New Kits 23/24

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah it’s not often I will say I don’t like a kit before I’ve seen us play a few matches in it but that is a monstrosity. I’m getting strong early 00s Arsenal away kit vibes.

RedSinha

Did we wear the Zebra kit more than the Green/Black away kit last year? Feels like we did. Is that a rare instance where a team has worn their third kit more than their second?

Pronewbie

Peep
Did we wear the Zebra kit more than the Green/Black away kit last year? Feels like we did. Is that a rare instance where a team has worn their third kit more than their second?
We did because of the rules pertaining to kits (dark vs light coloured). Also one of the reasons why I bought it. Just a pity that we didn't win a trophy with it, that would have possibly elevated the kit amongst the next generation of fans.

decorativeed

pascell

I'd really like it if the logo was completely yellow as well, the red doesn't fit the colour scheme at all here.
I agree, I like it but the red stands out too much. If the Adidas 3 stripes and Team Viewer arrow logo were both red, it'd fit in better. But the prominent colours are too dark to carry the red.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Our worst Adidas kit so far, that's a training shirt.
Nope. Pink kit was gash. Weird gold giraffe top was awful. Dazzle camo, say no more.

The home it is too plain, the away kit didn’t live up to the prototypes and mock ups.Quite like the third, think it might be my fave. I’m pleased its more black than blue, it’s the only kit that has come out better than the mock-up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Third kit is easily the worst. Why is it also blue? Should’ve gone for black or something.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Nope. Pink kit was gash. Weird gold giraffe top was awful. Dazzle camo, say no more.

The home it is too plain, the away kit didn’t live up to the prototypes and mock ups.Quite like the third, think it might be my fave. I’m pleased its more black than blue, it’s the only kit that has come out better than the mock-up.
The pink was a beaut, the home shirt is plain but it's lovely and I think the away kit this season is wonderful it's the first United shirt I've had since 15/16.

Our kits always seem to be hit and miss for me.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The third kit reminds me of a kit we had about 25 or so years ago. I had it as a kid, it was black and blue and had a weird pattern on it. I can't remember exactly what it was like but I loved it.

kirk buttercup

The third kit reminds me of a kit we had about 25 or so years ago. I had it as a kid, it was black and blue and had a weird pattern on it. I can't remember exactly what it was like but I loved it.
It had the United Crest in Black shading and was blue. I had it too , loved it

diarm

This one?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Third kit is easily the worst. Why is it also blue? Should’ve gone for black or something.
I don't mind the blue, but that bright yellow belongs in a Chelsea kit.

Arsenal's kit is terrible. They don't even look like Arsenal. Have Ajax bought them over or something?

Nick7

I generally like our blue and black kits.

But yeah, the yellow makes the new one look much worse.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I got our blue away kit today at the game, fecking love it :drool:

decorativeed

Just received the new home shirt in long sleeve version (a freebie - the Glazers didn't get a penny from me). It's easily the cheapest-feeling, lowest quality kit that I've had my hands on in recent years. Feels like something from the late 70s, and you'd expect to have cost nearer to £20 than £70.

I do like the design of the player version, but they have obviously gone for a maximum profits approach to the replica.

Macedonian Red

Off topic but i dont know where to ask... From where to buy Cantona home kit from 1992/93 season?

decorativeed

Off topic but i dont know where to ask... From where to buy Cantona home kit from 1992/93 season?
Ebay. I was having a look on there today as it happens, and they look to be going for well over £100 each now.

I remember picking them up for less than £20 a piece 10-15 years ago, as I'd buy them, add names and numbers and sell them on for nearer to £50. Those days are well and truly gone!

makcikkaulawa

btw, that Newcastle home jersey it said that if you saw the number 4 you couldn't un-see it.

I can't see the number 4.. anyone can help?

padzilla

Hipster
Just received the new home shirt in long sleeve version (a freebie - the Glazers didn't get a penny from me). It's easily the cheapest-feeling, lowest quality kit that I've had my hands on in recent years. Feels like something from the late 70s, and you'd expect to have cost nearer to £20 than £70.

I do like the design of the player version, but they have obviously gone for a maximum profits approach to the replica.
There is a definite decrease in quality of the replica shirts in recent years, no doubt to drive up demand for the "elite" kits which are about 100 quid. It's a pretty cynical move but then what do we expect from modern football clubs?