringing United back to the top, complimenting the club, general topics like that.

Expecting a sharp reply to Pep's statement "But we are not in the Champions League, we have to be clear. That situation is now in this moment better than Manchester United's, though.”

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Nah its roughly what we'l get, you're right.

I want to see how he addresses the expectation regarding youth as a philosophy of Man Utd. Also would like to know whether he hints any areas of weakness in the squad whilst there is a transfer window going on.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
King, toilet brush and injured janitor. No need for Jose to dwell on that.
A good manager will work to maximize the productivity of our current asset. Im pretty sure toilet brush head will find some role here, there must a player somewhere there, who tormented us each time we played everton in the past. I want to see JoMo bring that dude out, we have too many failed signing already. He brings lotsa desire albeit talentless to the squad each time he play. He has shown more guts and game time than the famed Dimaria, mata jones. He needs a chance in a system that might maximize everyone talent, imho.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT

Arguably one of the global superstar manager is going to give his first presser in a superstar club, after signing a superstar player, is anything but a "generic, standard presser"

what a mess

I just want him to be positive and upbeat , talking of ambition and trophies and challenging for the title , getting United back to where they belong and exciting the fans again. No talk of processes and low expectations no talk of finishing in top 4 then improving from there , want him to be bullish and excited Happy Mourinho , not moody Mourinho .

Clas Sified

Arguably one of the global superstar manager is going to give his first presser in a superstar club, after signing a superstar player, is anything but a "generic, standard presser"
Generic, standard presser as in Mourinho's not going to turn up and announce we've signed Pogba for example. I doubt we're going to hear anything substantial today.

Bruno8

Will probably be asked on what went wrong at Chelsea and how he left them in relegation zone. Media loves stirring things

Vaibhav Raj

I will hope he still sounds a bit arrogant in the presser. I wouldn't want lats year's Eva fiasco (and the shower of criticism that came with it) to have mellowed him down or have turned him into a watered down version of his usual confident self. Also I don't want a more humble Mourinho as an aftermath of what happened to his team last year and how his attitude became the butt of all jokes.

Arrogance and supreme confidence can rub onto players and make an average squad punch above their weight. That is how Ferguson won titles with likes of Anderson, Carrick, Valencia etc when they were well out of gas (that's what I believe). The old Mourinho, the special one, is what I hope to see in the coming pressers.

Reactions: Varun

VanGaalEra

Should have been tomorrow when I'm off work for Eid, sitting on my couch scratching my balls.

MounchesterUtd

The electricity to this one is just on a whole different level. He really is the Special One :drool:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
who tormented us each time we played everton in the past.
When will this shit stop?

This is quickly becoming the worst phrase on the caf. Fellaini has one fecking win and a goal in his last 3 seasons at Everton against United, and that's the first game of the season when we had Carrick at CB and we had a slow start. They draw that one game 3-3, and lost the other four by not scoring single goal.

Fecking annoying!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Should have been tomorrow when I'm off work for Eid, sitting on my couch scratching my balls.
Mate please. Because of your name, I just imagined you looking like LVG being like Jabba the Hut on your sofa scratching your scrotum in rhythm.

Too early man.