Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

laughtersassassin

This is ridiculous. This club should never sign players with 2 year buy out clauses, we may as well continue signing old strikers like Ronaldo and Cavani if that's the case.
Worst case would be Halaand joining City from Utd this summer and that 100 percent could have happened
I bet you anything he would have agreed to an anti city deal or Liverpool etc.

Selling to Madrid Barca or Bayern would be fine.

laughtersassassin

It's not about being afraid to lose them it's about having no control there's a difference
Would have control over making a profit at worst and I'm sure he'd have agreed to only be sold abroad.

Basically the fear is that we couldn't match his ambition so therefore don't even risk buying him. I'd say we proved his decision to not join us to be the correct one anyway.

Idxomer

Would have control over making a profit at worst and I'm sure he'd have agreed to only be sold abroad.
Not every team abroad could pay what City did to his dad and agent, why would he have limited his chances?

Don't forget that they met with all those clubs last year on a tour to find the most profitable club for them, that wouldn't have created a circus in United at all.

laughtersassassin

Not every team abroad could pay what City did to his dad and agent, why would he have limited his chances?

Don't forget that they met with all those clubs last year on a tour to find the most profitable club for them, that wouldn't have created a circus in United at all.
He literally would have joined us if we had given him the release clause. I see no reason we shouldn't have done it.

We are worse off than if we had done.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Haaland rejected us , we did make him an offer but the sporting project was non existent as it is now before the new manager joins.

Some people just can’t wrap their heads around the fact this deal would have been impossible for us as we stand.

dinostar77

Haaland rejected us , we did make him an offer but the sporting project was non existent as it is now before the new manager joins.

Some people just can’t wrap their heads around the fact this deal would have been impossible for us as we stand.
There is 0% chance he would have joined us, seeing the utter mess we are in presently. Anyway it just puts more pressure on City to win CL and PL etc next season.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Why is he so cheap? £50-55m for Haaland is cheaper than us signing AWB & literally any other player we’ve signed over the last 10 years.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Is there a reason they’re paying less than the release clause? Unless they’ve agreed to pay it upfront which practically only oil clubs can do

DaGOAT

Sometimes you see a newbie and think ‘you’ll never make it out of there’.

Reading your posts always makes me think that.
Sometimes you read a reply that is laughably off topic.

Your post is just that.

NewYorkRed

Yes he is. And he will prove it next season.
Yeah I’m a huge Ronaldo fan but right now, he is likely better than both Ronaldo and Messi. We needs to see how he adapts to the EPL but if he keeps the same level, he is for sure the best young striker in the world right now, just a level below Benzema and Lewa.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It'll go one of two ways:

He'll come to the Premier League and smash it completely or
He'll come to the Premier League and struggle big time.

We've seen it happen quite a few times when great players come to the Premier League and struggle/fail. Personally i think he'll do fine though.

Rooney1987

This is what is must have felt like for opposition fans when we added Veron and Ruud to treble winning team.

Bwuk

Scoring goals isn't Citys problem. They've scored more than anyone in the league.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
So what happens with that other promising young striker they also just bought now? Are City definitely selling a couple of their current forwards to make way?

Woodzy

Scoring goals isn't Citys problem. They've scored more than anyone in the league.
But they all miss chances, big chances. They could have scored 2 or 3 more in both games against Real Madrid. Imagine those chances are falling to Haaland instead of the likes of Grealish and Sterling.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So what happens with that other promising young striker they also just bought now? Are City definitely selling a couple of their current forwards to make way?
I guess Jesus will be sold.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Probably be loaned to one of their dodgy **** clubs they’ve got dotted around the globe.

padzilla

Hipster
Looks a good deal on paper so you've got say fair play to City... no doubt we are lining up a loan deal for a young up and coming star out of contract in their mid to late 30s as we speak.

youmeletsfly

They have Jesus who was there for quite a few seasons and was not starting week in, week out. Given that, you can't seriously think that the Argentinian kid would've had a chance to start next season. He'll come in, get a few games from the bench, score a few goals here and there because it's City and in 2 years they'll sell him for 40 mil, easy money.

padzilla

Hipster
Yeah, this place would be absolutely fine with losing the club's main (and 21 year old) striker for £50m :lol:
There's a reason he went to Dortmund and not a bigger club - no club with aspirations of winning anything would put such a low release clause on a player so young and talented - and rightly so!

People were saying we would clean up the summer we signed Ruud and Veron - we won nothing the next season, actually finished third if I remember correctly?

Also said the same when Torres and Shevchenko joined Chelsea - there are no guarantees but he does appear to be a great player with the right age profile.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never liked him anyway. Daddy long legged freak of nature :mad:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
But they all miss chances, big chances. They could have scored 2 or 3 more in both games against Real Madrid. Imagine those chances are falling to Haaland instead of the likes of Grealish and Sterling.
This assumes Haaland will help the team in terms of generating those chances, and not hinder it

This is what is must have felt like for opposition fans when we added Veron and Ruud to treble winning team.
Our success was earned so they shrugged and said fair fecks

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It'll go one of two ways:

He'll come to the Premier League and smash it completely or
He'll come to the Premier League and struggle big time.

We've seen it happen quite a few times when great players come to the Premier League and struggle/fail. Personally i think he'll do fine though.
He would probably struggle if he played for a club like us, who couldn't even put a few pass together against the likes of Brighton. But playing for City, with chances after chances after chances put on plate for him? It near impossible for him to fail there.