14. Chesterlestreet
  15. Jayvin
  16. Isotope

Standby/AM list

1) @Isotope
2) @MJJ

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There are people who claim Yoko is a great singer.

I'm not one of them.

This is - as the kids say - epic, though.

The return of anto and Skizzo vs Pat in one and the same draft.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Sure? I don't mind sitting this out as it is your big comeback ^^
Sure. No big comeback, the plan always was to renew the ban after this Americas draft was over.

Got hooked there as it looks fun. The format isn't the best for me (you can't really plan all that much as it is random pot luck) but in a way that should take away the need to spend ages working out alternative pick sequences.

Thing is, I'm expecting for late October but twins typically arrive early, so it's unlikely I'll see it through and I'm rather enjoying the process anyway (costly as it is to have to buy 2x everything :mad:).

MJJ

Sure. No big comeback, the plan always was to renew the ban after this Americas draft was over.

Got hooked there as it looks fun. The format isn't the best for me (you can't really plan all that much as it is random pot luck) but in a way that should take away the need to spend ages working out alternative pick sequences.

Thing is, I'm expecting for late October but twins typically arrive early, so it's unlikely I'll see it through and I'm rather enjoying the process anyway (costly as it is to have to buy 2x everything :mad:).
Lol, you are actually lucky. I would love to have twins one day, cuteness overload.

Oh I hope you actually stay, can always request a ban from the football forum if the drafts occupy that much of your time.

antohan

Lol, you are actually lucky. I would love to have twins one day, cuteness overload.

Oh I hope you actually stay, can always request a ban from the football forum if the drafts occupy that much of your time.
That's an interesting one, asking for a Football Forum ban on a football forum :lol:

antohan

The transfer forum is all you need.
Oh God no! I visited as a guest a few times last Summer as the news here weren't exactly focused on Pogba. Suffice to say I concluded it was better to go with the old school way of opening the paper one day and finding out it was done.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Instead of renewing your ban, you could ask to become a 'New Member' with a cap of 5 posts per day if I understand well the new newbie system ?

Congrats.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Aye - congrats!

And I hope you can find a way to remain on board, even if it's in a less active role. It's been brilliant having you back for the SAM draft.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
There are extensions on chrome that don't allow you to spend too many time on a web-site iirc

Bad news about the renewal, hope you'll change your mind about that, you won't have as much time on your hands anyway (I doubt that you'll be tempted to prioritize caf over kids without the ban anyway)

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
There are extensions on chrome that don't allow you to spend too many time on a web-site iirc

Bad news about the renewal, hope you'll change your mind about that, you won't have as much time on your hands anyway (I doubt that you'll be tempted to prioritize caf over kids without the ban anyway)
I (more precisely the wife) had twins last year. The Caf brought sanity.

You need the Caf @antohan

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
@Edgar Allan Pillow

Looking at the Monopoly map great job! This looks very fun and quite different than the Americas draft. My question though is for Meltdown and Substitute do those apply to the group stage + knock-out round or just the single final match? I have seen phrases like "World Cup finals" used to describe the entire group stage + knockouts but also used just to describe the final match itself.

@antohan @Physiocrat

Congrats! Take lots of pictures! As a father of teenagers I can say that lots of pictures of cute babies helps when they are not cute anymore ;)

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
@Edgar Allan Pillow

Looking at the Monopoly map great job! This looks very fun and quite different than the Americas draft. My question though is for Meltdown and Substitute do those apply to the group stage + knock-out round or just the single final match? I have seen phrases like "World Cup finals" used to describe the entire group stage + knockouts but also used just to describe the final match itself.

@antohan @Physiocrat

Congrats! Take lots of pictures! As a father of teenagers I can say that lots of pictures of cute babies helps when they are not cute anymore ;)
'Finals' are usually used for the whole tournament with 'final' being just the final game

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
@Edgar Allan Pillow planning to start with the shortlists so have few questions before i start :)

3. Its a current ranking but can we pick from an all-time pool or also just current players?
18. Finals as the final tournament or a proper final?
19. Please name the countries so there is no confusion.
20. Same as 18

PS: sorry if the questions are stupid :(

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Criteria Guidance:

Box 01:
1st Turn: STARTING BONUS - Free player pick | Subsequent turns: COMRADE - Must have played with #1 pick

- START - No restrictions. Free player pick.
- If you land in this box for 2nd time, COMRADE - Must have played at least 1 International game with Player 1 in the National Team. No Friendlies. If played for more than 1 country, comrades from any or the National teams can be picked.
- If you land in the box again, then you need stick to the same NT picked during your 2nd landing.
- NOTE: The COMRADE NT link stays put even if drop your 1st pick due to Box 13.​

Box 02: FAN-TASTIC - Has played for Man Utd

- At least 1 competitive game in FA Cup, Premier League/First Division, Champions League/European Cup. No other cups/tournaments will be valid.​

Box 03: RANK TANK - From a team ranked > 25 in current UEFA rankings

- Link: http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/ .
- Players from Teams 1-25 (both inclusive) cannot be picked. Current (2016-17 season) roster only.​

Box 04: DUTCH FLAIR - Currently plays in Dutch League

- Erdivisie only.​

Box 05: JUST MISS - Played in WC final match but has never won it

- Just the single last "final" match. Must have had playing time in the match (either as a started or a sub-in)
- Should never have won the WC in his career.​

Box 06: CAP-TAIN - Has between 80-100 caps for NT

- Has to be in a single NT. Cannot combine if player has played multiple teams.​

Box 07: CONMEBOL - Born in the region

- Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONMEBOL
- Must be born in AND played for a NT in the region.​

Box 08: THIRD d'OR - Placed 3rd in Balon d'Or vote

Box 09: EUROPA - Has won UEFA European Championship

Box 10: MOU's MAN - Pick a player who has played at least 5 games under Jose Mourinho

Box 11: EFFICIENT - Currently plays in Bundesliga

Box 12: TRANSFEREE - Changed clubs in 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 transfer windows

- No loans. Must be full transfers.​

Box 13: BEWARE THE 13th - BLOCK! Drop a player from your team

- Must drop a picked player.
- If you land here on 1st turn, you lost your 1st pick (but this does not affect the COMRADE criteria should you land on Box 1 again)​

Box 14: TRAVELLER - Has played in at least 3 different countries

- Senior career only.
- No loans.​

Box 15: CAP-LESS - Has less than 30 caps for National Team

- If played for multiple NT's then total of all must be less than 30 caps.
- Includes all caps (friendlies et al)​

Box 16: SAWKER TIME - Who has played in USA

Box 17: MILLINEALS - Born in the 90s

- Born from 1st Jan 1990 till 31st Dec 1999 (both dates inclusive)​

Box 18: SUBSTITUTE - Who was subbed in (non-starter) during a World Cup finals

- Just the single last "final" match.​

Box 19: EASTERN EUROPE - Born in a Eastern European Country

- Link: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-third-redcafe-sheep-draft.411575/page-3#post-18400505 (Ignore the other requirments and just refer to geographical definition)​

Box 20: MELTDOWN - Who has a red card in WC / CL finals

- Finals for this criteria includes all post qualification matches i.e. all Group and Knockout matches.

Box 21: GALACTICO-NOT - Has played less than 30 games for Real Madrid

Box 22: PEP's PICKS - Has played for 5 games under Pep Guardiola

Box 23: ONE CLUB MAN - Has played for one club all his career

Box 24: PREMIER PLAYER - Current non-United player from Premier League

- Just the single last "final" match.​

Some other stuff I'll add to the OP:

- Due to Box 13, it is possible that some teams end up with less players than others. Once the initial 14 rounds is complete, the drafting will continue just for the teams (in same order) with less players so that all teams end this round with 14 players. This rule doesn't apply in reinforcements which is strictly 2 rounds only. If you end up in Box 13, hard luck.

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Edgar Allan Pillow

Pat mentioned it in the Americas draft thread. Would you be up for trailing the match clock in this draft? As it's more of a fun one so if it doesn't work, weeks worth of research won't be burnt up.

Marty1968

Confirmed players till now:
  1. Aldo
  2. Tuppet
  3. Joga/mazhar13
  4. antohan
  5. Raees
  6. P-Nut
  7. Onenil
  8. Skizzo
  9. harms
  10. Pat_Mustard
  11. crappy
  12. RedTiger/Sjor Bepo
  13. Enigma_87
  14. Chesterlestreet
  15. Jayvin
  16. Isotope

Standby/AM list

1) @Isotope
2) @MJJ
Happy to add myself to the AM list if anyone needs some assistance...