Neymar Jr | PSG | 2017/2018 performances

RooneyLegend

The French league is second rate, no doubt. What would constitute ripping it up though? PSG winning the league and Neymar being top scorer is expected, so he'd need to get about 60 goals to say he'd ripped it up. I don't think he will he's only one man, as poor as the league is. I think he'll need to win the Champs League to say he ripped it up because even 30-35 goals in France and I'd just think, well fair enough par for the course!
Success in the CL is all that relevant surely, i mean, they are winning ligue 1 without a shadow of a doubt, he'll play fantastic football in the league to. I don't think it matters all that much how many he scores as long as he's the best player in the league.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Does anyone see this transfer record being beaten anytime soon? I can't see any club being mad enough to spend this much on a player.

saivet

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm quite excited about this transfer. Looking forward to the CL even more now. Maybe even watch a bit of PSG in Ligue or (or not)

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
might already have been asked but does this count as the world record transfer fee or not?since he technically signed for PSG as a free agent.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Imagine a CL final between Barca and PSG now :D
If you really want to get sadistic about it the ideal scenario would be a Real Madrid - PSG final, after PSG dispatching Barcelona on semis and only Real Madrid being able to stop Neymar for winning a Ballon D'Or.

Dobbs

You can tell the Qataris behind PSG know nothing about football. It just doesn't work like this.

To win the Champions League you need the best unit, a collection of top players completely motivated to bringing silverware to the club.

Indulging in a pissing contest like this won't work.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You can tell the Qataris behind PSG know nothing about football. It just doesn't work like this.

To win the Champions League you need the best unit, a collection of top players completely motivated to bringing silverware to the club.

Indulging in a pissing contest like this won't work.
That would be true if football was the reason behind that move but it's not.

SirAF

Ageist
If you really want to get sadistic about it the ideal scenario would be a Real Madrid - PSG final, after PSG dispatching Barcelona on semis and only Real Madrid being able to stop Neymar for winning a Ballon D'Or.
:drool:

Dobbs

That would be true if football was the reason behind that move but it's not.
Not sure what you mean exactly but football I'd assume plays a big role in the move from PSG's point of view. Albeit football infused with a massive amount of ego and bravado.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Qatar, your ultimate financing king of resources. Do you need a rebel group to be armed? Do you need a footballer? We provide services internationally with the utmost care for our customers. Qatar, taking you personally.

JPRouve

Scout
Not sure what you mean exactly but football I'd assume plays a big role in the move from PSG's point of view. Albeit football infused with a massive amount of ego and bravado.
No, it's just about visibility. They wanted an extremely high profile player with huge visibility. There is only four players like that, Pogba, Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
No, it's just about visibility. They wanted an extremely high profile player with huge visibility. There is only four players like that, Pogba, Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo.
Remember when they signed 37 year old Beckham for 6 months?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Might pop over for a game next season. They are gonna be truly sold out for every game.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
might already have been asked but does this count as the world record transfer fee or not?since he technically signed for PSG as a free agent.
Real signed Figo in the same manner and he was considered the most expensive at the time so yes.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
The 3 best players in the world, and Pogba.

Weird list of 4. There's only 3 players like that.

Shez

PSG was one of the most popular (as in liked and hated) club in France. PSG wasn't born with the Qatari but they gave them an entirely new dimension.
Well I had a friend who has had them as his second team due to the Ronaldinho link. He still couldn't bring himself to give a damn about Barca though

Dobbs

Sure I agree with that, noted it in my initial post.

However I also think they believe this will propel them to European dominance.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I'm not sure about what you are trying to say.
Pogba isn't in the same league as Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo in terms of profile. He's got a big profile, but he's surely in the next category down. He belongs in a list next to a few other players away from those 3.

JPRouve

Scout
Sure I agree with that, noted it in my initial post.

However I also think they believe this will propel them to European dominance.
They don't, they are far from stupid. Same thing about Monaco.

Infra-red

JPRouve

Scout
Course they're stupid. By your theory they just spent £200 million for "visibility."
They are not stupid in the sense that they know that it's not enough to dominate, as for visibility QTA values it a lot.

wr8_utd

:'(
As far as "Brand Neymar" goes, I'm not sure how he's improved on anything by moving to a league with lesser visibility and global audiences than La Liga. After the initial hype and excitement dies down, I don't really see many neutrals bothering to watch PSG playing against the minnows of Ligue 1. How many people really bothered following Zlatan at PSG even though he was tearing up the league in terms of goals and performances? Neymar might be far better a player but I don't see enough people really being arsed to watch that league even for him.
Also, however well he does in the league, it's his CL performances only which will be looked at when judging him and he could be the BITW and yet not win awards because his team (and/or him) might fail in a match or two in the CL. Look at Messi this year, easily the best in the world over the course of the season and yet won't be winning any awards because he and Barca didn't perform in 2-3 CL games all year.
He can call it ambition all he wants but it's purely greed and money for him. I'm pretty disappointed this has gone through as I loved watching Barcelona purely for MSN and I know I won't really bother catching Neymar much apart from the CL games and the occasional big game vs Monaco. It's a pity he's decided to go to such a poor league, always had great hopes that he'd go on to be POTY at Barca. I guess money will always come out on top for the Neymars.

wr8_utd

:'(
He's become infinitely more likeable now he's moved to PSG. Hope he establishes himself alongside Messi and Ronaldo
Players like him and Suarez with their theatrics will never really be likeable wherever they go imo.

starman

That was quick, seemed like it was shaping up for a long saga.

Wonder whos going to get dropped and if hes going to play on the left or as the central striker