NFL 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Trevathan had his suspension reduced from 2 games to 1. Ridiculous.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
That just so BS. It was a horrible and totally unnecessary hit. Talk about protecting players and then close your eyes to these is kind of dumb. But then Goodell is a moron anyway.
Yeah it's a farce really. I would actually even say it was worse than Burfict - simply because Adams was already stopped - he wasn't going anywhere. It was just unequivocally ruthless and violent and unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong, Burfict was BAAAAAAD too, but at least he was the first player there and arguably trying to make a play.

Sylar

So the person who overturned it played the same position as him, right?
Yeah 2 initial games was light as it was. For a league that goes on about player safety, they are basically saying, do the same thing if you want and you only miss a game.

Yeah in my opinion, they should be banned for how ever long the player they injured is out.
Whilst I get the sentiment, it would be a bit weird as well. Cos imagine a top player for say Dallas like Sean Lee takes out a third string player like this for Giants. Giants could just have their player deemed as not fit for a long time, couldnt they? hmm

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Whilst I get the sentiment, it would be a bit weird as well. Cos imagine a top player for say Dallas like Sean Lee takes out a third string player like this for Giants. Giants could just have their player deemed as not fit for a long time, couldnt they? hmm
They can deem as not fit but NFL should have doctors of their own perform test like how they do with concussions. Also it doesnt matter if youre the best player in the league and you take out my kicker. We are talking about life here. You make a blatant hit wanting to injure someone you deserve to be punished.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Cam Newton laughing at 'females talking about routes' in his press conference - what's he playing at :confused:

RoadTrip

They can deem as not fit but NFL should have doctors of their own perform test like how they do with concussions. Also it doesnt matter if youre the best player in the league and you take out my kicker. We are talking about life here. You make a blatant hit wanting to injure someone you deserve to be punished.
Another issue though - believe Adams is only gonna be out for a week if at all... so wouldn't have meant justice in this case either.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Cam’s a little bitch.

Absolutely no need for those comments

muller

In other news, Jonas Gray, who once ran all over the Colts for the Pats is now in jail
The guy who got 4 TD's on his starting debut, slept in the next morning, arrived for training 30 minutes late and as a result got bumped to the bottom of the depth chart?

Don't mess with Bill.

What for?

Sylar

The guy who got 4 TD's on his starting debut, slept in the next morning, arrived for training 30 minutes late and as a result got bumped to the bottom of the depth chart?

Don't mess with Bill.

What for?
I believe on twitter it said not paying child support

ha_rooney

In other news, Jonas Gray, who once ran all over the Colts for the Pats is now in jail
Wow! Remember watching that game & he was unstoppable. Then he broke Bill’s rules, disappeared & never accomplished anything. Sad.

ha_rooney

Actually expecting the Pats to lose again. The D is dreadful & I doubt they'll be better on only 3 days rest. Up to Brady to perform some magic & get us the win.

Amazing to think that the big question heading into the season was whether 40yo Brady could still perform at a high level or if he'd have a Peyton style drop-off. If anything, he's been better than last season, without having Jules too!!!

RoadTrip

Actually expecting the Pats to lose again. The D is dreadful & I doubt they'll be better on only 3 days rest. Up to Brady to perform some magic & get us the win.

Amazing to think that the big question heading into the season was whether 40yo Brady could still perform at a high level or if he'd have a Peyton style drop-off. If anything, he's been better than last season, without having Jules too!!!
Yeah quite apprehensive about tonight too. Short week with huge defensive problems. Unlikely to be addressed so unless young Tommy B can bail us out, we are stuffed like a potato skin.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You're the one who drafted him, what a slug
That's one of those no downside situations.

He tanks and I'm happy cos feck the Patriots. He does well and I'm reasonably happy cos Fantasy points. Even better is if he does well and they still manage to lose :lol:

ha_rooney

Apparently Gronk’s got an injury so isn’t expected to play. Better not to risk him if there’s any doubts about his fitness.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Cam seems like a bit of a douche in all honesty.
Has been since his college days. There are good reasons he's viewed unfavorably, and it's not just because of his flamboyant celebrations. It's a recurring theme.

But maybe I'm just bitter we didn't want to bribe him enough in college to play for OU instead of an SEC school, and he won Auburn a national championship. Maybe.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Has been since his college days. There are good reasons he's viewed unfavorably, and it's not just because of his flamboyant celebrations. It's a recurring theme.

But maybe I'm just bitter we didn't want to bribe him enough in college to play for OU instead of an SEC school, and he won Auburn a national championship. Maybe.
His celebrations don't bother me, although if you're gonna act like that you've gotta be able to take being on the other side, and he acted like a right bitch after the SB defeat.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Pats must have been playing like crap while I was watching the Tommy Morrison 30 for 30. Flipped over, Pats have scored ten points since.

Sure looked like Winston flopped on that roughing call to give TB a free play.

Status
Not open for further replies.