Neymar joins PSG on a five year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
So Barcelona gets a huge fecking fee for Neymar. They in turn take everyone left on Monaco who has talent (Mbappe, Fabinho, anyone else?) with the money. PSG spends a lot of cash to weaken their rival, gain a great player, hmmmmmm. But I suck and conspiracies, so their a huge holes in this logic of course.

The Purley King

He can get all of that with us.

Granted, the Manchester vs Paris argument if valid but we can offer him competitive wages, chance of glory and global recognition.

Also, wasn't the last Ballon D'Or winner not from La Liga Ronaldo with us? This could be used to persuade.
I'd be disappointed if we didn't throw our hat in the ring. Maybe we did, who knows.
If Psg have any intentions of remaining within ffp maybe 100m would persuade them about verrati?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Castles says the sums involved are beyond us.
I agree. People overestimate how much we can spend.
We're not going to throw 500m at a single player. No chance!
How is it not beyond PSG?

Moonred

The PSG rumours have been around for a while though. Barca can't really afford to pay Messi's wages to Neymar and he knows there are clubs who will, PSG aren't some Chinese club either. They're a good team. Huge money, plays with his mates from Brazil, competes for all big honours and finally becomes THE player for the team. Good package really.
To be fair if you had told me that Neymar is going to move this summer, PSG would have been one of my first guesses. Still I expected a lot more hoopla around the transfer. Assuming all of this is true of course.

A bit of holy feck moment in all honesty as much as whatever you mention is true.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Right, people will take that into consideration when ONE player is being bought for a price in which you could probably buy clubs!
That is not the point anyway.
That is the point. The two clubs arent fighting over the transfer fees. The whole point of these big release clauses is to deter clubs from bidding from your player. But if a club says feck it and they will just pay the release clause there isnt much you can do. Doesnt mean its similar to two clubs haggling over the transfer fees.

0161_UNITED

How is it not beyond PSG?
Because they are owned by a bloody country, basically. Not a business person, oligarch or company, basically owned by an oil producing country, like the light blue shite down Stockport way.

Utd7

We'll know if this is true or not by tomorrow. Barcelona are scheduled to leave for the US on their pre season tour Wednesday.

SammyUnited_83

Why are we not all over this.

Couldn't give two shits about the money, looks like he is getable and if we miss out to PSG then I will seriously question our transfer strategy.

Summit

It seems none of you lot got what I actually meant with my post. :lol:

How is it not beyond PSG was me saying that although they have all the money in the world, they still have to conform to FFP

Summit

What FFP? It was done away with after a few large bulging envelopes changed hands.
It hasn't been done away with though, otherwise why did Inter need to make X amount of millions the other week?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I love ffp, that rule really changed things!

The Purley King

CANNOT be net wages. Thats around 100m in wages alone per year. Has to 60m gross.
French taxation for higher earners is 80% or so?
That's why Monaco get away with what they do. If it really is one million a week net there must be some shady image rights deals involved......

0161_UNITED

No when someone says they earn $50,000 it doesnt mean they earn that net. It has to be gross.
Some other poster earlier showed how it would all add up to half a billion, I'm not that invested to be honest, except that if Castles reported something of this scale, maybe it's true and if so, that is bloody mind boggling.

dirtygringo

Winner of the 150 Posts in 11 Whole Years Award
if he was likely to emulate messi or ronaldo then this transfer could make sense but are people convinced he's got that much more to his game? he is undoubtedtly gifted but im not convinced there is much more to come.

and the flip side of stepping out of the shadow of messi is that all the attention that was directed at stopping him play (and suarez) now gets pointed directly at neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.