Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

He is just so calm with the ball. Brilliant performance. He has to play more, especially in big games. At this rate he will become the most important player for Ole.

kidbob

Excellent today. Think a performance like that really highlights the type of player we need to be going after in the next couple of windows, especially if Pogba stays. Think Matic is still good to have for another couple of years if managed right. Was brilliant before the break for covid too.

0le

He has a very good game. Positioned himself well, made good passes and even a some good runs. One of the best players on the pitch because he did very little wrong.

The Purley King

Best performance in a red shirt.
Calm, composed and bossed it.
Granted not the toughest opposition but he should be hugely proud of that effort, gave us the foundation to move forward with confidence.
More of that please Nemanja!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Looks really good. If we use hi well he's got a good few years in him yet. He was mobile and assured with his passing. It was an easy game in general or least we made it look easy but was very pleased with him. He's looking like the player he was when he first came to the club.

RkkMan

He`s by far our most important midfielder. He has to start every PL game and important Europa League/FA Cup game from here on.

el3mel

Best performance in a red shirt.
Calm, composed and bossed it.
Granted not the toughest opposition but he should be hugely proud of that effort, gave us the foundation to move forward with confidence.
More of that please Nemanja!
He had many amazing performances in his first season here. Had many amazing performances as well after Ole got the job, and even before the football break this season, I remember he was great in many matches whenever he played as well.

In fact I think he was only really poor for us during first half of last season.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Hopefully we can manage his game time better than we did Carrick's in the 31-34 years range so that he isn't completely spent for his last couple.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Called it at the start of the season that he will be a good player for us this season

Andersons Dietician

He was pretty imperious today. Even dancing away from some people at times but he just kinda made the game look effortless.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
These are the sort of games where he can still be useful with zero pressure on him. Other than that, I maintain that he is finished.
Yea, ignore what’s actually happening on the pitch why don’t you in order to not lose an internet argument.

Was brilliant again today. From the first Wolves game I was calling for him to be brought into the team this season because he keeps the ball so well. He should be first choice to me.

Hulme91

Flawless
Can be a key player for us for a few years yet if we manage him well

edcunited1878

He had hernia surgery towards the end of last year when everything went to complete shit and then was injured for quite awhile during the beginning of this season, when United had such a poor spell.

But he's such a good player and very important one for the central midfield. He like anyone else has to be monitored and partnered with the right player, but he's definitely shown that he can play with Fred or Pogba, but 100% not McTominay.

Pick and choose his opponents he starts against and comes up off the bench to shore up the team and give them composure.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yea, ignore what’s actually happening on the pitch why don’t you in order to not lose an internet argument.

Was brilliant again today. From the first Wolves game I was calling for him to be brought into the team this season because he keeps the ball so well. He should be first choice to me.
I don't care about an internet argument. I've criticized Rashford and look what's happening now, he's one of our top players. I'm calling it how it his. I am not ignoring what happened on the pitch -- he was brilliant. I just find the comments about him turning a leaf or being back to form odd.

We would make a massive mistake not to upgrade on or let go of Matic at the start of the 20/21 season and I stand by that. In these sort of games, he's great (with teams sitting back) but he will absolutely crumble against a threatening side.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Played really decently today, I think it’s just about managing his minutes at this point for him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's at an age where you can't ask him to play three games in 7 days. Otherwise he is still quite solid if given adequate recovery time.

We would make a massive mistake not to upgrade on or let go of Matic at the start of the 20/21 season and I stand by that. In these sort of games, he's great (with teams sitting back) but he will absolutely crumble against a threatening side.
Like who exactly?

Man City away 29th Jan? Chelsea away 17th Feb? Man City home 5th March?

Which are these threatening sides he'd crumble against @shamans?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Such an elegant, classy player. You don't get many DMs as elegant.

I love that people are finally seeing what he brings to the team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Some people on here forget that players' performances can improve again once you manage their game time. Matic can't play 3 times a week anymore, sure. His level drops and he just can't stay at a high level consistently playing 90 minutes every game. Manage his game time, rest him, rotate him etc and he's our best holding midfielder again and it's 100% a situation that we can keep going for next season. It's how Fergie kept Scholes and Giggs performing at a high level for ages. You need to rotate them, but he is our best option there when fresh.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Like who exactly?

Man City away 29th Jan? Chelsea away 17th Feb? Man City home 5th March?

Which are these threatening sides he'd crumble against @shamans?
What about Manchester City at home in January? 0-3 first half without Matic, 1-0 second half with him, and then the second leg was 1-0 to us with him too.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He's a class act and proves it time and time again. If anything this performance shows what we missed against Spurs, just greater composure. I'd actually go as far to say that if he started against Spurs we would probably have won.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't care about an internet argument. I've criticized Rashford and look what's happening now, he's one of our top players. I'm calling it how it his. I am not ignoring what happened on the pitch -- he was brilliant. I just find the comments about him turning a leaf or being back to form odd.

Did you want Scholes and Giggs to retire the second they couldn't keep up their level if they played 3 times a week? Matic is older now and can't play every single game at the same level anymore, but if you keep him fresh and rotate them, then he's still a fantastic player as he's shown since he came back from injury this season.

Prodigal7

The caf has an unhealthy obsession with pace and other physical attributes. Quality is always the most important thing and he's far and away our best holding midfielder.
Fitness depending he needs to start every game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Today, and the game before, and the game before and the game before. He’s been playing well, but you ‘don’t care, he’s still finished’.

And you can say we should get a new DM, that is fine, but he’s been putting in performance after performance, so he’s clearly not finished. Like, just watch him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Aside from Martial he was our MOTM. Did not put a foot wrong.

I’d completely written him off but he’s proven me wrong.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Today, and the game before, and the game before and the game before. He’s been playing well, but you ‘don’t care, he’s still finished’.

And you can say we should get a new DM, that is fine, but he’s been putting in performance after performance, so he’s clearly not finished. Like, just watch him.
If we go with Matic into next season, we will regret it. If not he will be playing at his level you can count on that. I am not hating on him, he's been a great servant for the club but he can't do it at a higher intensity. Ole is managing him well now giving him less game time and that has helped.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Great game. I thought he’d get brought off to save his legs though, I wondered where the stats are on distance covered and how he compares with Bruno or Pog. Is that available?

Status
Not open for further replies.