Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Come on do you really have have to talk about post history? That has no relevance.

Also that was nothing like Fergie performaces the only thing that comes close is the city one in 2012. Fergie has played defensively but always in the context of having lethal counter attacking play.Very few times have I ever seen us play backs against the walls hoof tactics for 45+ minutes.

Yes I believe Moyes took this game in isolation. Rather than look at the repercussions of not getting a result it was a steady the ship job. As I said these are top players to be out of the champions league race in February does nothing good for confidence.
Well, top players should not be in the position they are at the moment. They are equally if not more to blame than the manager. There's only a few players who have played to their previous expectations this season.

I discount DDG, RvP (injury) Rooney, and Adnan from any criticism. Every other player needs to have a word with themselves.

mancan92

If you completely ignore the fact that we're a team completely devoid of confidence that might make sense. I mean, look at how that affected Arsenal and they're near the top of the league.
I understand what you guys are saying. It is a more cohesive performance and one needed to steady the ship in this time of poor form, which is true. But in the context of the season we are having and the repercussions of it. Does it even help matters in the slightest? I guess things are worse after this result but they certainly arent better.

mancan92

Well, top players should not be in the position they are at the moment. They are equally if not more to blame than the manager. There's only a few players who have played to their previous expectations this season.

I discount DDG, RvP (injury) Rooney, and Adnan from any criticism. Every other player needs to have a word with themselves.
100% agree these are top professionals and alot of them should be completely pissed off with themselves.Which is why I dont think this performance does much for morale. Although this break and trip dubai hopefully give them a left and we come back with a new lease of life.

Brophs

The One and Only
I understand what you guys are saying. It is a more cohesive performance and one needed to steady the ship in this time of poor form, which is true. But in the context of the season we are having and the repercussions of it. Does it even help matters in the slightest? I guess things are worse after this result but they certainly arent better.
No, of course it doesn't, but all but the most optimistic supporters know that our league season is over already. Right now we're playing for the poisoned chalice of the Europa. So while we could have taken risks we might also have taken a real beating which would have undermined Moyes even further. Both sides seemed to be adhering to the old one of "never give a sucker an even break". So in that sense I think it was unrealistic to think that we could suddenly have switched on some good, attacking form when we've been struggling for so long. You have to work your way back towards it. I'm hoping last night was a solid first step.

mancan92

No, of course it doesn't, but all but the most optimistic supporters know that our league season is over already. Right now we're playing for the poisoned chalice of the Europa. So while we could have taken risks we might also have taken a real beating which would have undermined Moyes even further. Both sides seemed to be adhering to the old one of "never give a sucker an even break". So in that sense I think it was unrealistic to think that we could suddenly have switched on some good, attacking form when we've been struggling for so long. You have to work your way back towards it. I'm hoping last night was a solid first step.
True. But Im sure the players and the staff hadnt given up in the same way some of us have, if they had then that is a more damning statement. I didnt really expect much more I guess I was just hoping for more.

Brophs

The One and Only
True. But Im sure the players and the staff hadnt given up in the same way some of us have, if they had then that is a more damning statement. I didnt really expect much more I guess I was just hoping for more.
I'm sure they're very realistic about their position. You chase in hope rather than expectation.

An Irish Red

I've said all along we can't judge him till next season when HIS Manchester United team start the season.
Why shouldn't a manager be judged when he has performed so spectacularly badly with a title-winning squad? we are out of the race for top-four in February. I can't even remember ever being in a race for top four and Moyes has somehow managed to get us in one and get us battered out of it by February.

Do you honestly want David Moyes to tear down and rebuild our squad? it would be disastrous.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Bottom line here, performance/tactics aside, 0-0 at the Emirates is never a bad result!

Now, we just have to accept that and see how things are progressing when we play Crystal Pulis.

4th is gone. It's not happening. Lets use this period and see if there are improvements over the coming month.

If not, something needs to be done. Simple as that!

MDFC Manager

I know there isnt much of a positive outlook in here but...if we can be defensively strong as a team like last night, i can see us making the CL semis.

IhabX7

His and Carrick's reaction after Cleverley pulls it back to Evra.
It's Carrick's mistake more than it's Cleverley's. Why doesn't he have the balls to turn and look for a through ball. Cowardly pass.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's Carrick's mistake more than it's Cleverley's. Why doesn't he have the balls to turn and look for a through ball. Cowardly pass.
Probably expected some kind of 1-2 between him and Cleverley.

Probably. Not that I blame Cleverley in all this by the way.

LR7

Rumours that the board will hold a meeting to discuss the team's progress since the turn of the year.
I'd be worried if they didn't. The whole "we can cope with out trophies or the CL because look at Liverpool, they still sell shirts" rubbish was concerning and seemed like an acceptance of mediocrity because they still feel they can make money. Hopefully it was just talk to reassure investors but something needs to be done. Some plan needs to be put in place if we are to persist with Moyes which I think we will.

Godfather

His and Carrick's reaction after Cleverley pulls it back to Evra.
Carrick starts fecking up the move. Unbelievable just how much criticism Clev get compared to Carrick when in fact Carrick hasnt looked a single bit better this season. Also I think Carrick's reaction is more about his own failure in that situation. So much room and the fecker hasnt got the balls to turn.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I know there isnt much of a positive outlook in here but...if we can be defensively strong as a team like last night, i can see us making the CL semis.
Yesterday was almost a full strength team from us, and barely created anything of note past the 5minute mark, Arsenal really bottled it last night, after their dire performance against Liverpool they set out not to lose, I wouldn't see it as a positive sign and count on us suddenly clicking into solidity at the back due to last nights game thats for sure.
Also thoroughly bored of saying, "We'll use this as a springboard" or "Try and turn the corner now" everytime we have, we've fallen flat on our arse pronto, would it surprise anyone if we went down to Palace next game?
Didnt think so.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Carrick starts fecking up the move. Unbelievable just how much criticism Clev get compared to Carrick when in fact Carrick hasnt looked a single bit better this season. Also I think Carrick's reaction is more about his own failure in that situation. So much room and the fecker hasnt got the balls to turn.
yup

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Even before the ball reached carrick, our counter attack was quite rubbish. It was almost a 2 v 3 situation with Rooney running with the ball and rvp behind him. Rvp was so labored in his support of Rooney. He should have been busting a gut to get alongside/ahead of Rooney but he was doing some weird job/slow run thing.

LR7

Yeah it's quite fashionable to criticise Cleverley on here.
Whilst I agree with parts of your take on Carrick's form this season I also think he's our best penetrative passer through midfield yet he's been made to sit deep as f*ck. I don't think the way he's being used is doing him any favours. He's not an out and out DM. His passing through midfield is too important to the team for it to be utilised so little.

Mersault

Yesterday was almost a full strength team from us, and barely created anything of note past the 5minute mark, Arsenal really bottled it last night, after their dire performance against Liverpool they set out not to lose, I wouldn't see it as a positive sign and count on us suddenly clicking into solidity at the back due to last nights game thats for sure.
Also thoroughly bored of saying, "We'll use this as a springboard" or "Try and turn the corner now" everytime we have, we've falled flat on our arse pronto, would it surprise anyone if we went down to Palace next game?
Didnt think so.
I don't think we looked dangerous offensively, but we pressed them well, Carrick had a very solid game, we didn't panic at the back which was refreshing and given we lined up quite lite in midfield I thought it was a good result. It was a terrible game really, from both sides, but in terms of chances I think we may have shaded it. Both keepers made one fantastic save, but Robin had that early chance where he really should have done better and then there was that one bit of magic in the whole game where Rooney chipped it in for Robin to head it (which brought about their one good save)

Maybe not a clean slate and we start from here, but it wasn't that bad. We've now got 3 away games, including the CL tie, and then Liverpool at home. If we can navigate the away games properly, it'll be some progress at least

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's just bizarre from Carrick (moreso) and Cleverley and typifies them. Both in ample space but don't have the balls to go on and play. And they do it regularly.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
His tactics yesterday was good IMO. We played a compact game and didn't resort to that shit cross rubbish. We were actually passing it around. Obviously we played more defensive but I can understand that. Our confidence and form is shit, arsenal passing game is crazy so it make sense to shut up shop first and foremost. The only thing I will complain about yesterday was no kagawa who would have been perfect on the counter.

Kag

Also thoroughly bored of saying, "We'll use this as a springboard" or "Try and turn the corner now" everytime we have, we've fallen flat on our arse pronto, would it surprise anyone if we went down to Palace next game?
Didnt think so.
Exactly. I'm failing to see the positivity from last night.

Adebesi

Its pace, isnt it. The reason we dont play the front 4 so many people have called for, and the reason we always pick one of Valencia or Young, is because Moyes wants pace in the attacking line. So the only way we will see those two getting dropped is if we buy a better, but fast, attacking player.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its pace, isnt it. The reason we dont play the front 4 so many people have called for, and the reason we always pick one of Valencia or Young, is because Moyes wants pace in the attacking line. So the only way we will see those two getting dropped is if we buy a better, but fast, attacking player.
But why? None of Silva, Nasri, Aguero or Negredo are blessed with blistering pace but Pellegrini is happy to use them as a front four because he can count on them to outplay most defences. Why can't Moyes trust the attacking talent at his disposal? In east Manchester there is a tactical blueprint that in Mata, Januzaj, Rooney and Van Persie we have the players to copy. Why don't we? Instead of fretting over how other teams can hurt us why don't we impose ourselves on them?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is there anyone else that thinks Moyes should come out and state that we're not in the race for 4th anymore? Yes, it's obvious but the players comments, his comments suggest that's still the objective. I think he should take the pressure off and it can do wonders.
Imagine the meltdown if he even hinted at this with 13 games left!

Adebesi

But why? None of Silva, Nasri, Aguero or Negredo are blessed with blistering pace but Pellegrini is happy to use them as a front four because he can count on them to outplay most defences. Why can't Moyes trust the attacking talent at his disposal? In east Manchester there is a tactical blueprint that in Mata, Januzaj, Rooney and Van Persie we have the players to copy. Why don't we? Instead of fretting over how other teams can hurt us why don't we impose ourselves on them?
I certainly cant answer that question, I am just musing about Moyes' mindset.

Maybe we'll see Mata, Rooney and Januzaj behind Chicharito at some point. That might satisfy his criteria.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Whats the point in pace if we end up slowing right down and batting crosses in from all angles? Fair enough if the pace was used for quick counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.