Next Next Chelsea Manager? | Ah sh*t here we go again | Premier League and McDonald's Hall of Famer Lampard in charge (temporarily?)

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
with Lukaku back to Chelsea next summer, does it make Conte a good choice for the time being? A short term fix to steady the ship?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s very likely going to be Nagelsmann, especially with his connection to Christopher Vivell. It seems like an obvious choice for Boehly.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It’s very likely going to be Nagelsmann, especially with his connection to Christopher Vivell. It seems like an obvious choice for Boehly.
The question is if this is the right job for a very young and talented coach to manage a team that is in chaos, or better suited for an respected and experienced coach to steady the ship and turn it around. Tough decision for the board for sure.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The question is if this is the right job for a very young and talented coach to manage a team that is in chaos, or better suited for an respected and experienced coach to steady the ship and turn it around. Tough decision for the board for sure.
Looking at the fixtures we're unlikely to have that big a bounce anyway so may aswell either get someone in to effectively treat this period like a pre season (barring a miracle UCL run) or just let Bruno have it until May.

redcucumber

Think Luis Enrique would be a better choice, can see Nagelsmann flopping.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
He's still under contract, what a wonderful occasion to cash in on him big time, negating our losses, and likely turn a profit. Assuming Nagglesman is dumb enough board this ship right now, which I'm not sure of. If things go south there, this could be the Titanic for his career.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Conte with no champions league could be a decent prospect for Chelsea. But I think he's a lost something since his first stint.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's still under contract, what a wonderful occasion to cash in on him big time, negating our losses, and likely turn a profit. Assuming Nagglesman is dumb enough board this ship right now, which I'm not sure of. If things go south there, this could be the Titanic for his career.
If it does go south, all he has to do when he interviews with Liverpool in 18 months time is just say ‘Brazzo and Boehly’ and they’ll understand ;)

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's still under contract, what a wonderful occasion to cash in on him big time, negating our losses, and likely turn a profit.
Maybe but what is rare in a situation like this is we've got someone under contract that you/Tuchel badly want, so you don't hold all the cards.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Conte with no champions league could be a decent prospect for Chelsea. But I think he's a lost something since his first stint.
He hasn't lost his entertainment value, though. Unhinged Conte, that trainwreck of a randomly assembled squad, Boehly. Sounds fun, if you ask me.

TheReligion

Abusive
Is it 20-25m you will receive?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Think Luis Enrique would be a better choice, can see Nagelsmann flopping.
Neither of those fill me with joy. Enrique is overrated and Nagelsmann is perhaps too young for such a difficult job. We need someone tough, just as much as United needed someone tough and we’re lucky to find in ETH. Problem is these tough managers only work for some long before they wreck all the hood they do.

Anyway Fat Sam as interim for the relegation fight..

TheReligion

Abusive
Neither of those fill me with joy. Enrique is overrated and Nagelsmann is perhaps too young for such a difficult job. We need someone tough, just as much as United needed someone tough and we’re lucky to find in ETH. Problem is these tough managers only work for some long before they wreck all the hood they do.

Anyway Fat Sam as interim for the relegation fight..
Are you going down the interim route? What’s been suggested so far?

I’ve no idea who could come and do a job temporarily tbh and you still have CL football to consider.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Is it 20-25m you will receive?
That's what *we* paid for him. But he's still got nearly 3 years on his contract, is very young, and supposedly coveted by a lot of clubs, so...

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s a bit of a tricky one for Chelsea and I can only assume with the timing they are going to go for Nagelsmann.

There’s a strong chance they won’t have CL football next season and don’t see Zidane or Enrique accepting that.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
who is that?
Anthony Barry, Tuchel openly stated he wants him on his coaching staff and we've told him to stay away until it's sorted one way or another.

Abraxas

They should go for Nagelsmann or Poch I reckon.

If you look at the job, it's not about winning a league title next year. Chelsea have fundamentally changed from a team that should always challenge to one where it's about a process. That's what happens when you buy unfinished products. It's a job where the main criteria is improving, motivating and getting an array of young talent that they've spunked money on working within a team structure. So that's why I'd go for these two that are closer to that generation, or have a history of doing exactly this.

It doesn't necessarily require a Jose or Conte to come in and play the disciplinarian, or cause friction at the club because they haven't got their own way. It's obvious that whatever you think of Boehly, you are going to need someone diplomatic that can be flexible. He's the boss, end of story really.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
He's still under contract, what a wonderful occasion to cash in on him big time, negating our losses, and likely turn a profit.
Do you really think anyone is going to pay you €20-25M for a manager you've already replaced? That's not how it works.

Bayern should consider themselves lucky if someone is willing to take Nagelsmann off their salary bill this quickly in the first place and aren't really in a position to play hard ball over his release. The alternative is they'll get told to feck off and continue being on the hook for Nagelsmann's no doubt sizeable salary for another three years despite him not even being employed by the club anymore.

Maybe there'll be a compensation when Nagelsmann is released from his contract and takes up another job but it sure as feck isn't going to be even close to what you paid to Leipzig for him, which was in fact a world record fee for a manager.

TheReligion

Abusive
Do you really think anyone is going to pay you €20-25M for a manager you've already replaced? That's not how it works.

Bayern should consider themselves lucky if someone is willing to take Nagelsmann off their salary bill this quickly in the first place and aren't really in a position to play hard ball over his release. The alternative is they'll get told to feck off and continue being on the hook for Nagelsmann's no doubt sizeable salary for another three years despite him not even being employed by the club anymore.

Maybe there'll be a compensation when Nagelsmann is released from his contract and takes up another job but it sure as feck isn't going to be even close to what you paid to Leipzig for him, which was in fact a world record fee for a manager.
Yeah it looks like it’s true. They are entitled to quite big money

mu4c_20le

:lol: maybe when Roman and Marina were in charge. Now you are just a regular club.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Whoever it is has an impossible task. Getting all of these new signings to gel together into a proper team without losing several games. In a new system to what they've just been trying to get to grips with under Potter. It's back to square one, and it's never been a tougher job. Joke club.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Whoever it is has an impossible task. Getting all of these new signings to gel together into a proper team without losing several games. In a new system to what they've just been trying to get to grips with under Potter. It's back to square one, and it's never been a tougher job. Joke club.
For the manager's reputation it is better to wait till summer to officially start the job, so that the manager will have the time from now till summer to access the squad. If one comes in and lose couple games right away it will be extremely difficult.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
For the manager's reputation it is better to wait till summer to officially start the job, so that the manager will have the time from now till summer to access the squad. If one comes in and lose couple games right away it will be extremely difficult.
Sure will. It's just ridiculous the expectations that are set with so many new players.

Abraxas

Not even close to an impossible task in the short term. Let's define what the task actually is. Or rather, what can it possibly be at this stage of the season. I'd suggest: compete with respectability against Real Madrid, and improve league form. That's it. Improve league form from midtable to better than midtable, with a squad that cost a king's ransom and is full of talented individuals.

It's actually a pretty comfy gig right now. Work with 100s of millions worth of talent and all you need to do is improve on midtable performances. It's not that complicated, it's the essence of being a football manager right now. Cajole the talent you have, find a system that works, improve results on the training pitch.

I think where it's more difficult is long term planning because we don't know if the structure at Chelsea will learn from some of the errors they've undoubtedly made. I'm sure a new manager would want to know more about the project and vision moving forward, and what the line of command is. Getting Chelsea back to a title is a massive task. Not impossible though.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
There is literally only one candidate who ticks every box and would confirm Chelsea as being a serious club - that'd be Luis Enrique. He is so far and away the best option given tactical nous, availability, profile, seriousness, experience, etc.

I'm not trying to be overly dramatic here but this feels like a genuine fork in the road moment for Chelsea - if it's not Enrique then our status as a big club is under threat and we are in danger of falling into the Spurs bracket.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Are you going down the interim route? What’s been suggested so far?

I’ve no idea who could come and do a job temporarily tbh and you still have CL football to consider.
Honestly I have no idea. Boehly’s plane has been in Germany so it’s pointing to Bagelman. But I’m underwhelmed with all the options and as I have said months ago I’m checked out this season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There is literally only one candidate who ticks every box and would confirm Chelsea as being a serious club - that'd be Luis Enrique. He is so far and away the best option given tactical nous, availability, profile, seriousness, experience, etc.

I'm not trying to be overly dramatic here but this feels like a genuine fork in the road moment for Chelsea - if it's not Enrique then our status as a big club is under threat and we are in danger of falling into the Spurs bracket.
Looks like you might get your wish.

I don’t have a preference between Nagelsmann and Enrique to be honest, or even De Zerbi just for the bants :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Honestly I have no idea. Boehly’s plane has been in Germany so it’s pointing to Bagelman. But I’m underwhelmed with all the options and as I have said months ago I’m checked out this season.
I know the feeling from a United perspective. Chin up.

I feel as though you’d be far better not rushing things (I did say the Potter move seemed rushed at the time although some of your brethren argued I was wrong).

Get an interim, write the season off and do a proper process that yields the best candidate in the summer. Full pre season and go again.