Neymar | 2015/2016

Moonred

Inane debate. Enjoy the goal. There are a lot of good football to enjoy in every league without fecking getting into the same stupid discussion everytime.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Can we call Neymar 3rd best player in the world at this point?
Second best IMO. I definitely feel that last season and this so far he has been second only to Messi.

krazyrobus

i'm curious as to why people say he is better than Ronaldo, Is it the more all round game thats making him better? I don't watch La Liga enough

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
i'm curious as to why people say he is better than Ronaldo, Is it the more all round game thats making him better? I don't watch La Liga enough
This season he has been playing at a similar level to Messi last year. Creating and scoring with ease. Last season he was more of a scorer and really was effective at it whilst offering more then Ronaldo in the build up play.

He has really stepped it up this season though.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, although he's been scoring in more games than Cristiano this season now too.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Ronaldo bar his goals adds nothing to the team play, doesnt create chances nor space, loses the ball but he just gets on the end of chances and scores. Now Neymar is scoring at a similar or even better rate than Ronaldo, creating chances, creating space, getting involved and thats why he's currently better imo. But for how long, Ronaldo is outrageously consistent and Neymar might get a downfall.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Not far fetched. Overall he's been better and more desicive for the entire year. It just takes a while for people to accept when it comes to such established and popular names.

And that's just "surface stats". Neymar obviously does more in the buildup via dribbling (39 vs. 15 successful take-ons this season), creativity (31 vs. 15 key passes) and also defensively (10 vs. 3 successful tackles).

Wonderful player. I was a bit sceptical about his overall game but that was clearly tactical. Without Messi on the pitch he can also do a lot more than getting into scoring positions.

I must say, watching that video, you can really see that he has taken a lot from Messi in terms of passing and playmaking. Those diagonal over the top through balls are great to watch.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If I was picking a team now, I'd have him ahead of Ronaldo and I'm a massive Ronaldo fan.

Treble

I highly doubt that to be honest.
There was a debate on here only 2 months ago. Not only Chelsea fans but also some United fans were of the opinion that Hazard's the better player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There was a debate on here only 2 months ago. Not only Chelsea fans but also some United fans were of the opinion that Hazard's the better player.
True, I remember that. Is there anyone who still believes Hazard is better though? That'd be ridicilous. :lol:

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Looking in unbelievable form, without Messi he has really stepped up this season. Some questioned whether his form last season was down to Messi but he is putting that myth to rest!

Some people think that Hazard is better...
That one has been put to bed a while back!

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
One of my favorite footballers in the world, happy to see him succeed since I defend him back when he made his move to Barca and plenty of people claimed he'd be the next Brazilian talent to fail in Europe.

Cait Sith

Hazard is also a great player but I feel he lacks the mentality. What strikes me about Neymar -- and I've noticed it again today -- is that he sometimes starts a game playing below his level but then manages to fight himself into the match and raise his level in the 2nd half. Happened against Celta Vigo this season and happened again today. Once he got mad about the ref handing out cards to Barca players at the beginning of the second half he was bursting into life, created the best chance of the game a few minutes later with a lofted ball to Alves and then went on to score the opener. Absolutely great mentality to have. He's not a fair weather football as his Justin Bieber image with the haircuts and all that might suggest.

cyberman

If United are serious about becoming this all conquering global force then United has to be the club Neymar joins if and when he leaves Barcelona.
The cost should be secondary here.

Jerch

If United are serious about becoming this all conquering global force then United has to be the club Neymar joins if and when he leaves Barcelona.
I think Woody think the same but it will be hard to lure him away from Barca.

RooneyLegend

I must say, watching that video, you can really see that he has taken a lot from Messi in terms of passing and playmaking. Those diagonal over the top through balls are great to watch.
He's been doing that since his latter days at Santos where he was clearly taking on more responsibility as the quality of the team was on the decline with Ganso's injury issues.

RooneyLegend

How much would you put the price ceiling at to bring him in?

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Made us forget about Messi for a while, second best player in the world if you ask me. We're so lucky to not only have him, but for him to be such a perfect teammate that's willing to learn and set others up for goals. One can laugh at his past reputation of being a selfish street player that dives.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Going from overrated youtube star to potential Ballon d'or winner is quite an achievement. Only 23 and already 203 goals in his career thus far :houllier:
Yeah, he was definitely massacred by many on here as being just another Brazilian teenager named the next Pele because be can showboat in the brazilian league... now all of us are drooling at the prospect of him gracing us with his presence for 200 million.

The best talents have the last laugh.

cyberman

How much would you put the price ceiling at to bring him in?
I don't know about capping the negotiations but the starting point would be Bales record.
It would depend if Neymar sees United as the next step in becoming a bigger star in The Premier League dominated markets and being the sole face of such a global brand. Something he wouldn't get with Messi at Barca. Barca and United would just need to get to a figure both could live with.
Otherwise if Neymar is open to leaving to the highest bidder then god knows what it would take.
There's more to this than the transfer fee, it's the commercial avenues it would open up in Brazil and South America which are basically a closed shop to the top Spanish duo.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Good decision that board planning to increase his release clause to same as Messi.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Really? The only way to become a global force again would be to buy Neymar? Come on...

cyberman

Really? The only way to become a global force again would be to buy Neymar? Come on...
To contend with Barca and be on their level, I fully believe that.
Barca themselves wouldn't be who they are right now if they didn't spend nearly 200 euros on Suarez and Neymar themselves.
United are in a unique position to sign these stars. A Barca player who wanted to leave couldn't join Madrid, Bayern wouldn't break the bank because they don't have to and PSG are hampered by the league they play in.
The most realistic league they would go to would be England. We have to position ourselves to be the club they look to above all others.
Having the best player in the world makes it easier to attract other top players

Womp

idiot
Unbelievable skill. Something you'd attempt in Fifa, he makes it look so easy.

Womp

idiot
:lol:

To be fair, Neymar is surprising just about everyone, I always knew he'd have a very good career, had a feeling he wouldn't flop like some other South Americans, but didn't think he'd be so impressive at such a young age already, it's crazy how much he's improving.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
But Neymar was different compared to other YouTube footballers though. His videos had many millions of views and there was always much more hype around him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been arguing for a while on here that he is better than Ronaldo, and I stick by that. Don't care if Ronnie gets a few more tap ins and pens, Neymar is a joy to watch in addition to being very productive. Second best in the world for me.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That goal was literally breathtaking. Coming from an asthmatic though, I'm not sure how much that means...