Neymar Jr | PSG | 2017/2018 performances

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
All this speculation since Ronaldo about who would be the first £100m transfer, and when it finally happens the fee goes straight to £200m :eek:

Predictions of the first £300m transfer? Bale to us next week? :nervous:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How much? And what is their wage structure?
The contract that he signed last month is supposed to be around 10m, that's less than Draxler, Matuidi and Di Maria. Di Maria is below Draxler in the pecking order and in competition with Lucas, Neymar will beat both. Krychowiak and Ben Arfa allegedly around 5m.

Now bear in mind that Ben Arfa and Krychowiak have been totally useless, Aurier has been replaced, Di Maria and Lucas are in and out of the team and Matuidi wants to leave.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The contract that he signed last month is supposed to be around 10m, that's less than Draxler, Matuidi and Di Maria. Di Maria is below Draxler in the pecking order and in competition with Lucas, Neymar will beat both. Krychowiak and Ben Arfa allegedly around 5m.

Now bear in mind that Ben Arfa and Krychowiak have been totally useless, Aurier has been replaced, Di Maria and Lucas are in and out of the team and Matuidi wants to leave.
Di Maria earns more than 10 mil? :eek:

txred

PSG was one of the most popular (as in liked and hated) club in France. PSG wasn't born with the Qatari but they gave them an entirely new dimension.
Makes sense being in Paris and all. Assumed as much. Even when they were poor in the mid-to-late 2000's, I still saw far more PSG shirts in Paris than other French clubs.

Would anyone really dare "convert" to a PSG fan? Everyone would brand them as glory hunters.
Doesn't stop millions of other people, to be fair.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think anyone really cares for them outside of France though, do they? A bit like City.
They are big in Africa like Marseille. They also used to have the best stadium atmosphere with Lens but for different reasons.

RedCurry

I don't think anyone really cares for them outside of France though, do they? A bit like City.
PSG has good looking jerseys and Paris is a touristy place. I do see quite a few PSG shirts around.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not really, they had before the Qatari a good following in Africa specially. Plenty of great african players for them (Okocha, Weah the best 2) and they had great Brazilian players that everyone appreciates (Rai, Ronaldinho). Qatar just gave them another level in terms of recognition.

Fully Fledged

Wow, will be interesting to see how he responds to such an insane transfer fee. Is there anything remotely similar in terms of how hard the world record transfer fee has been smashed in football history?
No before now the biggest rise was about £10m. The closest would be the jump from Pietro Anastasi £500k to Johan Cruyff £922k which is an 84% hike while this increase is about 125%

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Here in Spain, they were kind of a phenomenom in the 90's, they got past Real and Barcelona in European competitions IIRC.

Then, it was a go-to team for most of us pseudo football hipsters, "You've seen Ronaldinho in PSG?", "Man, what happened to PSG? They were huge with Lama, Ginola, Weah, Loko, Raí..."

Since que Qatar takeover, they don't seem to be as popular or well regarded anymore around here, so I'd say they fell more in public opinion than City, for example

evil_geko

Overrated fee for an overrated player.

Prime Ronaldinho was miles better than this overpayed diver.

JPRouve

Scout
They're big in Portugal too thanks to the immigrants and Pauleta.
They are the club of the portuguese in France, they could fill the Stade France just with them.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's the best player in the world for me. Great deal for PSG.

Pastore - classy guy, classy player.

idmanager

This has been a very interesting and fun saga, I'm a bit sad it's coming to an end but I always chuckle when remembering Pique's photo with the legend "Se queda" xDDD

As for Neymar I think Barcelona are going to miss him a lot and need to invest the money wisely to make up for it, which is a gamble with their recent transfers, and this will surely drag more attention towards PSG having now a player with the potential to be number one once Ronaldo and Messi are out of the scene.

Can't stop laughing, this is just genius. :lol::lol::lol:
PSG have won the transfer window for 2 reasons now :lol::lol:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
If the English clubs can start doing something, and an Italian team other than Juventus as well... football could be quite interesting next year

Noc-Z

ffs
I reckon he'll tear the French league up.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40762417
The French league is second rate, no doubt. What would constitute ripping it up though? PSG winning the league and Neymar being top scorer is expected, so he'd need to get about 60 goals to say he'd ripped it up. I don't think he will he's only one man, as poor as the league is. I think he'll need to win the Champs League to say he ripped it up because even 30-35 goals in France and I'd just think, well fair enough par for the course!

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
I've changed my mind. I now hope his dick grows to immense size, but his bellend falls off so the entire thing is useless.

I'm sure I'll open myself up to the usual comments, but I don't agree with this idea that he's moved for some destiny type "I will become the best in the world" thing, he has moved because his dad and himself wanted to earn a massive chunk of money. He'll be the highest paid player in the world based on football earnings now. But he has left the no.1 ranked league, to join a smaller club in the no.5 ranked league. If the Ballon D'Or is as important to him as people have suggested, why is this the better bet than staying put? He is 25. At Barca, I wouldn't have been surprised if in 2 years he had become the top man at the club. In terms of competitors for global fame and whatever, Messi is 30, Ronaldo is 32. Who else? Suarez is 30 as well, so I also never accepted this idea that Neymar was the third man in the attack. Neymar is much more a franchise player, like Messi, Suarez isn't in that category at all. You can build a team and sadly a brand around a Neymar, not a Suarez. He's an ugly player (Yes, I know, haha), not a stylish flair player like Neymar.

Zlatan managed to extend his career, and massively pad out his goal stats by moving to France, but even being the key star of a PSG team hoovering up cups and leagues, he was no more likely to win the Ballon D'or than he was at Juve or Barca or Inter or anywhere else. He is going to literally have to carry PSG to the CL at LEAST once to become the undisputed best player in the world, IMO. AND probably have an impressive World Cup next year. If the French league have ambitions of becoming the top league in Europe, they'll probably need to reverse the current plan of all the clubs getting shredded every transfer window except PSG, Monaco had barely won the title and half the squad were packing their bags.

TL: DR Neymar has made it harder, not easier, for him to become the no.1 player in the world IMO.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Wasn't aware that many in France cared about City.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They are the club of the portuguese in France, they could fill the Stade France just with them.
That's why I always thought Cristiano would end up there in a few years. Chance to win the Champions League in a team built around him so that it would be easy for him to keep his numbers high and the fan support and lifestyle of Paris. It would have been perfect for him but I don't see it happening now.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I like him but hope he flops spectacularly. You'll always be in Messi's shadow. But then, it was never about being in Me$$i's shadow, was it?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Imagine a CL final between Barca and PSG now :D

I like him but hope he flops spectacularly. You'll always be in Messi's shadow. But then, it was never about being in Me$$i's shadow, was it?
It never was, they just wanna make us believe there is a deep footballing reason behind this. It honestly is all about money. You cannot refuse those wages, those bonuses and a status of king at a club in Paris.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pretty much a shit move for all parties involved.

Barca lose an important player and will be worse off for it next year.
PSG gain the the most expensive player in history and all the expectations that go with it. Highly doubtful he scores more than Cavani next year.
Football transfers get inflated by another 50-100% over the next year.
Neighmar will win feck all outside of the French league.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
A little bit disappointed that it finished so quickly after the circus this morning. I mean it was obviously going to happen but it would be more fun if Barcelona and La Liga wanted to stick a little more to their newly made up rules.

@Brwned
didn't have time to answer you in a previous thread but will try to be short. I'm just doubting his main motives for the move as it involves too much money and ugly polemic during the move (waiting and asking for that loyalty bonus). Also, it involved too much polemic about the cash even while he was playing in Barcelona.
I agree with you that staying in Barcelona isn't some more romantic story but he is taking a step down as he is going from the best to the much weaker league, but into an almost equally strong team without much competition there. I don't see it as a move that is characteristic for players driven by a desire to be the best in the world. And it isn't quite true that PSG was the only one who could afford him. City definitely could, Madrid could also stamp out that cash with the players they're offloading and maybe, just maybe even we could if he showed real desire to come so that argument doesn't stand. So, it's natural to think that football motives haven't been in the first place. Money, Paris, glamour, main man... And, already told you, when you look at all this, who could blame him?

In any way, IMO time will tell who got it right. Because it will be seen by his performances and motivation, especially after some time. Don't mind at all if he proves me wrong, he's got the talent no doubt.

And yeah, the market is totally off the hook and went batshit crazy. Good luck to Barcelona in finding a replacement for any reasonable money.

RooneyLegend

Amazing.

Not the reveal video, just that Neymar would really go to PSG.
Why? They are a big club in one of the biggest cities in the world.
If he'd actually shown some ambition and moved to a top club in a top league somewhere I'd hope he does well. However, I hope he and PSG fail miserably and win nothing yet again this season. He'll still have his half million a week salary to console himself though.
They are a big club nowadays, like chelsea were already a big club by 05. I honestly don't see the difference between ligue 1 and the bundesliga.