Nolan's Batman

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
Oh something else I forgot (though I may be remembering this wrong)

At some point near the end, when Batman has to dispose of the bomb, it's only got a few minutes left on the ticker. But Catwoman holds him off to slap a great big kiss on him before he goes. That had me a bit bemused considering the little time he had

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Re: the Bane voice. I thought it was a lot more menacing in the original prologue. It seems that all the moaning from people not being able to understand what he was saying forced them to redub and turn it up to 11 before the film was released. Shame that.

Still pretty cool though. He definitely had some good lines.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
So what's happening next? Continuation? Reboot?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Oh something else I forgot (though I may be remembering this wrong)

At some point near the end, when Batman has to dispose of the bomb, it's only got a few minutes left on the ticker. But Catwoman holds him off to slap a great big kiss on him before he goes. That had me a bit bemused considering the little time he had
I'd definitely hang around for a snog...Not so much standing around listening to the baddie gloat.

Lastwolf

Zimmer is some times very derivative of his other works, but god damn I love the batman score(s), that trailer was epic, so many hell yes moments.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Same. It was ok.

Not enough Batman though. A few punches and an occasional gadget is about it. Didn't care for how it set up the characters either, it was all too rushed in a film that was too long. Somehow :lol:

Oh and I don't think they conveyed how the time passed at all well either, but that's a small gripe.
A bit late to the party, but the missus and I just finally saw it tonight. Was a bit odd, that one minute the bomb was going to blow in 23 days and in the next scene it was 11 hours off. Could they really keep Gotham City for three or four months. Was decent enough and maybe I will enjoy it more on a second viewing but agree with others saying it is probably the weakest of a very strong three.
And yeah, the ending was telegraphed too much, but maybe that was for the American audience (at the risk of sounding racist).

gaz1185

Well here's some interesting news that's floating around a few of the movie websites. Very un-Nolan like, but after reading the GQ interview and what they mentioned about some of Bane's scenes being cut I can see this happening:

Sources have informed Nuke the Fridge that not only is a Director’s Cut being developed by Warner Bros. for “The Dark Knight Rises,” but it’s going to include Bane’s origin plus a bit more screentime for Ra’s Al Ghul which were omitted from the current theatrical cut of the movie… So now according to our reliable spies, we will be able to see how Bane learns to fight plus more scenes involving Ra’s Al Ghul. The new Director’s Cut is said to make the film about thirty minutes longer.
Nuke the Fridge is the site breaking it and apparently have been pretty good on news like this a few times before, and here's another snippet from another site:

From what I understand Nolan made the final cut of his film not as long as he wanted but only as long as was physically possible, as the platters which held the IMAX prints of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES simply couldn't fit any more film.
All interesting, especially the stuff about the IMAX platters. Fingers crossed we get a Director's Cut now, but this is Nolan afterall!

vuc

First Team Serb
Well to be fair I read his original script was for double of the film, so I can see why a lot of the stuff in the film was seen as 'rushed'.

I don't think it is that surprising that there will be a directors cut, given that this film has an overwhelming amount of followers who wanted to see more.. It would also be pretty fecking awesome to see it.

Can't wait for the DVD.

vuc

First Team Serb
You're not but at the same time picking up on those things is just pointless.

For all you know they hid them in a garage, and there is a secret button that when clicked after midnight raises the bikes to the top and hides them in some room.

Plenty of plausible options.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Watched this for the first time last night and...
my major gripe with the film is that in a fight scene with multiple baddies with guns, they take on Batman one by one and get disarmed/beat up like idiots. I mean, you just took over a complete city rigging the entire sewer system and then when you have an encounter with the your most dangerous enemy, you're going to take turns to shoot him... yeah ok. That was a bit of a facepalm moment. Other than that and the big anticlimax that was Bane's death I really enjoyed what I thought was the best superhero movie of all time.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Probably because they didn't want to shoot their mates. Also, the Batsuit can handle getting shot.

Ekeke

Was alright. Enjoyed it a lot more than the overrated film it followed despite the several parts that didnt quite add up.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
They got worse and worse as they went after a reasonable start. The Joker saved the second film. Nothing saved the third.

Leg-End

Then you should listen better, his voice was a huge part of what made his character memorable.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
was not that impressed,I found him very hard to understand most of the time.
Admittedly if there was bad sound when watching it, then it wouldn't have been easy, but I don't get all the voice complaints. I found him very easy to understand most of the time.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Admittedly if there was bad sound when watching it, then it wouldn't have been easy, but I don't get all the voice complaints. I found him very easy to understand most of the time.
Same here, except during the first scene in the plane, where the voice was pretty weird (but I think I read somewhere they had to re-dub it or something). His voice really didn't bother me, and I thought he was great as Bane.

There were rumours going around that there would be an extended cut on BluRay that delved more into his story, how he became Bane, his training, but the rumours were untrue apparently. I was a bit disappointed, would've loved to see more of him.

Ekeke

Then you should listen better, his voice was a huge part of what made his character memorable.
I think we could all make a voice be memorable. Perhaps the key would be to also not make people want to bang their head into a brick wall everytime they heard it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
my major gripe with the film is that in a fight scene with multiple baddies with guns, they take on Batman one by one and get disarmed/beat up like idiots. I mean, you just took over a complete city rigging the entire sewer system and then when you have an encounter with the your most dangerous enemy, you're going to take turns to shoot him... yeah ok. That was a bit of a facepalm moment. Other than that and the big anticlimax that was Bane's death I really enjoyed what I thought was the best superhero movie of all time.
If it's the scene when Batman rescues JGL then it's just really shoddy directing/editing.

You can actually see the bad guys standing there as if on cue waiting to attack him in turn as they're probably being directed to off camera.

The Neviller

This is pretty much what happens in the comics, and what happens in most Super Hero stories. The Batman games for PS3 etc all have this too. It's not a documentary, it's a story about a man who dresses as a bat and jumps from tall buildings, floating by use of a cape. The realism expected from these films is a bit silly, really.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
This is pretty much what happens in the comics, and what happens in most Super Hero stories. The Batman games for PS3 etc all have this too. It's not a documentary, it's a story about a man who dresses as a bat and jumps from tall buildings, floating by use of a cape. The realism expected from these films is a bit silly, really.
The thing is all three of the movies had elements of unrealism about them but people are making it out as if they are realistic whereas this isn't! I remember someone pointing out when he lit up the batman sign on the bridge how stupid it was, just remember sitting there wondering if this guy realises he is watching a Batman movie or not....

After the Dark Knight this film was always going to struggle in the eyes of those who had over-rated the Dark Knight.

Ekeke

The tone is more realistic. But its obviously not anywhere near realistic. I think you could still have an almost realistic version but it probably wouldnt be as successful.

Sca11ywag

Honestly, honestly some of you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime have no idea.

A wonderfully and brilliantly crafted picture in so many ways and you just don't get it.

Go watch cartoon network.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
If it's the scene when Batman rescues JGL then it's just really shoddy directing/editing.

You can actually see the bad guys standing there as if on cue waiting to attack him in turn as they're probably being directed to off camera.
Yeah it was that exact scene iirc.
I get that this is a superhero film and realism shouldn't be expected but when you see 4 guys with machine guns attacking a superhero and taking turns to do this it's the sort of fiction that just doesn't belong in any movie. I wouldn't have mind if Batman shot lasers out of his ass to fend the others off while taking them out one by one but just standing there like idiots with a gun in their hands annoyed me a bit.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Is there something 'to get' from a Batman film?

Apart from the moral story about jumping from tall buildings will give you a gammy knee.
One man's quest to get retribution following his parents death, by trying to stop villains in a moral way (no killing) and without expecting anything in return (identity kept secret). Basically the usual good vs evil stuff

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
One man's quest to get retribution following his parents death, by trying to stop villains in a moral way (no killing) and without expecting anything in return (identity kept secret). Basically the usual good vs evil stuff
Yeah, it's not complicated. Good trilogy, hitting occasional great highs. It could (and already has) been done a lot worse.