Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I've been waiting for that all season. :drool:

Giggs86

Nemanja you beautiful bastard.

If we could clone him and had two of those in midfield we'd be unstoppable.

Lyrical Einstein

All in all it was a poor midfield performance from all our mids, Matic included. But his contribution with that goal is sure wipes his slate clean. 7/10 today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashley R1+O

Hah, what a way to score your first goal for the club. World-ee. Chuffed for him and I thought he played a lot better, some much smarter play under pressure and was bringing the ball out and making things happen in the second half.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was unlucky not to score few mins before when Benteke cleared off the line. It looked like Benteke had no idea and the ball just hit his leg.

criticalanalysis

I know a lot of us have been saying he's been poor but imo he's been at a good level all things considered.

He plays the deepest and literally has to take the ball off our defenders' feet from the edge of our box. He then has to dictate the tempo, shield the defence, try to playmake with an inconsistent Pogba in a midfield two and be expected to close down space.

He's a very classy player. Too bad we have such an inconsistent team.

Acole9

Outstanding
Wow what a goal, he doesn't score many but when he does, they're pearlers. I remember that goal he scored for Chelsea vs Spurs in the FA Cup, that was an absolute belter as well.

In terms of goal of the season, I think this is second, I think the Valencia one vs Everton was amazing but for the moment this one was scored in was special.

SoCross

Have a thing for midfielders like him, probably my favourite player in the squad now. Such a great transfer, perfect Carrick replacement.

Devil may care

It's become very clear that he's not got the legs for the single pivot role in 4-3-3, but play another CM square of him in a double pivot and he's still a good player.

Walters_19_MuFc

He must absolute love playing next to McTominay and vice versa. The both work in tandem fantastically well. Today was how a double pivot in a 4231.

Jaybomb

He is brilliant next to McTominay.

With those two in midfield, we can afford to have a CAM like Mata or ideally Pogba. If it’s Herrera or Pogba beside Matic, all of a sudden everyone has to do the dirty work. I want to see Mata relieved off his defensive duties and just have a free roam like he had at Chelsea.

automaticflare

I love matic but every game at least once he just completely stops when he has the ball and lets the opposition take it off him and stands there looking confused.

WTF is up with that?? :confused::houllier::lol:

eat_grass

Played fantastic in the first half, but was clearly gassed in the second. Good thing he had a pair of young, eager legs in McTominay right next to him otherwise the game could have easily slipped away.

Paradoxically, since he's generally so assured on the ball, when he does turn it over the entire team is out of position and gets exposed to counter-attacks -- they're all too busy queuing up for a sleek through-ball or intelligent cross. And when he's tired he stops participating in the offense, which causes his teammates to slow their attack and the offense gets bogged down. All because the team's flow is so dependent on him. Crazy.

He's clearly rubbing off on McTominay, though, which is freaking awesome. I thought McTominay played like a prime-form Matic at times.

iKeano

Great performance yesterday. He's been looking a bit tired of late but he was great.

Verbalkint

He was a bit overshadowed by McTominay today but had a solid game as well. These two will be our backbone for the years to come and I’m delighted with that:devil:
Great news in that case :) I'm so happy for the kid, no better man to learn from than Matic !!

Man Utd 1:2 Sevilla

Devil may care

He was ok, but Fellaini deserted him too often and he showed once again that he cannot cover that DM role all on his own, he's not Casemiro or Fernandinho, taking McTominay away from him made no sense as Sevilla have a technically good midfield and we needed to get on them, instead they had acres to play in as Matic was left hanging by his partner.

Classical Mechanic

He was ok, but Fellaini deserted him too often and he showed once again that he cannot cover that DM role all on his own, he's not Casemiro or Fernandinho, taking McTominay away from him made no sense as Sevilla have a technically good midfield and we needed to get on them, instead they had acres to play in as Matic was left hanging by his partner.
The set up was very poor tactically. Fellani occupying a more advanced role on the right made no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.