NBA 2017-2018

entropy

It lets the player move between the NBA and the D-league. Each team can now have a 15 man roster, and 2 additional "2-way" contracts, so 17 man rosters now. It's called the "Yogi Ferrell Rule" because it allows more teams to utilize the D League for talent and player development.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Lakers leaving cap for 2 star signings... PG and? For next season..?
James or Cousins, as it has been said.

Ben Simmons apparently worked on his shooting while recovering from injury. If he can add this to his attributes and deliver on what he was already projected as, it's going to be great for Philadelphia. I hope Fultz, Simmons and Embiid can stay fit and realize their potential, they'd be an incredible team to watch if that happens. I am probably rooting for them the most after Portland these days.

Obviously they are not going to stand a chance against Lillard-McCollum backcourt and Collins-Nurkic frontcourt.

arthurka

James or Cousins, as it has been said.

Ben Simmons apparently worked on his shooting while recovering from injury. If he can add this to his attributes and deliver on what he was already projected as, it's going to be great for Philadelphia. I hope Fultz, Simmons and Embiid can stay fit and realize their potential, they'd be an incredible team to watch if that happens. I am probably rooting for them the most after Portland these days.

Obviously they are not going to stand a chance against Lillard-McCollum backcourt and Collins-Nurkic frontcourt.
Yeah I agree with that and finally it looks like Lakers are turning a corner.

Sarni

Yeah I agree with that and finally it looks like Lakers are turning a corner.
Not fully sure about that. George will go there unless he gets a good trade this Summer and decides to stay with the team he's traded to. I don't believe James will go there and Cousins I am not sure about either. Their future is still a big unknown and they have just traded no. 2 pick from 2015 draft.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Ricky Rubio attracting interest from the Jazz. Weird if they trade him and after trading Lavine.

ZDwyr

Ricky Rubio attracting interest from the Jazz. Weird if they trade him and after trading Lavine.
I can see both Hill and Hayward leaving the Jazz. Hill would be a decent pick-up up for Minnesota IMO.

Also, Russ. MVP. :cool:

Sarni

They probably want someone who can shoot better. As ZDwyr pointed out, George Hill would make a lot sense for them. Much better shooter than Rubio, good defensively, experienced. Timberwolves have been clearing cap lately. They waived Pekovic but I think he still counts against the cap, they shouldn't have given Dieng that $15M contract. I think with Pekovic they can use stretch provision?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Don't know if Hill for Rubio would make much sense for the Timberwolves. They get a better scorer, yes and Hill is a good 3Point shooter which will help them stretch the floor. But he's a worse playmaker and he'll demand more money than Rubio, who's on a decent contract. Defensively they're about the same.
Still, if they can work it out (Hill and Butler sharing playmaking duty) it could work. I'm still sceptical if Wiggins and Butler will be a good fit tho.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
All this CP3/Rockets talk, just don't see him fitting amazingly well with Harden. Both are smart players so would probably make it work, but don't think it's a match made in heaven.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Phil Jackson and Knicks apparently parting ways. About time and relief for Knicks fans, Dolan probably was forced to sack him before he could trade Porzingis and resign Rose.

JoaquinJoaquin

I would be happy about Phil but, then I remembered Dolan is still the owner.
I hate Dolan as much as the next guy, But to be fair to him he has managed to take a back seat the last few years and has stayed out of the way. Hopefully that will continue.

RDCR07

All this CP3/Rockets talk, just don't see him fitting amazingly well with Harden. Both are smart players so would probably make it work, but don't think it's a match made in heaven.
That wont work at all. Its the Howard-Harden situation all over again.

Sarni

Paul will not go to Houston. They are always linked with big free agents but Howard aside, they don't seem to be able to get any.

Kearnkoff69

Nice for Knicks fans. David Griffin happens to be recently unemployed...I'd really like to see them coax Hinkie out of retirement and see The Process come to New York (the chances of this happening are slim to none, I know).

altodevil

Nice for Knicks fans. David Griffin happens to be recently unemployed...I'd really like to see them coax Hinkie out of retirement and see The Process come to New York (the chances of this happening are slim to none, I know).
I like Hinkie, but they don't need that drastic a change. They have some really nice pieces already. Looks like they are going for the Toronto prez.

Kearnkoff69

I like Hinkie, but they don't need that drastic a change. They have some really nice pieces already. Looks like they are going for the Toronto prez.
Oh I agree, they have the makings of a potentially solid young core. Still, KP is the only sure thing on their roster (besides Melo, who maybe does and maybe doesn't want to be there). Frank is a hugely raw prospect, and Hernangomez was good this year but he doesn't strike me as a world beater. I'd love to see a watered down version of Hinkie-ball come to NY to build around the pieces they have. As for the Toronto prez, he's good but I don't see him leaving to work for Dolan. Griffin did a fine job at the Cavs and I can't see why they'd chase someone who's not guaranteed to come when they have a solid option waiting around unemployed.

Zen

And opens the door to the Spurs next summer when TP and Pau are off the books? Looks like this year is a write off....and next years the big time.

RDCR07

This was the Clippers chance to rebuild again and they have shot themselves in the foot with their first step.

altodevil

Not enough, for Houston. Gonna be fun to watch though. Do they have the cap for another star?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This was the Clippers chance to rebuild again and they have shot themselves in the foot with their first step.
It's the Clippers.

That being said, what would have been the better option? Trade for Parker and Ginobili's expiring contracts? I'd be horrified seeing them in that jersey.

Skills

Snitch
Harden just had his best ever season, playing at PG and they sign CP3 now? Doesn't make sense.