New Fantasy Draft

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Also, nobody went for diego costa of atletico

Danish Voice

Quite a few players I had in mind wasn't picked.

Sevilla's Medel and Griezmann of Soeciedad were two of the names on my list together with a handful of the players already mentioned.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
So after round 1, can partipants take a player from their defeated opponent?

Valentino

Mata - Regular for the World and European champions, the star of the 3rd place La Liga side.

oh come on, making false comments aint cool :D

Cal?

CR7 fan
This being the bloke who's not been in the squad in 4 of the last 5 Spain games?

Cheap.
Corrected... but Brwned, can you delete your post from the other thread?

Thx Brwned

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Perroti overlooked for Capel is surprising when Capel is essientially his backup in the Sevilla lineup.
My thinking behind this was that the draft was done on the basis of what the player has achieved to this date. Before injury Capel was first choice and has achieved a lot more than Perroti has in his career so far. Obviously if this was done in a year or twos time Perroti may be in there

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Final XI

-----------------------Ospina-----------------------

Azpilicueta-----Carrico---Boateng------Pieters

--------------Martinez-----Luiz Gustavo----------

Willian-----------------------------------------Nasri

-----------Balotelli-------Abel Hernandez---------

Manager: Mighty Boosh
Assistant Manager: The Taurean

Very pleased with final team, plenty of experience and a nicely balanced line-up. Any opinions are welcome
Could possibly be better as a 4231?

Nasri prefers being central, Willian prefers being one of a floating three (rather than a winger), Hernandez prefers being a lone striker and Balotelli's best form up until this point has been drifting in off the left wing?

Don't really know much about Martinez though so it might be too restrictive for him.

K Stand Knut

Deliberate runs (straight lines) and natural drifting (separated lines), or something. And Walker going inside was because it's a trademark atypical run of his, to go inside the winger (like Evra).

Simple version:

Where are people getting these tactic screens from? I'd like one for myself

Mighty Boosh

Could possibly be better as a 4231?

Nasri prefers being central, Willian prefers being one of a floating three (rather than a winger), Hernandez prefers being a lone striker and Balotelli's best form up until this point has been drifting in off the left wing?

Don't really know much about Martinez though so it might be too restrictive for him.
Interesting idea and one I hadn't really considered. I drafted Abel Hernandez as I didn't think Balotelli could be effective as a lone striker but playing him out on the left is a possibility. I may change the formation depending on the opposition, if I need some width to expose weak full backs I'll go with my original formation but a 4-2-3-1 like you described could be effective in certain situations. Here's the 4-2-3-1 with Willian having more of a free role and cutting in from the right with Nasri as the central playmaker. I'd be confident of Martinez and Luiz Gustavo providing enough defensive cover as they are both very physical and strong tacklers.

[

arjwiz

Unpicked guys -

Vela, Tafer, Ruben Rochina, Clement Chantome, Lukman Haruna, Effren Juarez, Galeano!, Lodeiro, Weiss, Ayew, Bocaly

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
My thinking behind this was that the draft was done on the basis of what the player has achieved to this date. Before injury Capel was first choice and has achieved a lot more than Perroti has in his career so far. Obviously if this was done in a year or twos time Perroti may be in there
Perroti has been first choice since last season though. Capel's a bigger name though.

K Stand Knut

Think we're all done now in be completed thread now.

Let the games begin.

Also, am I right, or can I suggest, that we have a bit if spiel from the manager of each team only stating their tactics for that particular game? I appreciate the completed thread gives info on the line-ups and planned tactics but for each game i think it'd be good for the managers to say where they think they will get he advantage on the pitch for that particular game.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I think we're all done with out completed teams, so everyone feel free to send me your Rd 1 tactics and I'll ask Dr to set up the poll for match 1 later tonight. You can always update your tactics on the actually match threads...

So, GingerPrince11 & phelan shorts, hopefully you get your tactics in in the next few hours, I'll be up till the end of the CL game. Everyone else, get your tactics thru at your own pace...

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
impressed at how quickly this one got sorted after the fiasco of the last 2 !

Cal?

CR7 fan
Since Dr is offline and phelans shorts still hasn't submitted his tactics to me, I guess we can wait till later today for match 1.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Got it.

Also guys, I couldn't send a big long PM to Dr for the polls, I've included your teams (picture) and tactics and provided a link to the "completed teams" thread.

If you want to talk up your players, it's up to everyone to do it yourselves in the match polls!!

Hopefully Dr will have the first one up soon.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So match 1 is up and running, if you want a tactics included in the opening paragraph, please make sure you get it to me in good time. Cling Bak, Desert Eagle, you have roughly 24 hours. The rest have a bit longer...

Valentino

Gibson is the new iniesta - go team walrus
no Gibson is new messi after today.

I got it al worked ages ago. Bale became Messi, Gibson became Bale, and bolloteli became Gibson.

Now it all chnaged as Gibson is Messi, all other had to change too. Its confusing.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So we have the result of match 1 by the tightest of margins, match 2 will be up soon.

Anyway, reminder: those of you who don't send in tactics will only have your team formation in the opening paragraph.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Match 2 results updated, Cling, please let me know whom you're picking to replace whom on your team.

Valentino

can we do trades? can we lets say get ozil and benzema for pato and hamsik?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Match 4 is nearly upon us...the clash of the titans! The El Classico of Fantasy Draft!

Valentino

Walrus your team will loose just as bad as DE and Minkaro in previous two games.

No offence dude but as a manager you suck at fanatsy football. maybe you should concentrate on the other games.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Walrus your team will loose just as bad as DE and Minkaro in previous two games.

No offence dude but as a manager you suck at fanatsy football. maybe you should concentrate on the other games.
I am sure if I had you as an AM I would do much better.

That or everyone would deliberately vote against me to shut you up for the rest of it.

Minkaro

I am sure if I had you as an AM I would do much better.

That or everyone would deliberately vote against me to shut you up for the rest of it.
To be honest, I'd be tempted to vote against myself with him as AM.

Interesting fact: My actual AM was my pet labrador.