North Korea

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Just seen this picture of Kim on the BBC, his wife has reappeared after a long time out of the public gaze. Goodness me, he looks enormously fat now and so red in the face! He can't be set for a long life.

The Firestarter

Just seen this picture of Kim on the BBC, his wife has reappeared after a long time out of the public gaze. Goodness me, he looks enormously fat now and so red in the face! He can't be set for a long life.

Imagine the guy behind him have an MRI wearing that uniform.

nimic

something nice
Scout

choccy77

Yup they do have them, but as reliable as a 99p usb charging lead from China

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They've had them for years by this point. They probably have some that can hit the US, even.
I'm surprised. I follow the news everyday, but can't recall reading news reports that confirm that NK had operational nuclear weapons. Anyway, one has to wonder if a Chernobyl is waiting to happen there.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I'm surprised. I follow the news everyday, but can't recall reading news reports that confirm that NK had operational nuclear weapons. Anyway, one has to wonder if a Chernobyl is waiting to happen there.
I think you might be conflating the actual warhead with a reliable long-range missile delivery system. The latter has been a matter of great concern in recent years, the former a matter of fact.

Lj82

I think you might be conflating the actual warhead with a reliable long-range missile delivery system. The latter has been a matter of great concern in recent years, the former a matter of fact.
Yup. They have already successfully conducted several nuclear tests and it is without question that they already have nuclear capabilities. The only question that remains is if they can successfully miniaturise the bomb to fit into a missile warhead and if they have an effective delivery system.

Superden

I think their threat from cyberwarfare is of far greater urgency than dealing with what nuclear capability they may have.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Rare footage obtained by BBC Korean shows North Korea publicly sentencing two teenage boys to 12 years of hard labour for watching K-dramas.
The footage, which appears to have been filmed in 2022, shows two 16-year-old boys handcuffed in front of hundreds of students at an outdoor stadium. It also shows uniformed officers reprimanding the boys for not "deeply reflecting on their mistakes".

The video includes a narrator who is repeating state propaganda. "The rotten puppet regime's culture has spread even to teenagers," says the voice, in an apparent reference to South Korea. "They are just 16 years old, but they ruined their own future," it adds.

The boys were also named by officers and had their addresses revealed.

In the past, minors who broke the law in this way would be sent to youth labour camps rather than put behind bars, and the punishment was usually less than five years. In 2020, however, Pyongyang enacted a law to make watching or distributing South Korean entertainment punishable by death.

A defector previously told the BBC that he was forced to watch a 22-year-old man shot to death. He said the man was accused of listening to South Korean music and had shared films from the South with his friend.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They should sentence my wife to hard labour for all the fecking dross she watches. North Korea, Noord Holland, same difference innit.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm in South Korea and i've seen some of the dramas on TV - right call from Big Kim IMO

Big Andy

Bloke
I enjoy reading about their weird laws and rules.

Make a phone call to someone outside North Korea, death.
Watch a foreign film, death.
Have a non state approved haircut, death.

I wonder what the locals truly think about old Kim Jong Un, I wonder if they're so indoctrinated that the believe all his guff, or they all secretly think "look at that fat, shit haircut cnut, I'll dance a jig when he dies"

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Sure, but did you know the west also does bad things? Think about that before you judge.