g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Official: FC Barcelona charged with Corruption over payments to former referees chief | UEFA open investigation

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I like this analogy I found on Twitter:

Laporta's explanations are as if someone gets accused of shooting another person and shows a clean knife to prove is innocent.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I like this analogy I found on Twitter:

Laporta's explanations are as if someone gets accused of shooting another person and shows a clean knife to prove is innocent.
He is an absolute bellend of the highest order and it’s revolting how these Barcelona fans hang on to his every word. They are the football equivalent of MAGA supporters and his defense is exactly the same as Trumps.

Deny, conspiracy, hate speech, rally.

While officially the real truth to everything has still yet to be proven either way, the sheer amount of evidence points to some kind of wrong doing. Instead of doing what any normal innocent man would do and stay silent until the truth prevails he wants to shout as loud as possible on some weird tangent about conspiracies and he prays that if he shouts loud enough people will forget about the real issues. Sadly for him, only his koolaid drinking followers will listen to the shit that comes out his mouth.

I don’t care about the content Madrid twitter, whether It’s factual or not and if it’s offensive. I really couldn’t give a feck. But I’m glad someone is standing up to a cnut like him. He needs to be banned from football and removed from any positions of power he holds. He is corrupt.

mav_9me

Ferguson says the same thing I did or Laporta said yesterday.
Is SAF a ******* or a troll? Or maybe it's the truth and you don't want to acknowledge it because of your hatred of Barcelona?
Fergie was right.

Now tell me what that has to do with your payments to the ref?

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
He is an absolute bellend of the highest order and it’s revolting how these Barcelona fans hang on to his every word. They are the football equivalent of MAGA supporters and his defense is exactly the same as Trumps.

Deny, conspiracy, hate speech, rally.

While officially the real truth to everything has still yet to be proven either way, the sheer amount of evidence points to some kind of wrong doing. Instead of doing what any normal innocent man would do and stay silent until the truth prevails he wants to shout as loud as possible on some weird tangent about conspiracies and he prays that if he shouts loud enough people will forget about the real issues. Sadly for him, only his koolaid drinking followers will listen to the shit that comes out his mouth.

I don’t care about the content Madrid twitter, whether It’s factual or not and if it’s offensive. I really couldn’t give a feck. But I’m glad someone is standing up to a cnut like him. He needs to be banned from football and removed from any positions of power he holds. He is corrupt.
It is always fun to read you... hahaha.

I'm glad you are back to be a decent person with a new sense of morality after being defending Abramovich and his legacy day after day (and insulting anyone who said otherwise) for months during the genocide war in Ukraine.

Definitely Laporta is way worse than war criminals, I'm with you.

Do I need to cite some of your totally reasonable posts stating that Abramovich did nothing wrong and that Chelsea is just a victim? hahahaha.
I'm so sorry all you went through losing 100 millions per year per decades. A lot of effort from bloody business from a dictatorship were needed to get them. Disheartening all you went through. Poor Chelski!!!

With your history (you, the poster, not even the team), I think you should stop doing this kind of "moral superior" rambling-messages.

Sorry for the generalization but you can easily see how corrupted Italian and spanish teams are. I fully believe that Real are much worse than Barcelona. Do you actually believe Real has done nothing and only Barcelona has been doing this shaddy stuff. I hope a day comes and some evidence emerges but even then as you can see with Barcelona it will be denied and they will tell us stories and nothing will happen because spain is not a serious country in this regard and they are both too big to be brought down
Spain and Italy are more corrupt than other surrounding countries, no doubt about it. A shame as a Spaniard but it is what it is. Each country has its things that is the stone we carry.

I don't think anything comes out from Madrid. Why would you pay anyone if the governing bodies of the Spanish football are full of your board members, members and explayers?
Governing bodies (including referees) historically had a Real Madrid member in the power positions.

The referees themselves, as it has been posted here. The defense from Real Madrid fans is that in some of those periods they didn't win a lot of trophies. They fully accept that yes, referees presidents were Real Madrid board member/explayer/member for the most part. Laporta mentioned this yesterday and... have you seen any response to that in the Franco's video? obviously not. What are they going to say, that an explayer wasn't an explayer? They were always super professional, so that is irrelevant. Aham. I told before what I think about the "Franco Regime" and "his team". Summary: they were just "toys" that he used to benefit, in different ways, with different goals. Nothing to blame on them.

To the sanction deciding bodies (all there were through history). There were times were literally all the justice bodies were directed by Real Madrid members. I posted this with links in the past, but Real Madrid paid Sevilla (for winning), they were summoned, they didn't go to the trial, they got a sanction, they didn't pay, and appelation committee just dropped the sanctions. Well... the president, who just "happened to be a Real Madrid member"... how unfortunate coincidence!

You might think that this is just "historical bs", but it is directly related to Negreira. The prosecutor literally says that one of the possible "favors" Negreira worked on, was TO AVOID THAT NOT ALL THE MEMBERS FROM THE COMPETITION COMMITTEE (who decides sanctions) ARE NOT MADRID MEMBERS. Yes, it would be nice to have somebody in the Committe that doesn't go to the Bernabeu every 2 weeks. Too much to ask I guess.
But who cares if they are not paid? They are just all very fair Real Madrid members, nothing to see here! They are super professional and don't dare to say they have the bare minimum bias!
Some extra explanation about this is here and some "interesting" decisions they made... this very year:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/off...en-investigation.476119/page-26#post-30336290

And I don't pretend to put excuses in the Negreria payments (or the Regime comments by Laporta, which I already address before), that are, in the best case unethical (although I think there is enough evidence to say that corruption is 100% guaranteed). Somebody (i would love some jail time for some accused people) and maybe Barca itself will need to be punished, depending on the findings of the investigation and the reach of Barca/Negreira actions. But that is the state of the Spanish football and its history. And this is relevant because the prosecutor itself talks about it. Could that be the "neutrality" Barca was looking for? lobbying in those bodies to get closer people? I'm not making this up. It is the prosecution itself.

By the way, I dislike as much as human can do, the catalan independentists... the most part of them are delusional fanatics. Just thinking the "bullets" Puigdemont (I almost forgot he existed until today) and his troops have with the Real Madrid video makes me sick. Real Madrid is not the same as Spain.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

I'm glad you are back to be a decent person with a new sense of morality after being defending Abramovich and his legacy day after day (and insulting anyone who said otherwise) for months during the genocide war in Ukraine.

Do I need to cite some of your totally reasonable posts stating that Abramovich did nothing wrong and that Chelsea is just a victim? hahahaha.
I'm so sorry all you went through losing 100 millions per year per decades. A lot of effort from bloody business from a dictatorship were needed to get them. Disheartening all you went through. Poor Chelski!!!

With your history (you, the poster, not even the team), I think you should stop doing this kind of "moral superior" rambling-messages.
Don't you have a pro-cheating pro-Nazi (aka Barcelona supporting) parade to get to instead of repeatedly posting "no u" like some sort of infant?

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
Quality control
Don't you have a pro-cheating pro-Nazi (aka Barcelona supporting) parade to get to instead of repeatedly posting "no u" like some sort of infant?
How is it going on in Bakhmut man? Did you get the phone to write here from a fallen Wagner comrade or they just let Chelski fans to carry their own devices for their services in this very forum?
Have you learnt to differentiate between names and last names?
Do you know how to count bigger numbers than 2? or 2 = 10 to you? For example, One Wagner corpse, 2 Chelski corpses, 3 Wagner corpses...

By the way: BYE :)

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
How is it going on in Bakhmut man? Did you get the phone to write here from a fallen Wagner comrade or they just let Chelski fans to carry their own devices for their services in this very forum?
Have you learnt to differentiate between names and last names?
Do you know how to count bigger numbers than 2? or 2 = 10 to you? For example, One Wagner corpse, 2 Chelski corpses, 3 Wagner corpses...

By the way: BYE :)
Nope sorry, you are wrong again as per usual. I am not in Bakhmut, I am in Lisbon, which you might be able to tell if you could read. Perhaps this is the crux of the issue?

Given that we've already established the definitive ties between Barcelona and the Nazi party, it looks like a hit dog has hollered again and you have a guilty conscience?

I read online that Barcelona have been supporting Russian paramilitary groups in Ukraine because they are butthurt Shevchenko used to crap all over them. How do you feel about supporting a club that is funding genocide in Ukraine and destabilising Europe?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

Spain and Italy are more corrupt than other surrounding countries, no doubt about it. A shame as a Spaniard but it is what it is. Each country has its things that is the stone we carry.

I don't think anything comes out from Madrid. Why would you pay anyone if the governing bodies of the Spanish football are full of your board members, members and explayers?
Governing bodies (including referees) historically had a Real Madrid member in the power positions.

The referees themselves, as it has been posted here. The defense from Real Madrid fans is that in some of those periods they didn't win a lot of trophies. They fully accept that yes, referees presidents were Real Madrid board member/explayer/member for the most part. Laporta mentioned this yesterday and... have you seen any response to that in the Franco's video? obviously not. What are they going to say, that an explayer wasn't an explayer? They were always super professional, so that is irrelevant. Aham. I told before what I think about the "Franco Regime" and "his team". Summary: they were just "toys" that he used to benefit, in different ways, with different goals. Nothing to blame on them.

To the sanction deciding bodies (all there were through history). There were times were literally all the justice bodies were directed by Real Madrid members. I posted this with links in the past, but Real Madrid paid Sevilla (for winning), they were summoned, they didn't go to the trial, they got a sanction, they didn't pay, and appelation committee just dropped the sanctions. Well... the president, who just "happened to be a Real Madrid member"... how unfortunate coincidence!

You might think that this is just "historical bs", but it is directly related to Negreira. The prosecutor literally says that one of the possible "favors" Negreira worked on, was TO AVOID THAT NOT ALL THE MEMBERS FROM THE COMPETITION COMMITTEE (who decides sanctions) ARE NOT MADRID MEMBERS. Yes, it would be nice to have somebody in the Committe that doesn't go to the Bernabeu every 2 weeks. Too much to ask I guess.
But who cares if they are not paid? They are just all very fair Real Madrid members, nothing to see here! They are super professional and don't dare to say they have the bare minimum bias!
Some extra explanation about this is here and some "interesting" decisions they made... this very year:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/off...en-investigation.476119/page-26#post-30336290

And I don't pretend to put excuses in the Negreria payments (or the Regime comments by Laporta, which I already address before), that are, in the best case unethical (although I think there is enough evidence to say that corruption is 100% guaranteed). Somebody (i would love some jail time for some accused people) and maybe Barca itself will need to be punished, depending on the findings of the investigation and the reach of Barca/Negreira actions. But that is the state of the Spanish football and its history. And this is relevant because the prosecutor itself talks about it. Could that be the "neutrality" Barca was looking for? lobbying in those bodies to get closer people? I'm not making this up. It is the prosecution itself.

By the way, I dislike as much as human can do, the catalan independentists... the most part of them are delusional fanatics. Just thinking the "bullets" Puigdemont (I almost forgot he existed until today) and his troops have with the Real Madrid video makes me sick. Real Madrid is not the same as Spain.
You keep posting off topic replies about RA. i will continue to call out your slimey cnut President until the day he is punished. I have nothing against Barcelona as a club but the longer your fans continue to follow him and drink his koolaid the less I care what happens to you. As for RA, I have only said he was a brilliant owner, I gave as much feck about his private life as I’d give yours, none.

cyberman

You keep posting off topic replies about RA. i will continue to call out your slimey cnut President until the day he is punished. I have nothing against Barcelona as a club but the longer your fans continue to follow him and drink his koolaid the less I care what happens to you. As for RA, I have only said he was a brilliant owner, I gave as much feck about his private life as I’d give yours, none.
Private life?!!

colombianmancunian

Are you saying Ferguson was a ******* too?
Ferguson also said Phil Jones was the new Duncan Edwards and would become United’s more important player. He is not an all knowing God, and while we United fans admire him, we don’t blindly follow him as you follow Laporta and his lunatics attempts at defending himself and his corrupt institution.

In that statement he lied. But that was because Madrid were tapping in Ronaldo at the time.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
They should be stripped off all their trophies over the corruption period if found guilty, and get a ban in Europe for 5 years, and relegate to 3rd division next season.

Fridge chutney

It is interesting that Barcelona, who i thought were a great club, are turning out to be one of the most corrupt and morally bankrupt institutions in the history of sport. Removes legitimacy from any of their success.

Sad.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
I don't know, I'm still not convinced about this bribing scandal being commited from 2001 to 2018. I think I need one or two more opinions from SAF about José Plaza, the deceased since 1975 Francisco Franco or the lineman of that Anderlecht match just to be sure.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol

According to this leaked Tax Agency document, Negreira's son admitted that:

"A certain vehicle is used to accompany a refereeing team practically every week during their stay in Barcelona (airport, hotel, football stadium,...) also to go to different stadiums with a very high frequency (Valencia, Villareal, Tarragona, Girona and Zaragoza) ..."

Let's remember Barca payed him €10k annually (on top of everything else) just for this service. It is known that he drove the refs to the Camp Nou up until February 2023. We don't know when this service started but there are images of him going in the Camp Mou with the refs since 2015.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
According to this article Negreira Jr. confessed that he spent thousands of euros to "accompany" the referees who refereed for FC Barcelona

Negreira's son admits having spent €96,604.49 in food, representation expenses, rental cars and public transportation in relation to the activities he carried out for Barça (driving and accompanying refs)

In this way Negreira's son recognized that at least part of the money he received from Barça ended up being enjoyed by the same referees who later refereed the Blaugrana team.

Worth noting that this is something Negreira also did. Both Negreira and his son were paid hundreds of thousands euros by Barca, and both spent (at least) dozens of thousands euros in lunch-dinner invitations to refs and other undetermined invitations.

Last edited:

Snatcho 2

Supports
Most spanish sides.
Bullets, threats and burglaries, the dark backstory of the Negreira case

New and lurid details of the plot that splashes Barcelona and the former vice-president of the Technical Committee of Referees.

The Negreira case continues to make increasingly gruesome headlines. On this occasion, as revealed by former La Liga referee Sergi Albert Giménez on Radio Marca, after the pressures he initially denounced, he has received threats from José María Enríquez Negreira's circle, something that has not served much purpose as, according to the former Barcelonian referee, "if they thought I was going to remain mute, they were mistaken".

Albert Giménez denounced the modus operandi of the former vice-president of the Technical Committee of Referees (CTA), assuring that Negreira "has always boasted of influence peddling. He has claimed that he was a leader and led the Referees Committee. I am aware that a referee, Emilio Guruceta, was bought. Enríquez Negreira was his linesman".

After making statements in various media, Sergi Albert Giménez made public in the aforementioned 'Radio Marca' programme that someone had placed a bullet in his parking space which, curiously enough, was located in the same car park where Javier Enríquez Romero, son of Enríquez Negreira, has another parking space.

The bullet, a threat

Far from flinching, Albert Giménez has expressed himself clearly and forcefully: "For me it is a threat. And it could come from Enríquez Negreira's circle. His son, as the owner of the square, knew that I also have a parking space there. In fact, we have coincided in meetings of owners. I am very surprised that they would leave a bullet in my parking space".

Evidently, it is not a pleasant situation for the threatened man, whose cracked voice on Marca's programme suggests that he is not having a good time: "I found out last Thursday. I called the property manager to check and a neighbour who was in the car park also saw it. They called the mossos and filed a report".

These alleged threats are added to other dark episodes affecting the Negreira case, such as the burglary in the house of the judge in charge of the trial.

Source:

https://www.abc.es/deportes/futbol/...ra-trastienda-negreira-20230421095050-nt.html

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
According to this article Negreira Jr. confessed that he spent thousands of euros to "accompany" the referees who refereed for FC Barcelona

Negreira's son admits having spent €96,604.49 in food, representation expenses, rental cars and public transportation in relation to the activities he carried out for Barça (driving and accompanying refs)

In this way Negreira's son recognized that at least part of the money he received from Barça ended up being enjoyed by the same referees who later refereed the Blaugrana team.

Worth noting that this is something Negreira also did. Both Negreira and his son were paid hundreds of thousands euros by Barca, and both spent (at least) dozens of thousands euros in lunch-dinner invitations to refs and other undetermined invitations.

Fantastic this.

Cloudface

Surely this can't result in anything else other than having any trophies in the relevant years removed and a massive fine and relegation.

No club should be paying anyone in the refereeing structure anything. Regardless of what is was for. If this is allowed in any way then a lot of other teams are going to be trying it on. They have to be decimated for this.

Surely this can't result in anything else other than having any trophies in the relevant years removed and a massive fine and relegation.

No club should be paying anyone in the refereeing structure anything. Regardless of what is was for. If this is allowed in any way then a lot of other teams are going to be trying it on. They have to be decimated for this.
It should, but it won't. I'm absolutely certain the Spanish government will step in before it gets that far, both to keep La Liga's reputation intact and to keep the Catalans quiet. Just like the doping 15 years ago the worst will be swept under the rug and there will be a token punishment to show they've done something.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Bullets, threats and burglaries, the dark backstory of the Negreira case

New and lurid details of the plot that splashes Barcelona and the former vice-president of the Technical Committee of Referees.

The Negreira case continues to make increasingly gruesome headlines. On this occasion, as revealed by former La Liga referee Sergi Albert Giménez on Radio Marca, after the pressures he initially denounced, he has received threats from José María Enríquez Negreira's circle, something that has not served much purpose as, according to the former Barcelonian referee, "if they thought I was going to remain mute, they were mistaken".

Albert Giménez denounced the modus operandi of the former vice-president of the Technical Committee of Referees (CTA), assuring that Negreira "has always boasted of influence peddling. He has claimed that he was a leader and led the Referees Committee. I am aware that a referee, Emilio Guruceta, was bought. Enríquez Negreira was his linesman".

After making statements in various media, Sergi Albert Giménez made public in the aforementioned 'Radio Marca' programme that someone had placed a bullet in his parking space which, curiously enough, was located in the same car park where Javier Enríquez Romero, son of Enríquez Negreira, has another parking space.

The bullet, a threat

Far from flinching, Albert Giménez has expressed himself clearly and forcefully: "For me it is a threat. And it could come from Enríquez Negreira's circle. His son, as the owner of the square, knew that I also have a parking space there. In fact, we have coincided in meetings of owners. I am very surprised that they would leave a bullet in my parking space".

Evidently, it is not a pleasant situation for the threatened man, whose cracked voice on Marca's programme suggests that he is not having a good time: "I found out last Thursday. I called the property manager to check and a neighbour who was in the car park also saw it. They called the mossos and filed a report".

These alleged threats are added to other dark episodes affecting the Negreira case, such as the burglary in the house of the judge in charge of the trial.

Source:

https://www.abc.es/deportes/futbol/...ra-trastienda-negreira-20230421095050-nt.html
Donald Laporta Trumps - Make Barcelona Great Again **** or worse, some crime syndicate. Either way his fans will somehow defend these threats.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think we all know this won’t happen. Probably something like €1m fine and no transfers for two windows or something like that. I am definitely not getting my hopes up.

Snatcho 2

Supports
Most spanish sides.
Fantastic this.
I am quite sceptical about this bullet incident. It may be an attempt by this Barcelonian referee to draw attention to himself. Non Spaniard people on this forum may not know that there have been a few cases in Spanish politics of people claiming that they had been threatened by being sent an envelope with bullets in it and that there are many indications that these claims were false, an attempt to play the victim.

Even this accusation against Negreira's circle without any further facts about the police investigation sounds hasty and reckless if the alleged victim believes he has a real police and legal case here.

But, of course, its an interesting an entertaining reading. That's the reason that I posted it. :)

colombianmancunian

Indirect buying of referees. Every day that passes it looks worst for UEFAlona. Hopefully they receive exemplary punishment.

Will their ******* still rave about being “mes que un club” and about “Humildat y valors”. Hypocrite cnuts.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
According to this article Bertomeu would go to Negreira's office and would receive Whatsapp messages directly from Negreira's son.

So far, Barca presidents have been trying to minimize their involvement with both Negreira and his son. Bertomeu had said that he merely knew Negreira by sight.

On the other hand, Negreira said that he would meet with Barca president up to 6 times a year. This new article agrees with his version.

According to this article Negreira's son has been a Barca socio since he was 15 years old. There is proof of his payments of the annual socio fee.

As he played in Barca's lower categories he also is part of the "Group of Veteran players" from Barca and would train twice a week with such group and play football matches with them.

(As an anecdote: he also played for Espanyol lower categories before playing for Barca's. But he declared he was a culé all along in an article back in the day)

Last edited:

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
In his recent PC Laporta argued that Barca had paid Negreira €7,3M during 17 years in exchange for reports. He showed 4 boxes containing 629 written reports and 43 DVDs.

According to this article Negreira's son declared to the Spanish Tax Agency that Barca knew that he was the one who made the reports (not his father). He also estimates their value in €20 per match evaluated.

629x20= €12,580 very far away from the €7,3M

He also declared he only made 2 or 3 videoreports, so we don't know where those 43 DVDs that Laporta showed come from.

----- ----- ----- -----

In the following chart you can see the justification for some of Barca payments to Negreira. I would specially refer you to the 7th row, where he charged Barca €145k for recording and viewing (not even making reports) the Brazil 2014 World Cup. Again very far away from the 20€ per match.

Last edited:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Italian press writing that Barcelona have met Ceferin and asked to close his eyes in exchange of SuperLeague withdrawal!?

Dansk

In the following chart you can see the justification for some of Barca payments to Negreira. I would specially refer you to the 7th column, where he charged Barca €145k for recording and viewing (not even making reports) the Brazil 2014 World Cup. Again very far away from the 20€ per match.
For what legitimate reason would Barcelona pay €145k to the vice president of the Spanish refereeing association for... recording and watching the World Cup? Like, what? That's so absolutely bizarre that one is almost tempted to believe it just because anyone who was faking these records would surely have come up with something less ridiculous. Might as well have said they paid him large sums of money to listen to Coldplay albums or something. Just baffling. With the other stuff they claim to have paid him for, at least there's the pretense of them getting something in return, even if it's still a very flimsy explanation with little real credibility. This all reads like some kids pretending to be conducting financial crimes as a classroom activity, like when they pretend to hold elections or play out courtroom trials. How on Earth did professional adults manage to put together something this utterly absurd?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
There is no legitimate reason to do that, no.

But to be fair, they weren't caught until recently. So it worked reasonably well.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The Negreira son claiming the reports were worth 20 euros is a little silly. Working 10 hours for 20 euros worth of payments (which is what he claims there, that the payments equalled his salary from Dasnil) makes no sense.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
How on Earth did professional adults manage to put together something this utterly absurd?
Agreed. But this is where we are. Another example of absurd and stupid cover:

Laporta, I kid you not, in his PC argued that nowadays is very easy to do the scouting thanks to YouTube, but before they had to pay for such knowledge, and therefore they paid Negreira for his scouting services.

They stopped paying Negreira in 2018 (when he stopped being the ref VP). I guess he wants us to think YouTube wasn't around until 2018...

The Negreira son claiming the reports were worth 20 euros is a little silly. Working 10 hours for 20 euros worth of payments (which is what he claims there, that the payments equalled his salary from Dasnil) makes no sense.
Well, some reports were simply an analysis of ref performance in a single match, so only 2? hours of work. Such as the following one:

Then he also provided reports about the refs that Barca would have in the following matches (the same refs he would drive to the stadiums and treat to dinner, ect) and he would allegedly spend 10 hours in those (too much if you ask me, they are short and are full of nonsense and grammar errors). Such as the following one:

But yeah, I agree that €20 seems low (although €20 in 2001 is not the same as €20 nowadays).
Specially because he also declared that he managed to sell them for €52 a piece to Mundo Deportivo (a Barca-centered newspaper) in 2018 after being sacked by Barca. But anyway, that is what he declared to the tax agency.

In any case, it looks like this reports were mainly covers in case anyone asked. Because none of them reached Barca coaches or their staff. Negreira's son estimation of their value just gives an idea of much Barca overpayed for them.

Last edited:

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
Interesting news:

According to this article Negreira's son made reports evaluating the refs in relation to future promotions or relegations to another division.

He did these reports for 'Dasnil 95', his father's company. The same company where Negreira received a big part of the €7.3M from Barca (there are 7 other companies)

So, in summary:
--Refs for a long time though there was a 'black hand' in the Technical Committee of Referees that influenced refs promotions and relegations.
---Negreira, as the VP of this committee, had access to all the evaluation reports of the referees and could manipulate them, influencing on who was promoted and who was demoted.
--So far it was thought that he only had influence through the so-called "corrupting coefficient" that was applied to the final evaluation of the yearly performance of the refs. This coefficient was given by the ref commitee and was never explained. It had a lot of influence on the final evaluation.
--According to the article above Negreira had even more influence on the ref evaluations. His own son made reports on ref evaluations. In theory, this is something that only people in the ref committee (like his father) could do. Negreira's son did the reports for his father's company.

Worth remembering that:
--At the same time, both Negreira and his son got paid millions by Barca.
--At the same time as Negreira's son did ref reports for the VP of the ref commitee (his father) he also did them for Barca.
--At the same time, Negreira's son was the mental coach for first division refs.
--At the same time, Negreira's son drove the refs to the Camp Nou and other stadiums almost on a weekly basis. On one of those occasions he allegedly told the refs: “You already know: here, calm down. Barcelona has a lot at stake and you can´t hesitate. You are more than prepared. You know exactly what you have to do."
--Negreira's son was a Barca socio since he was 15 and played for Barca farm system.

Also worth remembering that the Prosecution believes Barca paid Negreira to "carry out actions tending to favor the FCB in the decision-making of the referees in the matches played by the Club, and thus in the results of the competitions"

Last edited:

Tarrou

so they paid millions for expert reports from a former refs son?

fecking disgrace if true and they get away with this

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
so they paid millions for expert reports from a former refs son?

fecking disgrace if true and they get away with this
Barca declared they paid millions for reports.

Negreira declared and the prosecution believes that they actually paid to influence the refereering:
Negreira's son was in direct contact with the refs as their mental coach. He would evaluate the refs for his father, VP of ref committee.
Negreira allegedly promoted the more 'susceptible' refs and demote the less so.
Negreira's son would drive the refs to stadiums, specially Camp Nou.
Both Negreira and his son spent tens thousands of euros coming from Barca on presents or invitations to the refs.

Last edited:

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
According to this article the son of Negreira (who made ref reports for his father who allegedly used them to decide which referees should be promoted or demoted) kept track of the refs who harmed or benefited Barça through penalties and yellow and red cards.

He kept track of several categories such as:

-HARMED: suffered fouls that the ref didn't awarded
-HARMED: inexistent fouls that the ref awarded
-HARMED: yellow cards not showed to rivals
-HARMED: incorrect yellow cards showed to Barca
-HARMED: red cards not showed to rivals

-BENEFITED: inexistent fouls from the rivals that the ref awarded
-BENEFITED: incorrect yellow cards showed to the rival
-BENEFITED: deserved yellow cards not showed to Barca
-BENEFITED: incorrect red cards showed to the rival

arthurka

According to this article the son of Negreira (who made ref reports for his father who allegedly used them to decide which referees should be promoted or demoted) kept track of the refs who harmed or benefited Barça through penalties and yellow and red cards.

Red good right?

colombianmancunian

Fantastic info as always. Surely with all the evidence against them, they will be punished.