Official: FC Barcelona charged with Corruption over payments to former referees chief | UEFA open investigation

thisisnottaken1

I remember seeing somebody on TikTok try and claim that Barcelona were found innocent in the refereeing scandal.

Even if that’s true, they’re still a very dirty, corrupt club. I’ve never liked them and these credible allegations and charges give me a reason.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I’m struggling to understand. Why would UEFA even countenance such an idea?

RoyH1

I’m struggling to understand. Why would UEFA even countenance such an idea?
To be fair, we don't know if they accepted the deal or not. Right now it's mostly Rubiales and Piqué (and to some extent Messi) that are smeared by this. But if Ceferin accepted and UEFA money made it's way to Barcelona to pay for the their salaries then it's a completely different story.

The business of football is so shady.

JogaBonitoRooney

Lot of salt here. Even if true, Messi deserves every penny. The joy he's brought to football is priceless. Leo ❤

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Tbf to Barca they and Real have been dining out on Government subsidies, tax breaks, land deals etc for decades. Asking UEFA to pay their players wages probably seems reasonable to them. Additionally, weren't Barca also asking other La Liga clubs to pay for Messi's wages to keep La Liga glamorous at one point?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
The short version is that there's audio recordings of Rubiales (head of the Spanish federation) saying to Ceferin that Pique and Messi wanted UEFA to pay the part of their wages that corresponded to what Barsa limited due the Covid lockdowns.
These bastards are so shameless. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
To be fair, we don't know if they accepted the deal or not. Right now it's mostly Rubiales and Piqué (and to some extent Messi) that are smeared by this. But if Ceferin accepted and UEFA money made it's way to Barcelona to pay for the their salaries then it's a completely different story.

The business of football is so shady.
I see, the "But Your Honor, the cop didn't accept the bribe" deffense.

Irwin99

Super league plans, 115 charges, corruption and dodgy payments, oil state teams

Football is really an ugly game isn't it

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Busquets and Messi exhibiting pure greed whilst the rest of the world suffered from lockdowns etc. the players and the club are stinking dirty.

JogaBonitoRooney

Its not, many Barca-fans say this, they genuinely think he was underpayed.
If Messi only made 130 million USD compared to Ronaldo's 260 million USD according to Forbes last year, despite being 2 years younger, he's definitely underpaid.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
If Messi only made 130 million USD compared to Ronaldo's 260 million USD according to Forbes last year, despite being 2 years younger, he's definitely underpaid.
Okay, but i was talking about his time at Barca.

Bosws87

Super league plans, 115 charges, corruption and dodgy payments, oil state teams

Football is really an ugly game isn't it
Corrupt to the core and people get grief for even suggesting there might be corruption involved with on field decisions, laughable.

Make or break for football get its act together or people will turn away.