g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Next Arsenal Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Arteta would impose the positional game.
Would like to see whether he's Pep 2.0 or Bosz 2.0

The Purley King

I was listening to Gary Neville's podcast last night and he thinks Arsenal should go all out for Simeone. He brought up some good points about Arsenal needing to find a manager who can punch above his weight if they want to win the title again and there's nobody better than Simeone at doing that. We all know Arsenal can't compete with United, City and Chelsea in the transfer market. I agree with him, Simeone doesn't play the 'Arsenal way' but he gets results and would make Arsenal a serious team again. Simeone would get rid of all the mentally weak players at Arsenal and bringing in tough players. It could be the culture change Arsenal need.
Simeone plays exactly the way that Arsenal used to before Wenger arrived. I don't think they'll get him though.
I think it may all hinge on them winning the EL, much easier to get a heavyweight in with CL to look forward to.

If the £50m figure is true they could struggle pretty badly, worse than this year maybe. Wouldn't be too concerned about the age of their front line yet - they probably have 3-4 years left together, but further back, Cech is well past it, Koscielny is injured all the time, Mertesacker retiring, Chambers and Holding average at best, Monreal is 32, Bellerin has regressed badly, leaving Mustafi and Kolasinac. Mustafi seems to be pretty error prone and bully-able as well.
Arguments could be made for an entirely new back 4 and you don't get that for £50m.
I haven't even started on the midfield yet either.......

Adisa

They could be selling Ramsey, Mustafi, Welbeck, Bellerin, Wilshire, Chambers etc
That's a lot of money in fees and wages. Post sales, new manager could easily have £150m to play with.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
They would be better served if they appointed Leonardo Jardim. He's used to sucesive squad rebuilding over his stint at Monaco and could solve some problems in short term.

The ideal would be Allegri: his experience in winning titles is the best the market has to offer.

Or they could paly it safe and hire Ancelotti.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Their fan polls show they want Allegri or Jardim, they really should go for a manager able to punch above his squads weight if they're going to continue to be frugal with transfers. Nagelsmann would be another interesting choice.

Adisa

Their fan polls show they want Allegri or Jardim, they really should go for a manager able to punch above his squads weight if they're going to continue to be frugal with transfers. Nagelsmann would be another interesting choice.
Don't know much about him but remember the way he approached the game at Anfield. As if he had never seen them play.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Jardim is that kind of manager. His club basically sells 3 or 4 star players almost every season adn they don't spend that much on the transfer market.

Nikelesh Reddy

I seriously hope they mess up this transition.The league is so ultra competitive right now,the last thing we need is a strong Arsenal.I want them to slide into mid table obscurity for the foreseeable future..

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The best choice would be Sarri. His Napoli side don't look WC on the paper, but they play so fecking well so it's all down to him. Jardim would be good as well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Heard Ancelotti wanted the job and met with them but turned it down because they're too skint, tried to low-ball him on his wages

Member 5225

I seriously hope they mess up this transition.The league is so ultra competitive right now,the last thing we need is a strong Arsenal.I want them to slide into mid table obscurity for the foreseeable future..
Yep this!

ti vu

They could be selling Ramsey, Mustafi, Welbeck, Bellerin, Wilshire, Chambers etc
That's a lot of money in fees and wages. Post sales, new manager could easily have £150m to play with.
The thing is it's WC year and 150mil when you look at high profile players, you can't get many. To coordinate selling and buying so that you're not at disadvantage at negotiation table is not simple. Showing all your cards too soon, the selling club would drag thing out demand the most the money and you may end up coughing up more than you're willing to spend.

Also IIRC, Wilshere is free agent come summer. Ramsey with 1 year in contract so unless a sucker doing a Ox deal, it's unlikely for them to get good fee.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

It has to be Sarri or Jardim, everyone else is pretty much the wrong choice. They could take the gamble with junior coaches like Arteta but that would be really risky stuff. Simeone or Allegri would be great, especially the former but they must have bigger fish to fry surely. Why would Allegri leave Juve for Arsenal?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Also IIRC, Wilshere is free agent come summer. Ramsey with 1 year in contract so unless a sucker doing a Ox deal, it's unlikely for them to get good fee.
Wilshire and carzola this summer

Ramsey, welbeck, Monreal, Chech, opsina next summer

That's actually quite a lot of money in either payrises or replacements

Will they chuck money at a new manager?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Not been following Arsenal stories too closely, but is this for real?

If Arteta becomes Arsenal manager, you're done.
There is something going on in the media. Luis Enrique is our first choice though. Don't like him either.

Sarri
Jardim
Ancelotti

for me.

Infra-red

If I was in Arsenal's position, I'd focus on the short-term goals of steadying the ship and getting back into the top 4, and would therefore be prioritising the experience and proven ability of Allegri, Sarri, Ancelotti or Jardim.

In three or four years time, when they're in a position of strength, they can then be bold and risky and appoint Arteta, Viera etc.

Of course as a United fan, I'll be hoping Henry gets the job.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If I was in Arsenal's position, I'd focus on the short-term goals of steadying the ship and getting back into the top 4, and would therefore be prioritising the experience and proven ability of Allegri, Sarri, Ancelotti or Jardim.

In three or four years time, when they're in a position of strength, they can then be bold and risky and appoint Arteta, Viera etc.

Of course as a United fan, I'll be hoping Henry gets the job.
Henry would be brilliant, though I'd prefer Wenger to do a U-turn (like SAF did, when he cancelled his retirement). Or even better, Moyes should be available to Arsenal, should they require his service. :p

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Henry would be brilliant, though I'd prefer Wenger to do a U-turn (like SAF did, when he cancelled his retirement). Or even better, Moyes should be available to Arsenal, should they require his service. :p
I guess based on Arsene's comments yesterday he isn't in a position to make the u-turn.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Pay attention to the (new) manager!"

Jacko21

Emery is now available..

He's used to doing well in the Europa League and being at a club that like to think they're bigger than they actually are.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Give it to Lord Bendtner.

Nah, seriously. Heard that Adebayor just got his coaching badge.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Only Arsenal could appoint all these new sporting directors behind the scenes for post Wenger era.....and then their main targets don't want to work for them.:lol:

I can honestly see them getting a b list or inexperience coach, something behind the scenes just dosen't feel right there.

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
If i were to select the next managerial option for arsenal, it would be carlo ancelotti. I think wenger might have discussed about his departure with the board much before he actually disclosed it. If that is the case then the potential next manager might have been already identified.

montpelier

''Thanks for coming, who can you get in to play at CB for us?''

(Benitez to shore things up)

(Arteta, Howe, Vieira if they've gone mad)

Their fanbase still has delusions of grandeur**, I don't think they're gonna be super-patient with the new man.

** they think 3/4 of the team is world class & of immediate title contending quality (bit like some of us, you could say, :D)

el3mel

They should try to get Jardim. Best manager for them at their current state imo.

Only Arsenal could appoint all these new sporting directors behind the scenes for post Wenger era.....and then their main targets don't want to work for them.:lol:

I can honestly see them getting a b list or inexperience coach, something behind the scenes just dosen't feel right there.
I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get Eddie Howe.

Aurell

Supports
Football
Allegri ?:(
I definitely don't think he will be a good option.

- First he starts by being too defensive, coward so the team has difficulties to attack. During the games, he is waiting too much time to make the offensive subs when they are needed.
- Then, he leans on a big and mentally strong defense, more than Simeone. When Chiellini and Barzagli are bad or face direct attacks, they conceded a lot of chances. The defensive players are like more important than the tactics. So he probably needs to change all the defensive front apart Kolasinac
- Plus, i don't get the "he punches above his squad weight". It's probably the case in 2015 when they eliminated Real and did a great match against Barca but since, he has lost against any better side he met: Bayern in 2016, Real in 2017 and Real again in 2018.
- Finally with his mentality: "i create a defensive plan and let the creatives be creative" he won't improve the offensive side, the lack of movements... and would need some big players, again. For a long term, no need to dream about a transformation into a offensive team because he is stubborn

Anyway, nothing sounds like a start of a good idea
Ancelotti is interesting to manage big teams - not the case of Arsenal and win cups, not to compet for a top 4 of the league
Enrique ? Far from being sure.
Sarri is the opposite of Allegri. Too obstinate with his football pf position. It is beautiful but nothing more.
The others are inexperienced

Tuchel and Low would have been such perfect. Well there is still Jardim

SirAF

Ageist
Considering it’s a WC year they should appoint their new manager ASAP so he can hit the ground running. I’d be terrified if I was supporting Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.