Neymar | 2015/2016

Skills

Snitch
Hope he does a Kobe and forces one of himself or Messi out to become the best in the world.

Eddy_JukeZ

If he ever wants to leave Barcelona, we need to do everything to get him. Break the bank. He'd rip the Prem apart.

He's incredible. Definitely think he's better than Ronaldo now. His ability to go the extra gear in games is truly special.

Sam

Remember when people thought Bale was better? :lol:

JackXX

He has always had the skill but also the mindset & presence on the pitch of a leader. It's clearer to see in international games but we have also seen it since Messi has been out. He can take the responsibility and lead the team. I think it is only a matter of time before he becomes the worlds best player and he's not far away now. I do feel he is the type of player that could drive Brazil to winning a World Cup. If I could choose to have any player at United it would be Neymar.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Anyone with half a brain when viewing the youtube clips could see his abilities and there was never any doubt he would be a success. All the attributes were clearly visible and he was clearly a special talent. I do wonder if a lot of the doubters allowed their own personal bias to blind them as to his ability. Things like his haircuts etc were what some people focussed on and somehow they simply didnt see his long list of footballing abilities.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It's a lovely goal, but it's not that amazing. I mean, it's not some incredibly technical peice of blinding skill..he just kicks it up and turns around, innit? Bit of a scuffed shot, too.

I could do it.

gingerless

It's a lovely goal, but it's not that amazing. I mean, it's not some incredibly technical peice of blinding skill..he just kicks it up and turns around, innit? Bit of a scuffed shot, too.

I could do it.
I know right! I do that just about every game when I'm having a kick about with the lads down the park

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Generally, I perform at neymar levels in the park. Nothing special really. Only real difference is that I am keeping it real by turning down 'professional' contracts and not going commercial.

Neymar is not a real artiste.

krazyrobus

Generally, I perform at neymar levels in the park. Nothing special really. Only real difference is that I am keeping it real by turning down 'professional' contracts and not going commercial.

Neymar is not a real artiste.
Goddamn fancy dans, pass and move!

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

I could do it.
I'm looking at the time posted and assuming you've had a few too many red wines

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal

I could do it.
Incredibly difficult piece of skill that he's performed as if he was having a kickabout in the park. The shot was scuffed, agreed, takes away from it a bit. Can't underestimate the level of ability required for those first two touches though.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That goal reminded me of Zidane more than anything.

He's brilliant. The only player around capable of bettering Ronaldo's level.

MJJ

That goal reminded me of Zidane more than anything.

He's brilliant. The only player around capable of bettering Ronaldo's level.
Fat Ronaldo? In which case, I will disagree. Think he will be on par with cr7 at his peak easily though.

Trizy

I still think his goal scoring record would be half shit at United, every time I see a highlight of his goals it's from counter attacking or just fast attacks before the team can full set up whereas here he'd have to try run at 11 men behind the ball :lol:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I still think his goal scoring record would be half shit at United, every time I see a highlight of his goals it's from counter attacking or just fast attacks before the team can full set up whereas here he'd have to try run at 11 men behind the ball :lol:
He'd score less because United could not offer him the same service as Barca I reckon but not necessarily because of the PL.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona

The other four promising youngsters he mentioned before Neymar are Odegaard, Hazard, Depay and Pogba.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Don't think it's madness at all to call him the 2nd best player in the world right now. He has been better this season and is better right now without a doubt imo. If you not only look at stats (and even then if you look in how many games he scored) then Ronaldo's season hasn't been that impressive at all, especially his overall play is bang average these days imo and he is in a decline. He is still an ridiculous finisher, but he isn't the player anymore, who can easily go past players and create a lot too imo. That's why I can't really understand why people want to throw a world record fee at him in his age, especially with our problems to create chances I think he would be a very underwhelming signing in relation to his abilities (of course he would be still the best player in the league and improve us a level, no doubt about that.)

Neymar really impressed me, he is not only scoring for fun, but also has so much more to his game. He can create and even showed playmaking abilities and took over Messi's role a bit. He really is an outstanding talent and the player to beat after the Messi/Ronaldo era.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Barca have been facing teams who park the bus for far longer than United, whether it's in Spain or in the CL. There is just a big difference in how quickly they move the ball once they retrieve (thanks to their crazy pressing method) in order to exploit the spaces created. That and the fact that technically they're a much better team in terms of passing so they attempt more creative passing which opens up spaces.
If Utd move the ball quicker then really the chances and openings would increase so much but you need to very good ball playing and quick thinking players.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

I could do it.
Aye. It's very nice. But for all the hype I wouldn't put it on the same level as Bergkamp's against Newcastle, Ginola's for Newcastle or Gazza's against Scotland. Mainly because Neymar gets the ball in quite a bit of space, so the defender's playing catch-up from the start.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I'm not entirely sure why so many are surprised. He was 17/18 when he had that monsterous season for Santos, 6 years ago. Where on this planet in a countries top league does a 17 year old score 40+ goals? Fair enough, it's the Brazilian league, and some may not rate it like the PL or La Liga, but he was a kid scoring some sensational goals at an incredible rate.

I was actually very surprised that he hadn't moved to Europe immediately after that season.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Aye. It's very nice. But for all the hype I wouldn't put it on the same level as Bergkamp's against Newcastle, Ginola's for Newcastle or Gazza's against Scotland. Mainly because Neymar gets the ball in quite a bit of space, so the defender's playing catch-up from the start.
Yeah. It's basically a lesser version of Gazza vs Scotland, with a Kanchelskis twirl thrown in.

It's a lovely goal to watch, but it's not hard or particularly audacious.

Doesn't demean Neymar's talent or anything to say it either. Sure it was a pretty standard training ground one for him.

cyberman

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...best-player-in-the-world-says-guillem-balague

Neymar was fantastic against Villarreal. If you see him play he starts on the left and comes inside a lot to get involved with the ball and he has doubled the amount of touches of the ball, assists and goals he had in the same period with Lionel Messi in the side as without him.

In the absence of the injured Messi, Luis Enrique needed someone to step up and do at least some of the job that the he does for the team. But Neymar is a striker, while Messi is the more complete player. He can play as a midfielder or a striker and you have to say Barca are a better team with Messi in the side. However, you have to say Neymar has got the ability to challenge to be the No 1 player in the world.
When Messi comes back, and it's not certain he will be ready for the Clasico, Neymar will humbly move back to the wide areas and start running without the ball. He will run in behind the opposition defences to make Messi better. It's only logical because Messi is the best in the world.

However, the next question is how long can Neymar keep doing this when he knows he has the ability to become the best? That's why there has been contact with Manchester United and there will continue being so.

Barcelona want him to renew his contract this season but the Brazilian forward is not in a rush. That's partly down to the fact he has to decide if he wants to stay with Barcelona or if he wants to move to a club that will make a team for him.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I'm not entirely sure why so many are surprised. He was 17/18 when he had that monsterous season for Santos, 6 years ago. Where on this planet in a countries top league does a 17 year old score 40+ goals? Fair enough, it's the Brazilian league, and some may not rate it like the PL or La Liga, but he was a kid scoring some sensational goals at an incredible rate.

I was actually very surprised that he hadn't moved to Europe immediately after that season.
His best scoring record in Brazilian league is 17 goals. Not close to 40. But I agree with your general point though :p

Cina

His best scoring record in Brazilian league is 17 goals. Not close to 40. But I agree with your general point though :p
He scored 43 goals in 47 games overall that season, though. I assume he wasn't just on about the league.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Easily the second best player in the world right now imo. Ronaldo, Suarez and Lewandowski all competing for third. Could make a case for Suarez being number 2 as well.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
He scored 43 goals in 47 games overall that season, though. I assume he wasn't just on about the league.
a lot of these goals came in the state championship and our "FA cup", which you play terrible teams for 80% of the time.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He scored 42 in 60 back in 2010, and 43 in 47 a couple of years later, as a 17-18 and 19-20 year old, repsectively.