NBA 2015-2016

PvsNP

I get the numbers, but there has to be something to it if the Lakers are exploring it right? If it's completely unrealistic then it wouldn't even get the legs it has so far?

As for the rest of the roster, if Ryan Kelly is still on a decent contract, he's another guy to fill it. Itd be lacking in the backcourt so have to look for some minimums there.

And then next season Kobe retires and we go for Durant
Very unlikely to happen. After declining Hill's $9M option, they will be looking for a big man in the market, so it's only natural they're exploring options. DJ will probably re-sign or go to the Mavs while LMA will go to Spurs.

2016 is where it's at for the Lakers. They should sign Tyson Chandler now and they'll challenge for playoff spots again.

PvsNP

Sign Tyson now and they'll compete for the playoffs this year?
Oops, should've added 'at best'. They could compete for the 8th spot, considering the way Portland are rebuilding and Mavs could lose key players.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
This is why you don't give guys $50 million when they are over the hill. Lakers fans loved to say that Kobe earned it or whatever but it seriously damages their flexibility when you have a guy shooting 37% making $25,000,000.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This is why you don't give guys $50 million when they are over the hill. Lakers fans loved to say that Kobe earned it or whatever but it seriously damages their flexibility when you have a guy shooting 37% making $25,000,000.
For the record, Ive never said he earned it. For someone who desperately wants one more ring, that contract has been as damaging as anything to those hopes.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Some people argue that shafting Kobe in his final contract would be more damaging than whatever difficulties they currently have with his albatross deal.

I think the argument here is that players should always do what is best for them. Let the front office worry about the financials.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Some people argue that shafting Kobe in his final contract would be more damaging than whatever difficulties they currently have with his albatross deal.

I think the argument here is that players should always do what is best for them. Let the front office worry about the financials.
Yup. See Wade.

Bubz27

:eek:
Starts next season when the cap increases and has an opt-out in year 4. It sounds like a huge contract but they'll become the norm within 2 years.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Aye, Wade sacrificed for the good of the team, but in the process left several millions on the table. feck that, get paid.
Disagree. Duncan, Wade and others made sacrifices financially but it got them multiple rings. Bryant didn't and he'll always be one ring short of MJ. It's your own choice of course, but it's not like one of them will ever have to worry about money regardless what deal they agree to in the end of their careers. Kobe should've thought about the team first if he really wanted a sixth championship.

PvsNP

Starts next season when the cap increases and has an opt-out in year 4. It sounds like a huge contract but they'll become the norm within 2 years.
True, I will just have to get used to those numbers.

Kind of incredible how quickly he agreed to it though.

PvsNP

Dunleavy is staying, good news. 3 year deal worth $14.4M.

PvsNP

Carroll to Raptors confirmed now. 4 years, $60M.

Last edited:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
We are probably going to see someone making 40 million a year within two years.

PvsNP

Spurs are closing in on Aldridge. They've already traded Splitter to Hawks to make room for him.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Parker - Green - Leonard - Aldridge - Duncan could be ridiculous. Though I guess it would depend on what Parker has left.

Bubz27

Free agency never ceases to amaze me. It's been a crazy day so far.

LA didn't make a good impression on LMA apparently. He'll be at the Spurs soon.

I didn't want him anyway... Lol. But seriously, Jordan is a better fit anyway. Rim protector next to Randle is needed, not another PF.

Bubz27

I'm firmly in the camp that doesn't buy that, but I accept there are plenty that do.

If somebody doesn't want to play with Kobe, okay bye. If that's enough to turn you off then see ya.

I'm not saying we'll be better for it, hell look at Howard (nearly) competing for championships while we are one of the worst teams in the league. But so what. Best of luck to anybody who doesn't want to play with Kobe. He's had plenty of team mates who enjoyed winning rings with him.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Spurs have already more or less rebuilt before Parker, Ginobili and Duncan retire. That's crazy.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Dragic agrees a $90m 5-year extension with the Heat, fifth year being a player option ($18m less than a max deal).

Wade's next?

PvsNP

There's Butler's max contract. 5 years, $95M. Great stuff.

sport2793

Kevin Love has agreed a 5 year contract to stay with the Cavs per ESPN.

sport2793

Interesting to see if the Suns end up trading Bledsoe (it's been reported that they are shopping him around).