Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Already said it few weeks ago, i am maybe one of the worst when it comes to having a go at Matic but lets be real, him being picked isnt his fault, he is not twisting manager`s arm to be in first XI. There could be plenty of reason of him being in current shape.

Man Utd 0:0 Crystal Palace

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Can't pass, can't defend, slow & lazy to drop back. People were questioning Smalling's passing ability and want him to be replaced by a new ball playing centre back, I think our main priority should be getting a deeplying playmaker first.

tippex

so fecking lazy in the last few minutes he was in acres of space for a darmian throw but didn't bother his hole to move towards the ball need to be gone.

Bwuk

Can't pass, can't defend, slow & lazy to drop back. People were questioning Smalling's passing ability and want him to be replaced by a new ball playing centre back, I think our main priority should be getting a deeplying playmaker first.
The two of them need replaced ASAP.

Really struggling to see what Matic is meant to add to this side.

Bobski

Defensive liability when the game is stretched and offers little other than slow circulation of the ball with the team in possession. What is he offering? It is not leadership or drive.

el3mel

What does he need to do to get dropped I don't understand. Terrible everywhere on the pitch.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Coming for my obligatory post-match post to say he’s really shit. Nothing else to add after all this. The fact that Jose can’t see it shows how poor his judgement has become.

good lord, we've finally found someone who plays even slower than fellaini. absolutely abysmal this guy has been apart from his first 6 months at this club
Neither did Carrick, but Carrick was always looking for the quick pass between the lines. Matic take some 5-6 touches and then places a slow pass to Shaw. He’s not even putting any zip on his passes, everything looks Labour Ed.
The smug look on his face pissed me off so much. He’s so fecking shit, how the feck he even takes the pitch after how terrible he is is a mystery to me. Does the man have no professional pride?
Never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather have Fellaini as the holding player than this geriatric fraud
He’s the embodiment of Jose on the pitch: slow, unambitious and past-it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The two of them need replaced ASAP.

Really struggling to see what Matic is meant to add to this side.
Smalling knows how to defend, Matic on the pitch is like playing with 10 men.

Devil may care

Undroppable it seems, no matter how poorly he plays, just so sluggish in everything he does right now.

Ludens the Red

Why doesn't he tackle people? Can someone explain? When players run at him he doesn't try and tackle them, it's really really weird. he sort of jogs with them then gives up.
Anyway, one of Mourinhos mates who will ultimately get him the sack.

Romez

Wasted £40m on this dude when Jorginho was available.

Jorginho isn’t 6ft+, actually has great passing range and composure though.

Mailo

Titanic reincarnated. Takes the same amount to stop, steer away and accelerate again and that's without the ball.

Skills

Snitch
One of our worst signings? £40m for 4 months, and then another year and a half of completely sabotaging our midfield.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think Mourinho feeds him and Lukaku a bag of cement before each game.

Meep

Why is he still playing matches? So slow, so off, so little of what he is there for.

Arka_BleedingRed

Wasted £40m on this dude when Jorginho was available.

Jorginho isn’t 6ft+, actually has great passing range and composure though.
Jorginho, if he had come, would be what Fred and Pereira under Jose is. Sat on the bench or out of the XI.

JK-27

Matic needs dropping. Slow to track back, and in the last 4 mins of the game is still passing the ball backwards :mad:

Foxbatt

It would not have matter at all if he didn't play. Surely even Jones or Fred would have been better than this?

LingiBW

You just have to wonder what it does to the morale of other players when he keeps playing even though he's bad.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You just have to wonder what it does to the morale of other players when he keeps playing even though he's bad.
It defeats the idea of earning playing time by performing well. An incompetent and underperforming player gets rewarded over and over, he has no worries to be benched or worse. It's incredible really

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Pereira plays one shite game and gets dropped for an eternity. Matic plays shite every single game and keeps starting afterwards.

Way to show the players they are getting picked on form.

Andersons Dietician

At this point the reason he is getting picked over Herrera, Fred or Pereira has to just be his height, there can’t be any other reason, because he has been poor since the back end of last season but now he is verging on awful. That 1 pass to Martial is probably the best thing he has done since he scored that goal last season.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
I genuinely think that if Matic was player-manager, he would give himself way less minutes than he is getting right now. It is starting to get really weird. What is Mourinho watching?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mourinho has nailed his colours to this mast. Lukaku and Matic will get him the sack.

PepsiCola

Reading the first page of this thread is funny

"Top 6 DMs in the world"

He was piss poor at times last season and no one saw it.

fecking atrocious signing.

Fluctuation0161

He needs a rest. At best it is poor man management again from Jose. Running players into the ground, just like with Zlatan, Lukaku, Bailly...I could go on.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He needs a rest. At best it is poor man management again from Jose. Running players into the ground, just like with Zlatan, Lukaku, Bailly...I could go on.
I agree. I'm still a fan, but playing him straight after coming back from the world cup and injury was madness. Especially when we have Herrera and Pereira.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No, he's just shit.
The truth is that we don't know.

He may just be a terrible player now, or it may be because he has spent the last 18 months playing every single minute of every single game that he is fit for, and then when he is injured he instantly comes back in to play every minute without even looking like getting a rest.

The only way to find out is to rotate him as needed and see if he could get his act together, but Mourinho refuses to do it.

Gomes

The same people who are accusing Mourinho of playing favourites and abusing others are the same posters who are constantly actually doing it.
Pogba and Martial were awful today. Not really a word about them, every time Lukaku lost a ball there was 5 posts in the match thread.
Or in other words: "What clowns and a joke our 'supporter' base has become".

Ashley R1+O

Looks beaten mentally, a yard off the pace. Saw some moments where he worked for the team but ultimately there are no consequences for him if we lose. He's not a red, he clearly doesn't care if you look at his performances and he won't be dropped. Just one of those things where he somehow made his way into a position of senior responsibility and has every avenue to hide in when the going gets tough.

RedStarUnited

The same people who are accusing Mourinho of playing favourites and abusing others are the same posters who are constantly actually doing it.
Pogba and Martial were awful today. Not really a word about them, every time Lukaku lost a ball there was 5 posts in the match thread.
Or in other words: "What clowns and a joke our 'supporter' base has become".
Pogba and Martial have had plenty of good games this season, and they came back from injury.

Thats what buys them some time. Matic and Lukaku are just awful all year (2018) long.

Status
Not open for further replies.