Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Managers will always try and lessen the blow after a defeat and I have no problems with what he's said. He seems to be fairly honest. After the Fulham game he made criticisms of the team which were fair, and it wasnt a scathing attack. It was a better comment in the circumstances than saying we were "unlucky".

In terms of the foobtall being played its been worse since Christmas - when its probably been made clear that a lot of players time at the club could be up in the summer - maybe that has an effect.

I have no particular love for Moyes - but he has been placed in a pressure cooker situation, he hasnt got the players in he wanted and he's having the difficult job of being the "bad guy" in moving on a number of players who are no doubt well liked and well respected by fans and players alike. He's also trying to get the best out of a squad and develop a system even ythough hlaf of them could be out of the first XI next year.

He hasn't made the most of what he has, but I think he deserves a chance to bring in the players he wants (and he looks like targetting very good players if the press reports are right). It will be easier to see how he sets up, what he intends and if the football and results improve - if not then the club have a decision to make.
10% of me agrees with you.

I think the club will go down your route anyway. It would be great if he actually ended up being a good manager for us.

FineYoungCasual

Of course it makes a difference. You obviously don't understand the context. Maybe listen to the fecking thing.
Don't be daft, mate, it makes no difference at all.

To away going fans, you're just another keyboard warrior blowing hot air on the internet.

No better or worse than anyone else on here.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I was just wondering, I know this has probably been brought up, did we by law have to advertise the job, even internally. Surely by just giving the job to someone we didn't allow coaches already at the club or say one outside the club applying. There is a big thing about not enough black managers in the game, yet we didn't even allow anyone else be interviewed. Is that legal under the equality or employment laws.

FineYoungCasual

I was just wondering, I know this has probably been brought up, did we by law have to advertise the job, even internally. Surely by just giving the job to someone we didn't allow coaches already at the club or say one outside the club applying. There is a big thing about not enough black managers in the game, yet we didn't even allow anyone else be interviewed. Is that legal under the equality or employment laws.
Impeach Moyes!

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Don't be daft, mate, it makes no difference at all.

To away going fans, you're just another keyboard warrior blowing hot air on the internet.

No better or worse than anyone else on here.
All of this is true but you need to listen to the context. Mitten was saying that "even" matchgoing fans were coming to the end of their tether. He stressed that these were "not the sort to rant on the internet" to put their unhappiness in context. He clearly intended to imply that these were fans who were a lot less likely than most to throw their toys out of the pram if we have a dodgy spell.

It was Nick that brought the caf into it. Not really sure why he felt the need. I think it's much more likely that Mitten meant Facebook whingers and loony tune bloggers. People on here are fairly sensible. Even those I don't agree with.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Read something about Vialli saying Moyes would've been sacked three times in Serie A. To be fair, he would've been sacked three times in the PL too if he were managing any other top club that isn't Man United. In fact, our recent form and style of football since the new year is relegation standard and I'm certain more than 3/4 of PL teams would've sacked him by now. But sigh, we're Man United. We do things the proper way.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
The biggest problem the club has, despite the obvious fact that we have taken on a mid table manager who has only been negative, is the Glazers. the summer will show if they are ready and willing to get the club back on top or not. I am not too optimistic though after hearing Ed Woodward saying we do not actually need to win anything, we can still sell shirts and be a success, just look at Liverpool over the years, Bad attitude.

sparky

I think that in trying to avoid the failed successions to Busby they have accidently followed it, if you get my drift. By being determined to have someone who "is cut in the same cloth" and not admitting they are wrong they may probably do more damage to the club than the days after Busby. (I do hope I am wrong). No one is cut from the same cloth as SAF, he was one in a kind. They should have acknowledged that and gone in a different direction. Maybe they should have gone all out to get Pep before he went to Munich.

Will Absolute

Read something about Vialli saying Moyes would've been sacked three times in Serie A. To be fair, he would've been sacked three times in the PL too if he were managing any other top club that isn't Man United. In fact, our recent form and style of football since the new year is relegation standard and I'm certain more than 3/4 of PL teams would've sacked him by now. But sigh, we're Man United. We do things the proper way.
It's partly that, but it's also down to the removed nature of the Glazer ownership. Under SAF they had no need to involve themselves in football matters - just sign the cheques and allow Fergie and Gill to manage the club's affairs.

Now their business interests require them to make a big decision in opposition to Fergie (presumably), and their previous detachment leaves them ill-equipped to do so. What do they really know about football? and who will they turn to for trustworthy advice?

Varun

Staff
The biggest problem the club has, despite the obvious fact that we have taken on a mid table manager who has only been negative, is the Glazers. the summer will show if they are ready and willing to get the club back on top or not. I am not too optimistic though after hearing Ed Woodward saying we do not actually need to win anything, we can still sell shirts and be a success, just look at Liverpool over the years, Bad attitude.
Except he didnt actually say that.

Amir

Maybe they should have gone all out to get Pep before he went to Munich.
I think Fergie only decided to retire in late December and told Gill about it maybe in February. Pep was appointed mid-January. It just wasn't going to happen.

But I'll tell you, if you see the likes of Pep/Mourinho.Klopp as the level/style of manager you want, your next target is not David Moyes.

LonelyFire

The question marks over his future almost seem like a token gesture given how bad the results have gotten - if you read the articles, they all say he's still got the backing from the glazers and the rest is just their personal criticism of performances and results.
They've all gone with that because that's the feeling being given by Woodward. He's on thin ice

Dominos

They've all gone with that because that's the feeling being given by Woodward. He's on thin ice
Hopefully. I don't know how much thinner it can get though. It could hardly be any more clear he's not the best person to manage this club, not anywhere near.

Shark

@NotShark
It's funny that we all once again thought that we'd turned a corner, seeing that exciting team vs Palace win convincingly and play some lovely football at times, only to see that Moyes was resting Young and Valencia for the biggest game of our crumbling season. Madness.

mancan92

It's funny that we all once again thought that we'd turned a corner, seeing that exciting team vs Palace win convincingly and play some lovely football at times, only to see that Moyes was resting Young and Valencia for the biggest game of our crumbling season. Madness.
I didnt really think the palace game was all that great to be honest. Up until half time it was another poor display with tension in the air. The only difference was we got a bit of luck in the penalty and we got a bit freer but the overall performance was decent at best.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I disagree about this and I said it at the time (in details, see page 567). We didn't win that convincingly against Palace. We only played really well after the penalty. Before that we didn't create real chances. Watch the game again and you'll be surprised..

However we're mostly influenced by the result and what we see last. The first half against Olympiacos (before the goal) and the first half against Palace were pretty similar. But like a coin flip, we were "lucky" to score first against Palace, and "unlucky" to concede first against Olympiacos.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We also signed Juan Mata. Did we interview other players? Did we give Kevin Nolan a chance to present his resume?

Sarni

You do not advertise players jobs, but most sensible people would advertise the biggest job in football. I was only asking.:(
Well any available manager other than Guardiola and maybe Ancelotti (assuming he had a deal with Real in place already) would have loved the job.

At the beginning I thought Moyes would be all right. He was a bit bland but nevertheless had a decent if uninspiring record with Everton. I never even entertained the idea that he could turn out this bad.

Revan

Assumptionman
What you have is your own personal opinion. Do You think the board or Gary Neville are just stupid, loyal idiots that cannot see things that the Moyes out brigade, in their infinite wisdom and experience bring to this debate?. You think you know what's going to happen, who is going to leave and that things will not improve? You know this how ?
Yes. I wouldn't call them idiots, but they are (and have taken) decisions/opinions with heart and seems to be more interested to give an example (probably unintentionally) of British supremacy and United way rather than the future of United.

Kagawa and Chicha will be the first players (after Vidic) who will leave and no, we won't improve if Moyes continue being our manager.

I was happy to help ;)

Sarni

Yes. I wouldn't call them idiots, but they are (and have taken) decisions/opinions with heart and seems to be more interested to give an example (probably unintentionally) of British supremacy and United way rather than the future of United.

Kagawa and Chicha will be the first players (after Vidic) who will leave and no, we won't improve if Moyes continue being our manager.

I was happy to help ;)
We also know that Fergie is a very stubborn man. He often took time to own up to his mistakes as a manager.

Sarni

I was happy to help ;)
That's the worst part as I said yesterday - we could quite conceivably lose three very good players for reasons that are purely down to Moyes (Kagawa, van Persie and Hernandez) which would be a significant step back.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
We also know that Fergie is a very stubborn man. He often took time to own up to his mistakes as a manager.
Prime example: Jaap Stamm. Took him 10/11? years to accept he was wrong about selling him. He'll take a lot longer to admit he's wrong about Moyes.

Revan

Assumptionman
That's the worst part as I said yesterday - we could quite conceivably lose three very good players for reasons that are purely down to Moyes (Kagawa, van Persie and Hernandez) which would be a significant step back.
Nani likely too but he has been completely marginalized (when fit) and is always injured. Vidic has already left, Moyes sold Fabio, Evra will likely soon leave and many rumours about Rafael.

If he spends those 150-200m and if that isn't managed well (why someone would think that Moyes will be great in transfer market?) and we lose these good players then for his successor will be much difficult having expensive flops and players like Valencia, Young and Cleverley in his team. Then what to do? The geniuses here would likely say to give a few years and a few hundred millions to the next manager but that won't happen because we don't have unlimited to cash. It can really become ugly if we don't make decisions calmly and rationally.

Robbie Boy

I didnt really think the palace game was all that great to be honest. Up until half time it was another poor display with tension in the air. The only difference was we got a bit of luck in the penalty and we got a bit freer but the overall performance was decent at best.
Agree with that. The Palace performance has been blown out of proportion to some extent.

LonelyFire

I did try and calm the excited "turned a corner" posts after palace!

Sarni

Nani likely too but he has been completely marginalized (when fit) and is always injured. Vidic has already left, Moyes sold Fabio, Evra will likely soon leave and many rumours about Rafael.

If he spends those 150-200m and if that isn't managed well (why someone would think that Moyes will be great in transfer market?) and we lose these good players then for his successor will be much difficult having expensive flops and players like Valencia, Young and Cleverley in his team. Then what to do? The geniuses here would likely say to give a few years and a few hundred millions to the next manager but that won't happen because we don't have unlimited to cash. It can really become ugly if we don't make decisions calmly and rationally.
It will take £40m+ to replace these departing players as we will need another #10 or a forward and a back up forward at least and we could do without it.

Kagawa and Hernandez would be absolutely mad to stay beyond this season.

Sam

Yep, thats why I want Moyes out before he can do any more damage.

Give this squad to a quality manager, and he'd be chuffed with our attacking options (maybe one extra winger is needed to replace Young/Valencia). If Moyes is allowed to dismantle to squad, then the fall from grace will take even longer to recover from.

Rednails

You do not advertise players jobs, but most sensible people would advertise the biggest job in football. I was only asking.:(
As the job was not filled by an internal candidate, then technically it should have been advertised. But the top echelon at companies seem to get away with it, they are mysteriously appointed or head hunted. We could do with an out of work manager such as Keane (!) complaining to an IT that he wasn't given the opportunity to apply for the job!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's off to Macclesfield Town then.

Status
Not open for further replies.