NBA 2017-2018

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Can't wait for the free-agency period. The NBA off-season shits all over the football transfer window, to be honest. This is the first one that I follow closely though, so maybe that's why I'm so excited.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I love Milos Teodosic. I have seen some of his Euroleague games on NBA TV and ESPN 3 and some games he had with Serbia. He is such a fun player his passing is incredible but, Drew League and Rucker Park are the only places in the States I would want to watch him play. I can not see him doing much off the dribble in the NBA and I have no idea who he can guard in the NBA. The reports of the Bulls being desperate to sign him make no sense.

Skills

Snitch
No he isn't.

I got Dirk, Jordan, Miller, Allen, West, and Bird ahead of him. Steph still has a ways to go before crowning him G.O.A.T.
Nobody's called him the 'GOAT'. I said he's the best shooter ever though.

Career best 3p shooting seasons ever:

Larry Bird - 42.7%
Dirk Nowitzki - 42.1%
Michael Jordan - 42.7% (on a short 3 point line btw)
Reggie Miller - 42.9%

Steph Curry career 3p % - 43.8%. Not even close. His average is better than their best.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

I you define "shooter" as 3pt fg pct, sure. All time? Shooting Efficiency (jump shots only)? You get a different story.

Zen

Do you know what you are arguing when you are claiming Jordan above Curry as the best shooter? It's not even close. Which is odd given you dropped names like Miller and Allen, who are clearly not on a real all round GOAT list.

I'd dare say the two best shooters ever, are currently playing, together. And Klay would definitely be quite high on that list too.

Dirk, Nash, Allen, Reggie, Bird, Peja, Billups, Pierce some others to throw in there. But look at them and what Curry does, it's just not close.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Curry is the undisputed n°1 for me. But I'd say Nash, Allen, maybe Miller, Korver(?), Horry :drool: are still above Klay for me.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Do you know what you are arguing when you are claiming Jordan above Curry as the best shooter? It's not even close. Which is odd given you dropped names like Miller and Allen, who are clearly not on a real all round GOAT list.

I'd dare say the two best shooters ever, are currently playing, together. And Klay would definitely be quite high on that list too.

Dirk, Nash, Allen, Reggie, Bird, Peja, Billups, Pierce some others to throw in there. But look at them and what Curry does, it's just not close.
We're still talking about greatest shooting, yes? Not 3pt field goal %.

Different game. Those guys were dealing with primarily m2m defenses. With zone being implemented and basically inviting more outside shooting; stick Jordan in today's game and he eats everyone alive.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Thibs is a moron. Fair enough if you don't think that he's the perfect fit for this team, I don't think either after they got Butler. But they'll realize pretty quickly that there aren't any great alternatives. What are they gonna do, max out an 31 year old Kyle Lowry? Give Jeff Teague 18 million/year? Or something similar to 31 year old injury prone George Hill?
But hey, let's through the playmaker who's young, about to enter his prime and on a relatively cheap contract away for peanuts.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Nobody's called him the 'GOAT'. I said he's the best shooter ever though.

Career best 3p shooting seasons ever:

Larry Bird - 42.7%
Dirk Nowitzki - 42.1%
Michael Jordan - 42.7% (on a short 3 point line btw)
Reggie Miller - 42.9%

Steph Curry career 3p % - 43.8%. Not even close. His average is better than their best.
Klay like Steph is a volume 3 point shooter and has a career average of 41.9% from 3 point range and has never shot under 40% for any of his seasons in the NBA. He is also 2nd fastest to 1,000 3 pointers behind Curry (369 games for Steph, 372 for Klay). If he's not the 2nd best shooter of all time yet, if he remains on pace, it's only a matter of time.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
That's a pretty pointless trade, isn't it? For all sides.

Blake set to stay at Clippers, apparently. Just disappointing.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
So I am just guessing that Boston did not want Cousins, Butler or George. They could have easily beaten all those deals without giving up anything major. If they do not get Hayward this is bad.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
And two of the best players in the Eastern conference are now in the West in Butler and George. And losing their stars means two playoff teams Boston and Chicago will be in rebuild. There is also a chance that another playoff team in Atlanta blowing it up. Their is going to be a big gap between the two conferences next season. If I was Hayward I would move to the East because of that.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Pritchard and Bird didn't want to trade with the Lakers. Whether it was the Boston connection or not wanting to give in to PG13's demands. Lakers offer was better than OKC's.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

And two of the best players in the Eastern conference are now in the West in Butler and George. And losing their stars means two playoff teams Boston and Chicago will be in rebuild. There is also a chance that another playoff team in Atlanta blowing it up. Their is going to be a bigger gap between the two conferences next season. If I was Hayward I would move to the East because of that.
As if there wasn't a big gap there to begin with.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
A dark end to this would be George and Westbrook enjoying playing with each other so much in Oklahoma they decide to be teammates again in LA.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

A dark end to this would be George and Westbrook enjoying playing with each other so much in Oklahoma they decide to be teammates again in LA.
Only reason is the extra year under contract. Westbrook might stay for the money, but probably not PG. OKC is capped out and they probably won't be competing for the title with that squad.