NBA 2017-2018

ZDwyr

Yeah if he didn't get a triple-double then we all know it wasn't actually a good game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Of course he won't go to Warriors. There's no way they will have max deal available anyway, I don't get why it's even suggested that they might.

Sarni

I loathe the concept of tanking, however I'm excited to see our young guns go at it.
Knowing Memphis, you are probably going to soon pull off some strange 125-80 victory over Warriors or Rockets, while playing a line up of Harrison, Selden, Brooks, Martin and Wright.

I like Brooks BTW. He looks like a good talent and was a good pick in the second round.

Some scrubs on two-way contracts have been making a great impression across the league too, mostly at Clippers though.

And you'll love tanking when Trae Young or Luka Doncic are balling for you next season. :lol: Do you think it's also possible that you will move Gasol and Conley for young players or picks?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Knowing Memphis, you are probably going to soon pull off some strange 125-80 victory over Warriors or Rockets, while playing a line up of Harrison, Selden, Brooks, Martin and Wright.

I like Brooks BTW. He looks like a good talent and was a good pick in the second round.

Some scrubs on two-way contracts have been making a great impression across the league too, mostly at Clippers though.

And you'll love tanking when Trae Young or Luka Doncic are balling for you next season. :lol: Do you think it's also possible that you will move Gasol and Conley for young players or picks?
I wouldn't be shocked if we got one more shock win.

Brooks is amazing. He's had a few games where he hit the rookie wall, but otherwise he's done much better than expected. The hope is that he locks down the #3 position for us, it's been topsy turvy ever since Rudy Gay left us.

Small chance we'll end up top 4 in the draft, especially if Evans gets moved. I wouldn't let Conley go unless we got a very promising draft pick we could build the franchise around. Gasol I see moving on this season or next. He deserves a ring.

Not watched college basketball much this season. I wait until March Madness and binge, and form my opinion on available draft picks then. But it's impossible to not notice what Trae Young is doing.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Of course he won't go to Warriors. There's no way they will have max deal available anyway, I don't get why it's even suggested that they might.
As a fan I'm not sure I'd actually even want him. His playing skills are still top notch there is no doubt but LeBron creates dysfunction and instability wherever he goes. In addition, with his "win now" agenda this often guts the franchise of future draft picks and so the team ends up getting old fast as well as having very little to rebuild with when he does decide to leave. Last but not least but maybe most important, the Dubs seem to have created an extremely selfless culture where the superstars are all first among equals. I don't see that continuing anywhere near as well if LeBron comes to town.

Sarni

As a fan I'm not sure I'd actually even want him. His playing skills are still top notch there is no doubt but LeBron creates dysfunction and instability wherever he goes. In addition, with his "win now" agenda this often guts the franchise of future draft picks and so the team ends up getting old fast as well as having very little to rebuild with when he does decide to leave. Last but not least but maybe most important, the Dubs seem to have created an extremely selfless culture where the superstars are all first among equals. I don't see that continuing anywhere near as well if LeBron comes to town.
I don't see the point of such move other than for LeBron to pick up another ring or two. Even without LeBron Warriors are by far the best team in the league and nailed on to win it all, of course he would make them better but it'd change nothing in terms of final outcome which would still be the same - winning the championship comfortably.

Also I don't think he'd want to go there. He needs to be an alpha and he wouldn't be that at Warriors, despite being the best player there. He'd gain much more credibility by going to one of the upcoming teams and trying to win with them. I was a fan of 76ers move but he would need to accept that Simmons would run the show there and take a backseat for it to work properly, if he was to take over the lead role from Simmons for a longer period of time it would just harm Simmons' development.

I think this rumour is pure nonsense though. I don't think Warriros have any intention to go for him, they don't have any intention to work hard to create max space to be able to sign him and I don't think LeBron has any intention to go there.

Much like Anthony Davis to Warriors rumors. Even if they were to offer Thompson and Green, which is still not enough to get Davis, especially given their contract situation (neither would re-sign in New Orleans), it would not make any sense. Davis is better than any of them and the core of Curry, Durant and Davis would be formidable but the chemistry with Klay and Draymond is so good there that it would hurt the team if they broke it.

I have Davis as an almost certain bet to move to Celtics either in the Summer or at 2019 trade deadline. Celtics have accumulated the assets to go for this trade and they eventually will - probably offering some of Smart, Rozier, Brown, Kings 2019 pick, Grizzlies 2019 pick and their own picks. If Cousins does not sign with Pels, I think it will happen in July already.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This week has been horrible for me. First, we meekly lose to the Spurs, and now, the Raptors choke against a Wall-less Wizards. We also have to play against the Trailblazers tomorrow...I don't have a good feeling about this at all.

We badly missed a scorer off the bench, and I have no idea why we decided to stop moving the ball around after the first sign of Wizards pressure in the second half. We kept giving the ball to Lowry and DeRozan and didn't even give Valanciunas a sniff in the second half for some reason. Our rebounding was shocking in the whole game as well, with Ibaka in particular really struggling on the boards in the second half.

People keep saying that this is a really good team. Sorry, but I don't really see that. We keep giving away cheap victories like this. Good teams don't do that.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Nah, not this season. Cavs were miles better than Celtics last year because Celtics largely overperformed in the regular season while Cavs strolled through games without any effort.

This year Celtics are much better than they were a year ago. The addition of Irving and Tatum, as well as the development of Brown significantly outweigh the loss of Thomas, Bradley and Crowder (Irving > Thomas by far, Brown of today > Bradley, Tatum > Crowder by far). On top of that Celtics also have a superior coach who knows how to get the best out of his players, and enough assets to make 1-2 big moves before trade deadline. I have them as favourites to land Tyreke Evans which by itself would be a big enough coup.

I think it'd be close series. LeBron could get Cavs over the line but if I had to bet my money on it now, I would put it on Celtics making the finals.

East playoffs will be plenty of fun this year IMO, the quality is worse than in the West but everyone can beat everyone - Cavs, Celtics and Raptors are the top teams obviously, any of them can win the conference, but the teams behind them should have some playoffs fun as well. Bucks are always dangerous with Giannis, atmosphere at 76ers games (if they make it there) will be absolutely electric, Pacers and Heat could be surprise packages too. Wizards and Pistons right now are sort of boring and predictable.
:eek: I assume you have too much money? Nah, playoffs' a different animal. Cleveland are much more experienced than Boston and it will show.

And don't even bring the useless raptors up in the discussion.

Depends if the Cavs do anything significant before the trade deadline. Boston/Cavs went 5 last year and the Celtics are better and Cleveland are worse. The Celtics are so quick and the Cavs are so slow especially on defense. Will be an interesting match up.
Hmmm, looks like I'm in the minority here. We'll see.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Memphis are so close in their games all the time. Lost by just 4 today to Indiana while playing a lineup of Harrison, Selden, Brooks, Martin and Gasol.

Meanwhile Celtics are annihilating Knicks and Cavs defeated Heat in one of the worst games of season.
I sooo wanted the Heat to win this one, JJ..... :mad:

Sarni

:eek: I assume you have too much money? Nah, playoffs' a different animal. Cleveland are much more experienced than Boston and it will show.

And don't even bring the useless raptors up in the discussion.

Hmmm, looks like I'm in the minority here. We'll see.
If Boston had Hayward they would be nailed on favourites for me. Without him, they are good/great but Cavs could beat them.

The vast difference in the quality of coach is important for me. Stevens is on another planet compared to Lue.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
If Boston had Hayward they would be nailed on favourites for me. Without him, they are good/great but Cavs could beat them.

The vast difference in the quality of coach is important for me. Stevens is on another planet compared to Lue.
Oh yeah I forgot they lost Hayward, really unlucky for them. We'll see.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I am not really sure the Cavaliers will reach the finals this season. I always hear the Celtics don't have the same experience, or the Raptors are useless, but this is the worst Cavs of the last seasons, not to mention having Lue on the bench or Donald Trump probably the results would be the same.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Can some team just trade for Tyreke Evans already? I need to pick him up for my fantasy team.

Sarni

Can some team just trade for Tyreke Evans already? I need to pick him up for my fantasy team.
You won't have to wait more than 2 days.

76ers IMO. Celtics if they can match salaries (Yabusele?).

Sarni

What the hell is happening in Utah? Ever since that shocking loss at Atlanta they've been balling out of their minds. With Pelicans dropping down like a stone and Clippers intending to trade Lou and Jordan, they are a good bet to make the playoffs.

Won in both Detroit and Toronto, annihilated Warriors and Suns, beat Spurs on back-to-back and now crashed Pelicans. Wow.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
"Trade him for some cracker jacks and candied apples" "Chris Paul rode Isaiah Thomas like a scooter in Mexico" :lol::lol::lol: Shannon defo dislikes Isaiah Thomas

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
"Trade him for some cracker jacks and candied apples" "Chris Paul rode Isaiah Thomas like a scooter in Mexico" :lol::lol::lol: Shannon defo dislikes Isaiah Thomas

Skip Bayless (9.05): Since Xmas LeBron James has the second worst player plus/minus in the NBA. Wow!

Jagga7

:lol: Cavs gave up about a 20 point lead and are going to lose to Orlando. They look complete garbage with Love.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Warriors really struggling at the moment. It's been a bad 4/5 games.

ArseHat

Porzingis out for the year with a torn ACL. Injuries hitting key players hard this season.

Cavs look toast and IT sure talks a lot for someone who’s done fck all this season. But they still have Lebron, so cant count them out completely just yet, even though it’s like his mind is more focused on which team to join next season.

ZDwyr

Man, really disappointed for Kristaps. Injuries suck so much. LeBron's all-star team is cursed. As are his regular team, that capitulation was embarrassing.

Sarni

First trade of trade deadline is done. Hernangomez to Charlotte for two second round picks and a young player who will never play.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
First trade of trade deadline is done. Hernangomez to Charlotte for two second round picks and a young player who will never play.
Right after a spot on the team finally opened for him. Zero logic behind this. Not even a 1st rounder.

Sarni

Right after a spot on the team finally opened for him. Zero logic behind this. Not even a 1st rounder.
Well if you don't let somebody play for almost all season, don't expect a big return for him. The way they've handled Hernangomez is very baffling, he had a good season last year and it looked like he was ready to make a step up but instead they've buried him behind Kanter, O'Quinn and even Noah this season.

It's a very good deal for Hornets. They want to go younger but have a huge task of finding someone to take Batum, Howard and MKG from them.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It's a very good deal for Hornets. They want to go younger but have a huge task of finding someone to take Batum, Howard and MKG from them.
Package with Kemba is the only way. They could ship one of Batum and Howard with him to the Cavs. The trick would be to avoid getting JR and/or Thompson.

Last edited: