Moyes To Succeed Ferguson Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murt

devilish said:
Lightning rarely strike twice in the same place.
Rarely, you mean it does sometimes :nervous:
I allways stand and wait for the bus in a spot that actually got hit by lightning a few yrs back, here i was thinking i was safe as houses :houllier:

Skholesy

Mind games are mind games, I think saying referee doesn't give you much over the years or games is fair enough, saying the ref supports the team that you're playing against just before the game just stinks.

He should be investigated for that. The FA should've pulled riley the moment that happened. And yes, I'm clutching at straws.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
With Moyes only having six months on his deal, it's got me wondering whether this is Fergies last season. I know Fergie wants Moyes to replace him, so wouldn't surprise me if they've planned it so that he delayed retirement until Moyes' deal is coming to an end.

Revan

Assumptionman
Interesting that this thread is 8 years old and probably no-one at that time expected SAF to be our manager 'till now. Anyway, I expect him to be the third favorite (after Jose and Pep), while Solskjaer being the wild card. Much depends if really SAF will retire this season and if he does then who is available.

pocco

loco
How much of a say do you all think Fergie will have in who his replacement is? I know he's very close with Moyes and, as I said, has assured him he'll have a chance at getting it if Fergie is still involved. Moyers has turned down some very good job offers, including Spurs a couple of times. I think he's desperate to be our next manager.

I'd be comfortable with Moyes as our next manager. It helps knowing that Fergie rates him, but a lot of people have said how alike the two are in personality. He's no-nonsense and a bit of a hard bastard too, I've heard some funny stories from his time at Preston North End about him getting into scuffles with managers.

VoetbalWizard

gollum shouldn't be anywhere near this job. he doesn't have it in him.

i'd rather have jm, pep, ole, ancelotti, hiddink...even take a flyer on klopp or pellegrini before moyes.

hell i'd rather have steve McClaren before moyes...atleast Schteve has put himself out there, tried different jobs/leagues, has a tie to utd, not afraid of failing.

Moyes sits in the comfort of the bluescouse achieving the minimum in the comfort of a low pressure job/environment where nothing is expected of him really....... and then we want him to manage one of the biggest clubs on the planet?

FFS. what a joke. feck off moyes.

Widnes

With Moyes only having six months on his deal, it's got me wondering whether this is Fergies last season. I know Fergie wants Moyes to replace him, so wouldn't surprise me if they've planned it so that he delayed retirement until Moyes' deal is coming to an end.
eh? Not sure Fergie has ever said that

pocco

loco
I'd take Solskjaer for obvious reasons, but he's hardly the pinnacle of managerial achievement and experience himself, is he now? I think Moyes has proven that he's got the right character, makes astute signings and, as proven this season, can put together a team that plays good football. He's also been more that willing to give youth a chance.

Whether he'd hack it here, who knows. But if he was given time to settle in and make his mark, I think he'd be fine. I've already pointed out that he could have moved on to bigger clubs, but he seems hell bent on waiting for us to come calling. With Fergie in his ear all the time telling him to be patient, who could blame him?

Varun

Staff
Moyes has done nothing to jump straight to the job at OT. Let him prove himself at some place like Spurs first.

VoetbalWizard

I'd take Solskjaer for obvious reasons, but he's hardly the pinnacle of managerial achievement and experience himself, is he now? I think Moyes has proven that he's got the right character, makes astute signings and, as proven this season, can put together a team that plays good football. He's also been more that willing to give youth a chance.

Whether he'd hack it here, who knows. But if he was given time to settle in and make his mark, I think he'd be fine. I've already pointed out that he could have moved on to bigger clubs, but he seems hell bent on waiting for us to come calling. With Fergie in his ear all the time telling him to be patient, who could blame him?
has moyes ever been offered any massive jobs on the continent? Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Schalke, Juve, Inter, Milan...even a valencia?

If we're going to hire a manager who has ZERO experience in CL football, then give it to someone with utd connections and history.

Spurs are not a big job. And everyone gets offered the chelsea job.

Widnes

Just because you aren't aware, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
When did it happen? SAF has commented on many managers ability to replace him in the past but I am fairly certain he has never put his name to any manager by saying that he wants him, possibly privately but it is something he seems to avoid saying publicly.

Ringo 07

If Moyes could learn more European tactis in the same way Steve Clarke and Brendan Rodgers learned from Mourinho then I think he would be the perfect man to replace Fergie as his man managment skills and motivational skills are as good as any top manager out there not to mention his record at nurturing top up and coming youth players.
Would be nice though to have a manager from abraod to tap into talent from abraod too such as a Frech coach or something like that! I feel Fergie will try and stay one more season beyond this one so that he can nurture the likes of Powell, Cleverley and Welbeck until they are ready to always be picked while amybe siging one or two more young talents to balance the team also. Zaha and Barkley would be nice to complete the picture!

pocco

loco
When did it happen? SAF has commented on many managers ability to replace him in the past but I am fairly certain he has never put his name to any manager by saying that he wants him, possibly privately but it is something he seems to avoid saying publicly.
Privately. I'm going off what Moyes himself has said behind closed doors. Trust me, Fergie and Moyes are big pals.

Even Spurs didn't go for Moyes.
They did, a while back.

Varun

Staff
How do you know what both Moyes and Sir Alex have said in private behind closed doors? ITK?

VoetbalWizard

Privately. I'm going off what Moyes himself has said behind closed doors. Trust me, Fergie and Moyes are big pals.

They did, a while back.
what's moyes said about never going for big CL job in europe and why his everton couldn't win a playoff to get into the CL?

What's he said about being less successful than steve mcclaren in his managerial career?

What's he said about his lack of european experience and lack of tactical creativity?

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I doubt Fergie will have final say in who is selected. And certainly, no sane Chief Executive is going to choose David Moyes over Jose Mourinho. Its more nostalgic fantasticism at the prospect of having another Scottish manager. Ain't gonna happen.

VoetbalWizard

I doubt Fergie will have final say in who is selected. And certainly, no sane Chief Executive is going to choose David Moyes over Jose Mourinho. Its more nostalgic fantasticism at the prospect of having another Scottish manager. Ain't gonna happen.
my fear is glazers will have second thoughts when JM asks for similar level of wage and transfer fee flexibility that he has received at his previous jobs.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
my fear is glazers will have second thoughts when JM asks for similar level of wage and transfer fee flexibility that he has received at his previous jobs.
Fergie seems to have maximum flexibility on transfers and wages and I wouldn't think Mourinho would be denied similar latitude. If Mourinho doesn't come, it will be because we found Pep a better option, which is doubtful. Joe-say is nailed on to get the job imo.

kietotheworld

It'd be really high risk for Ferguson to delay his retirement to accommodate Moyes. We'll face strong competition from Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Barcelona and Milan if there's even a whiff of a chance that an amazing manager like Moyes might be available.

Varun

Staff
It'd be really high risk for Ferguson to delay his retirement to accommodate Moyes. We'll face strong competition from Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Barcelona and Milan if there's even a whiff of a chance that an amazing manager like Moyes might be available.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.