Neymar | 2015/2016

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Neymar has been a better player an Rooney for nearly two years. Any suggestion otherwise is madness.
Nevermind that, he is also a better player than Rooney has ever been.

Lots of points allocated for longevity here.

Cait Sith

Maybe far fetched, but I think he has surpassed Ronaldo as the 2nd best player in the world. He has really stepped up since Messi's been injured.

He's clearly a level about Hazard/Bale/Reus etc.
Not far fetched. Overall he's been better and more desicive for the entire year. It just takes a while for people to accept when it comes to such established and popular names.

And that's just "surface stats". Neymar obviously does more in the buildup via dribbling (39 vs. 15 successful take-ons this season), creativity (31 vs. 15 key passes) and also defensively (10 vs. 3 successful tackles).

Wonderful player. I was a bit sceptical about his overall game but that was clearly tactical. Without Messi on the pitch he can also do a lot more than getting into scoring positions.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I remember early in his first season with Barça & Messi was injured. He often drifted into the false 9 position of Leo and was orchestrating attacks in a similar manner. I remember thinking, OK this is going to be where he eventually plays for the team when Messi eventually plays in midfield

As great as he already is, the future is even brighter

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Jesus - How does Suarez hit as many as Ronaldo when he is playing third fiddle to Neymar and Messi?

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
N
Jesus - How does Suarez hit as many as Ronaldo when he is playing third fiddle to Neymar and Messi?
ot really playing third fiddle. He is playing the exact same game he did for Liverpool. Just so happens his game is very unselfish and can accommodate better talents in Neymar and Messi. He also gets great service from both. In fact, all three of them really match up well with each other and offer so much for each other. Its quite incredible really.

Ananke

Just a shame he has such an awful national side right now, he pretty much carries what he can for them. Would have loved to see him in a 98' squad.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
N
ot really playing third fiddle. He is playing the exact same game he did for Liverpool. Just so happens his game is very unselfish and can accommodate better talents in Neymar and Messi. He also gets great service from both. In fact, all three of them really match up well with each other and offer so much for each other. Its quite incredible really.
Might seem an exaggeration but I can't recall an attacking trident of this quality with this level of harmony & friendship. Doesn't seem to be the least bit of tension between them

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Doesn't play third fiddle thats why. He's the leading striker with Messi and Neymar flanking him, so he gets service from two of the best players in the world. I actually think Suarez has gone up a level since joining Barcelona. They're all bloody brilliant to watch.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
The 43 figure is goals + assists, Ronaldo is ahead on goals but Suarez is 3rd choice penalty taker. He gave up a hat trick to give Neymar the spot kick against Las Palmas.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Doesn't play third fiddle thats why. He's the leading striker with Messi and Neymar flanking him, so he gets service from two of the best players in the world. I actually think Suarez has gone up a level since joining Barcelona. They're all bloody brilliant to watch.
Can't remember a club side having three attackers this good. All have valid claims of being in the top 3-5 in world football.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Which Neymar missed. :lol:
Yep. Similar thing happened against Córdoba last season when Neymar was fouled in the area at 0-6. Threw the ball to Messi who was on a hat trick. Messi gave it him straight back because he and Suarez were both on a brace and Neymar hadn't scored and had missed a sitter. He did convert that one.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Absolutely agree and frankly one of the reasons why I believe Neymar has improved himself - Suarez also lifts the play of others

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Holy shit.. thats the winner of the puskas award right there

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
La Liga: 10 apps, 11 goals / 3 assists
CL: 4 apps, 2 goals / 3 assists

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Beautiful goal,worth the price of the ticket.I am envious :(

Deleted member 78215

Can we call Neymar 3rd best player in the world at this point?
I called it months ago. And was called Too Biased (grrrrr).

Anyway, that's my claim to fame. Good night and god bless.