Ole anger with Lingard

NWRed

I don't necessarily agree with what he does as i am older than him, but people need to get some form of a grip on themselves. Rooney shagged grannies, Giggs shagged his brothers wife. Where's your morals lads?
Just for perspective:
Shameful behaviour, I don't think he respects the fans or the club, time to get rid of this disgrace

ryansgirl

Judging from his Instagram videos Lingard's immature if not a bit weird, but is it really worth getting annoyed about? The videos are cringe worthy but ultimately harmless. Surely there's enough to discuss about his footballing ability without having to drag his social media videos into it.
I think most people don't realise Jesse's also having a laugh at himself as well in some videos. I read a lot about his supposed lack of consciousness but I think he simply enjoys hyping and over-hyping things. He's a bit of a prankster, I'd rather have that than some of the miserable shites in professional sports.

I like the way he's accessible to fans, something that's becoming rare in this day and age. I recall some posts on here a while go about Chicarito taking time to greet fans and sign autographs after games while other players - forget or didn't know who they are - made sure they just nicked off despite being paid in one week what the majority of fans are not paid in two years. Jesse's attitude to fans does the club proud. As well as Marcus' attitude.

StrettyEnder07

No, it wouldn't be what the company deemed inappropriate. Companies can't make up their own employment law. :lol:

Seeing as you are the "boy" when it comes to employment law, here's a real life one for you that happened to me few years back.

Went to Braga with a mate to watch United, for a laugh he filmed me running, drunk, and diving head first into a massive rose bush (yes acting a bell, was a laugh).

Got home I posted it on FB thinking bit of fun bit of a laugh. Went to work on the Monday and I got hauled in front of the in-house lawyer and HR and actually got given a written warning because of it and had to take it down.

I argued and fought it and was told it is covered under the terms of my employment.

I thought it was bullsh*t at the time but couldn't do anything about it.

Thoughts?

You could do. Or, if you could actually qualify what Lingard did wrong, you wouldn't need to write a list bullet pointing the various things unrelated to what Lingard supposedly did. But you can't. So, why don't you tell me what Lingard would be disciplined for? Shouldn't be too hard. It's not rocket science after all.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
I have no idea why that video would cause him any trouble. Stupid, yes. Worth of caution? no

ryansgirl

Bloody hell this got a bit serious, who the hell has said anything about none consensual sex?????????

I am assuming you have no seen the Neymar video then, that the woman planted in his room, she attacked him started punching him and then cried rape, so that is a non-starter.

Ronaldo we will have to wait and see, but there is quite a lot of evidence to suggest this is now a regular thing against footballers, Ched Evans anyone? And the fact that the women doing this to these footballers are getting off scot free means it will keep happening.

Anyway my post has absolutely zero to do with any consensual or none consensual sex so no idea why you are going on about it.
I meant that given all the outrage about some stupid but harmless comments about action in the hotel rooms, there should be some perspective. The outrage against Jesse is in keeping with non consensual actions, not fitting laddish comments.

It seems there could be more to the Neymar situation but again, I never said I presumed his guilt or innocence. I don't want players with court cases hanging over them recruited to Manchester United, that's all. Any court cases are negative publicity for a sporting team.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So you are basically saying that I could now, run out of my office stark naked screaming the name of the company I work for and I could not be fired because that action is not specifically named in my contract of employment?

Absolue bullsh*t lad

Also, regarding his video he posted this week, not said once he can be sacked for it but he can be warned/disciplined for it, which I believe he is being (although it won't be stated in his contract specifically, his actions have been deemed inappropriate enough for a warning).

What I said he could have been in a shed load of trouble for was the video of the coach being attacked that he posted online, United could have thrown the book at him for that as I would imagine, they would not have wanted any videos/pictures leaked to media or press.

You are right about one thing, it's not rocket science is it lad.
Sure, go ahead, and after you are arrested under The Public Order Act of 1986 you can explain to them how little you understand of employment law as well what is considered a public order offence. Are you struggling to see the difference between public nudity and... what exactly? Because this is the third time I’ve asked you to specify what he did that he would be disciplined for. You’ve told me about plenty of things that he could get called up for, but not what I actually asked for. There’s a reason why you can’t answer it pal.

Thanks, but I don’t know why you’re telling me that, unless you think being disciplined is the same thing as being sacked.

Correct. If you don’t have a grasp on this, you’re fecked when it comes to rocket science.

Edit:

As for your other post. I’ll put it here because you made a hash of formatting it.

That would be public disorder and damage to personal/public property.

Either your made up examples are terrible, or it’s laughable that you’re outraged at this after admitting to conducting yourself in that manner.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because the other thread wasnt enough? We needed 2 huh?

Green_Red

And yet he'd be the worst bloke in the world if he filmed the women concerned, not even during the action, but just in the hotel rooms fully dressed. It would be slammed as disrespectful to show them.
No well thats not what I meant. I was implying there werent any. Typical mid 20 somethings holiday. Probably only one of them pulled... I have this vision in my head of Rashbonedawhore and Lingash being some sort of Man Utd inbetweeners sketch.

Irrational.

Beans, beans beans!

He's harmless but doesn't do himself any favours getting the fans on his side. With the club in the state it's in he should be keeping a low profile. It'd be a different story if he was decent and coming off the back of a trophy-winning season.

hobbers

To be fair to JLINGZ he's best making the most of it.

His United career (and by extension his Prem career) is probably only going to be as long as Ole's tenure. And at this rate that's not gonna be very long.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think most people don't realise Jesse's also having a laugh at himself as well in some videos. I read a lot about his supposed lack of consciousness but I think he simply enjoys hyping and over-hyping things. He's a bit of a prankster, I'd rather have that than some of the miserable shites in professional sports.

I like the way he's accessible to fans, something that's becoming rare in this day and age. I recall some posts on here a while go about Chicarito taking time to greet fans and sign autographs after games while other players - forget or didn't know who they are - made sure they just nicked off despite being paid in one week what the majority of fans are not paid in two years. Jesse's attitude to fans does the club proud. As well as Marcus' attitude.
Yeah, I agree, I think Lingard hams it up for the cameras a bit, he knows his audience and even if Redcafe don't like it his audience seems to. It's cliche but I think he's just a lad living his dream of playing for United, like you said he always seems to take his time to greet fans and for that I reckon he can do what he likes on his Instagram/Snapchat.

StrettyEnder07

Sure, go ahead, and after you are arrested under The Public Order Act of 1986 you can explain to them how little you understand of employment law as well what is considered a public order offence. Are you struggling to see the difference between public nudity and... what exactly? Because this is the third time I’ve asked you to specify what he did that he would be disciplined for. You’ve told me about plenty of things that he could get called up for, but not what I actually asked for. There’s a reason why you can’t answer it pal.

Thanks, but I don’t know why you’re telling me that, unless you think being disciplined is the same thing as being sacked.

Correct. If you don’t have a grasp on this, you’re fecked when it comes to rocket science.

Edit:

As for your other post. I’ll put it here because you made a hash of formatting it.

That would be public disorder and damage to personal/public property.

Either your made up examples are terrible, or it’s laughable that you’re outraged at this after admitting to conducting yourself in that manner.
For the 3rd time Pal, did not say he could be sacked for the video but the West Ham coach video that was posted a few seasons ago, you get that through your head mate? You have asked a few times, and the same answer has been given, the WEST HAM VIDEO, ok? cheers.

The examples by bullet point were just random examples of stuff he could do that may not be specified in his contract, but as you rightly point out they will be in the 86 Public Order Act.

So I am now assuming that there is a Social Media Act that provides the same service as the Public Order Act? Which specifies every single act you can do on social media and what the employment punishment should be? That's what you're getting at yes? That every action on social media is pinpointed so your company cannot generalise what you done for punishment, discipline or cause to be sacked?

If so, could you let me know what act this is, interested to have a look at this, because this will be the only thing to back your argument up that he is not liable under his contract for anything he does on social media and basically cannot be punished unless it is specifically clarified, correct?

Also, who said anyone is outraged by this? Have a look at my posts, simply said the bloke is a shit footballer and an absolute melt as well, who needs binning off ASAP, so do me a favour and dont make up shit to try and be the big man, it doesn't work.

Cheers lad, enjoy your beer after work but by the sounds of it, it will be back to your bedroom and some light public order reading zzzzzz

I'm off to meet the lads for a few pints, have fun scrolling through Google to come to my points above, by which time I will be full of beer.

Reddy Rederson

clearly I am old because 1) I missed some people's irony on social media and 2) I've never heard anyone being called a "melt" (I will now use it in the office regularly so they younger people therein think I'm hip and cool!) :p:lol:
I read "spoon eating cnut" the other day. First time Ive ever seen or heard the expression. I have no idea what it means, but Im still laughing and plan on using it regularly. The young ones really do have the best lingo. I have heard melt before though, but again, no idea what it means other than its not nice.

Last edited:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
To be honest if I was a young, rich footballer I'd be taking ridiculous holidays pumping everything that moves too...

ryansgirl

And as for that West Ham video - please explain again just why it was so terrible that Jesse was hamming it up while the West Ham would-be-thugs did their stuff. One or two players looked to be lying down, others were checking their phones, Jesse was making fun of the idiocy of the situation outside.

A few posters before decided to get on their high horses about that and talk about him being sacked for it, etc. It seems logic is not their forte. Just like the way some of them accuse him of thinking losing with United is a laugh - they obviously have not seen some of the post game reactions of his that I have.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I read "spoon eating cnut" the other day. First time Ive ever seen or heard the expression. I have no idea what it means, but Im still laughing and plan on using it regularly. The young ones really do have the best lingo. I have heard melt before though, but again, no idea what it means other than its nice.
I hope you haven't been calling people a melt to compliment them...?

...if so, I have news for you...

Filipe

Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I saw the video and it just seemed like a harmless bit of fun, let the guy enjoy himself on his holiday.

Le Red

You both realise I said that tongue in cheek right? It's a long-running joke that he's managed to camouflage himself as a youngster.
I'm not sure they knew because there are a lot of individuals, professional football critics included, who are fooled by his kid disguise.

Reddy Rederson

I hope you haven't been calling people a melt to compliment them...?

...if so, I have news for you...
God damn fecking brain :lol:. Ive said it in my head, so I think Ive typed it. The amount of times I do this. I actually just did it again, but caught it before hitting post reply :lol: I type too fast is my problem.

Adcuth

Exactly what "brand" does he have? Is he even popular or talented enough to deem himself a brand?

Reddy Rederson

I don't necessarily agree with what he does as i am older than him, but people need to get some form of a grip on themselves. Rooney shagged grannies, Giggs shagged his brothers wife. Where's your morals lads?
Just for perspective:
Self serving video. Pushing the brand.

Now back to rooney and these grannies. What did I miss?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
For the 3rd time Pal, did not say he could be sacked for the video but the West Ham coach video that was posted a few seasons ago, you get that through your head mate? You have asked a few times, and the same answer has been given, the WEST HAM VIDEO, ok? cheers.

The examples by bullet point were just random examples of stuff he could do that may not be specified in his contract, but as you rightly point out they will be in the 86 Public Order Act.

So I am now assuming that there is a Social Media Act that provides the same service as the Public Order Act? Which specifies every single act you can do on social media and what the employment punishment should be? That's what you're getting at yes? That every action on social media is pinpointed so your company cannot generalise what you done for punishment, discipline or cause to be sacked?

If so, could you let me know what act this is, interested to have a look at this, because this will be the only thing to back your argument up that he is not liable under his contract for anything he does on social media and basically cannot be punished unless it is specifically clarified, correct?

Also, who said anyone is outraged by this? Have a look at my posts, simply said the bloke is a shit footballer and an absolute melt as well, who needs binning off ASAP, so do me a favour and dont make up shit to try and be the big man, it doesn't work.

Cheers lad, enjoy your beer after work but by the sounds of it, it will be back to your bedroom and some light public order reading zzzzzz

I'm off to meet the lads for a few pints, have fun scrolling through Google to come to my points above, by which time I will be full of beer.
Let me get this straight. I have a conversation with Robbie about this video for which you quote me. I then ask you to qualify what he did in this video, because that's what I and Robbie were discussing, and you get sarky and list a load of things that he could get disciplined that are completely unrelated to this video. So I ask you again what he's getting called up for in this video, and then you pivot to 'WEST HAM VIDEO' which is completely unrelated to this thread and more specifically the post I made for which you quoted. You understand how threads work, yes? You haven't mentioned the WEST HAM VIDEO to me several times. If you can't handle more than one conversation at a time without getting confused then don't bother.

Eh? For the 3rd time I have had to outline I've not said sacked. The post you are responding to has not implied sacking, nor at any point have I implied you've said he would be sacked. Why do you keep prattling on about it?

You can assume it if you like, youve imagined assumed everything else in this thread. No there isn't. But you can't discipline someone over something just because you don't like it. There has to be justification for it, otherwise you'll get your arse sued to high heaven. That's why I keep asking you to specify what he would be specifically disciplined for. But through either a poor comprehension of English, a misinterpretation of this conversation, a lack of understanding of the constructs of how threads work, or sheer stupidity, you still haven't qualified specifically what he would be disciplined for in this video. I suggest after your beer with the Ladz you might want to reread the flow of our conversation and accept what a dick you've been throughout, and realise dropping in WEST HAM VIDEO midway through the conversation doesn't magically change what was said before it.

Have fun and try to keep your clothes on.

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I have little time for Lingard as a footballer, but there is absolutely nothing in that video. I really, really dislike how entitled some people feel to have some sort of 360 say in someone else’s life because they are famous. He’s famous for being a footballer, by all means judge him on that. Off the pitch, the Police can judge him if he breaks a law, but just because he plays for the team you support, doesn’t entitle people to a say on his fecking personal holidays, taste in music, fashion or choice of dance moves.

If I made that same video on holiday with my mates (tbh I’m sure I have, from that very same hotel - The Fontainebleu in Miami) nobody would give a shit. ‘But you’re not a footballer’ is the best people can come up with as to why it would be okay for me? So what?
Sorry but if you post your shit on an open to the public social media account you are absolutely opening yourself up to be judged commented on and questioned. If your keeping your life to yourself on the other hand I completely agree with you.

I don't see how anyone is supposed by this, he is an irritating little gob shite and always will be. He is United's answer to father dougal macguire

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sorry but if you post your shit on an open to the public social media account you are absolutely opening yourself up to be judged commented on and questioned. If your keeping your life to yourself on the other hand I completely agree with you.

I don't see how anyone is supposed by this, he is an irritating little gob shite and always will be. He is United's answer to father dougal macguire
Well he posted it on his own Snapchat. It wasn’t an article in the Times or anything. His Snapchat is about HIS life. People may think he’s a knob or whatever if they watch it, fair enough, but people feel entitled to go beyond that, to say he shouldn’t be doing this or that, like mind your fecking business and live your own life instead of obsessing over that of a celebrity.

Rish Sawhney

Just because something is public doesn't mean everyone has to have an opinion about it. Especially with the rise in social media, we have to personally be responsible in what we choose to be outraged by. And the people choosing to be outraged over this are even less mature than Lingard himself (who's obviously in a stage of arrested development cos he got rich and famous pretty early on in life).

Godfather

All the justifications for that embarrassment because he signs some shirts for 10 year olds.

If he was delivering on the pitch no one would give a feck. But that guy has been stealing a living for far too long now. Paired with his childish and embarrassing behavior off the pitch it just draws a very bad picture of him and the club.

And those comparing him to Cantona and the likes. feck off. Cantona was brilliant on the pitch and for his kick: I'd rather have a proper guy playing for us that kicks the shit out of people shouting abuse at him than a guy with 27 years of age screaming beans beans beans on social media.

bdspeedy

Stupid, goofy, sophomoric video. 26 ish yo dude needs to grow up and mind his football. Unless he steps up his performance on the pitch, his ONLY value
will be as a VETERAN SQUAD player and mentor to the younger lads coming up. Especially those he's on holiday with here. Subpar example Jesse. Subpar.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Cut him some slack lads, I know he's a bit immature but he's only 12.

Member 101269

If it's just about him I don't give one. I'm more concerned that there is a lack of thought from JLingz about the impact of the video on others career and the club. He's a senior player, if he can't handle that he's gone

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
27 year olds are immature as feck. You’ll realise that when you look back on your younger self in another 10 or 20 years time.
If it werent for me having a new born at 26 I'd probably have carried on being an imature wrongun into my 30s.... a few of my mates are still on that path ffs.