NBA 2019-2020

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That's pretty impressive, 5 minutes in down by 2, end of quarter down by 29.

mav_9me

I guess it was defense optional in Rockets vs wizards. How do Rockets score 159 and only win by 1 against the wizards?

ZDwyr

Houston will need to pick-up some capable defenders or they'll go down to the Clippers and (maybe/probably) Utah/Lakers in the playoffs.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What will probably get ignored in all this is that Phoenix were actually 83-54 up on Warriors at the time Curry went down. This is second time in a week they got absolutely humiliated by a team that will likely not even make the playoffs. They were set to fail to make the playoffs even before Curry's injury. This injury probably changes them from a 35-38 win team to a 22-25 win team. IMO without Curry, personnel wise they are the worst team in the league on par with Charlotte and Cleveland. Beyond awful.

Moby

Dick
What will probably get ignored in all this is that Phoenix were actually 83-54 up on Warriors at the time Curry went down. This is second time in a week they got absolutely humiliated by a team that will likely not even make the playoffs. They were set to fail to make the playoffs even before Curry's injury. This injury probably changes them from a 35-38 win team to a 22-25 win team. IMO without Curry, personnel wise they are the worst team in the league on par with Charlotte and Cleveland. Beyond awful.
They were even in the game barring that horrible 5 minutes in the first quarter where Suns went on a 29-1 run. That's absolutely horrible and that was some of the worst defense I've ever seen.

stepic

Warriors will wind up with a top 3 pick next year to add to their returning stars, just watch.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So do the Warriors have their pick for next year or they traded it?
The pick has been traded to the Nets but is protected 1-20. So under the current circumstances it's virtually certain to be theirs.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Told you the Russell trade was dumb. They lost Iguodala and all their flexibility with it.

Sarni

Told you the Russell trade was dumb. They lost Iguodala and all their flexibility with it.
They will use Russell as a trade bait though, it was the correct decision. Having cap flexibility was never an option with Draymond and Klay extending so they would have been looking at mid-level exception players at best. Iguodala is not a regular season player anymore.

It was basically either give up Durant for nothing or get an All-Star with decent trade value in return, and get a trade exception for trading Iguodala (which can be a big piece next year). It’s fine. Where it may have hurt them is hard cap which will prevent them from making any significant roster changes until next year.

Sarni

They were even in the game barring that horrible 5 minutes in the first quarter where Suns went on a 29-1 run. That's absolutely horrible and that was some of the worst defense I've ever seen.
Well if it wasn't for that 29-1 run, they may not have been even either. When you are up by 30 you don't really need to try as hard.

Phoenix are really impressive this season. I was baffled by their offseason moves but there seems to have been some plan in that. Lots of good players, nobody really stands out as top class aside from Booker (who doesn't suck as much on defense this year) but Rubio, Saric, Oubre, Baynes are all competent players who can give you quality minutes. I like what I'm seeing from Carter and Kaminsky this season as well. Bridges has good potential too. Not convinced by Cameron Johnson but he will have a very concrete although limited role it seems.

They are my go to 2K20 MyLeague team now. Pure fun to play.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Warriors gonna do a Spurs and get the next Duncan. Light years.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
For the fans it's horrible since this is now essentially a season lost but for the organization it more than likely means that Klay will not play this year, Steph will not be rushed back, Draymond will get the chance to rest the aches and pains which have been piling up since early last season, the kids will get a chance to gain some valuable experience and more than likely they'll have a top draft pick for 2021. They also have a valuable trade piece in Russell if they decide to use it.

Sarni

Warriors gonna do a Spurs and get the next Duncan. Light years.
Fortunately there doesn't seem to be next Duncan in this draft. If they did that last year and got Zion I would be livid. All top prospects for 2020 don't seem nearly as promising though you never know before college season starts.

Sarni

For the fans it's horrible since this is now essentially a season lost but for the organization it more than likely means that Klay will not play this year, Steph will not be rushed back, Draymond will get the chance to rest the aches and pains which have been piling up since early last season, the kids will get a chance to gain some valuable experience and more than likely they'll have a top draft pick for 2021. They also have a valuable trade piece in Russell if they decide to use it.
I don't really believe in the kids Warriors have though. Poole, Paschall, Evans are all just meh. The whole team is basically a bunch of G-League players. I can't wait for the games where they rest Draymond, I'm going to lump so much money on minus 15 and more handicaps. :lol:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I don't really believe in the kids Warriors have though. Poole, Paschall, Evans are all just meh. The whole team is basically a bunch of G-League players. I can't wait for the games where they rest Draymond, I'm going to lump so much money on minus 15 and more handicaps. :lol:
Sad to say I agree with you about the kids for the most part, but this season will at least give the organization a chance to evaluate them. There may be a diamond in the rough - who knows? Supposedly they have real high hopes for Smailagic.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I’m terribly sorry. Do you need blankets and hot cocoa to ease your eternal pain?
It gets worse if you think about it.

Football: SportingCP
NBA: Knicks
NFL: Giants

You would think I enjoy pain with all of my teams.

Sarni

Sad to say I agree with you about the kids for the most part, but this season will at least give the organization a chance to evaluate them. There may be a diamond in the rough - who knows? Supposedly they have real high hopes for Smailagic.
Smai is interesting as they basically buried him in Santa Cruz Warriors last year but then had to draft him this year and Pelicans fleeced him for an additional pick. Can’t say I’ve seen him much.