6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpWithRivers

Beyond me how people think he has had a good game. Maybe you are comparing him to Mctominay. But he's several levels below a top midfield enforcer.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is amazing defensively today, especially 1 one 1 situations, but I don't think he's been great on the ball at all.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Unlike most, I still don't think he's had a bad game for us in my opinion. He can't cover the entire midfield on his own like he's had to do on occasion. Love watching him play.

MuranoLover

If it was not him , they would have had at least 5-6 more dangerous attacks , great game

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's much more like it!

Dunno where this Matic has been for the last few months, but he suddenly turned into the Matic of the first few weeks.

Hopefully it wasn't just because it was against Chelsea, he needs to do that again week after week.

Fair play, I've been critical but he was very good.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Excellent performance in the second half, he was everywhere - his intensity increased too.
Would’ve been my MotM but for RedRom

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He was an absolute rock in that second half. Exactly what we needed.

Santos J

Good defensively in the 1st but was poor on the ball, was a machine in the 2nd half though.

rpitchfo

Really baffles me how people can play so badly then turn it around after half time. That's the matic we need week in week out!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What a performance. Not sure how he was bad in 1st...? Was nicking everything off Willian today and gave him no space at all. This is Matic we've missed for ages.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Just so people have not realized, when Matic has someone next to him helping out the defence he performs like this. He was amazing for the first 10 or so games because Pogba was really up for it and was playing really well off the ball. But then, Pogba got injured and has not been able to recapture that form.

McTominay was basically a mini-Matic, when Matic would leave his space McTominay would cover him. When Matic would sit, McTominay would press. He was sharing the responsibility like a proper midfield partnership.

What a performance. Not sure how he was bad in 1st...? Was nicking everything off Willian today and gave him no space at all. This is Matic we've missed for ages.
Had the most passes on the pitch, around 89% accuracy. Won/intercepted the ball more than anyone.

And I checked at HT, his stats were pretty much 50% of the above. Just shows what a second half "win" can do to fans perceptions of performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.