Ole anger with Lingard

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Even if it was about shagging. He's a famous 20 something footballer on holiday with his mates, what else do you expect him to be doing? :lol:
That's a fair enough view dude and I'd probably be the same (but with much better dress sense and a far less crap nickname) but it's the stupidity he's shown posting the video. Dumb. Thoughtless. Unprofessional. Like it or not, if you play for a big club you are a role model.

Enigma_87

You know who
Haha yeah I get that mate, as have said it doesn't make me angry or anything like just look at it and think "feck sake, my mates who support city/liverpool etc gonna have a field day with this", he just makes me cringe and think would rather him going out just getting smashed (Grelish passed out on the pavement type haha) rather than all his shite with "beans beans beans" and stuff.

My big worry is not him as to be honest wouldn't bat an eyelid if he fell of the face of the earth tomorrow, can't stand the bloke. It's the fact that when Rash first came on the scene he was grounded, hard working, local lad loving playing for United, now he seems to have turned the same way and his form has gone with it.
To be honest you have to be happy he isn't more talented. Imagine a Gazza type with a clothing line and tons of exposure in social media. He'll convert more than just Rashford :D

He's an absolute weapon on those videos no doubt, not the funny/positive Evra guy, but I tend to just let that crap flow and not overly engage, tbh. Especially with ton of other nutters coming out like that day after day. If it was Neymar or Ronaldo and took a toll on his game directly reflecting on our form and results yeah would be pissed, but Lingard.. :lol:

SteveTheRed

I think the anger mainly stems from how far detached fans and players are now.

I really don't think it's that crazy a 27 year old single lad is messing about, acting a fool. This has happened since the dawn of man. It's the fact it's all blasted over social media, share a million times.

I think Lingard needs to realise that he has a million followers because of United, not because of him personally. A lot of fans just watch that and think what a prat and are only thinking of one thing "Is this a good look for Man United?" And the answer is probably not.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Ole angry? Would pay to see that.

He posts at least 1 stupid video per day. Do you think it doesn't affect our brand? If I was a sponsor of United I would never want to see idiots like Lingard doing shit like that. It seems we are the only club in the world tolerating this crap, imagine having clowns like Jesse in the dressing room...
You need to watch his Molde training vids.

MuranoLover

What a fecking idiot , just sell him , I do not wanna see him playing with our shirt .

ryansgirl

This is an outstandingly dumb argument.

How is the existence of the video in any way connected to a few famously unreliable, gossip based, garbage newspapers that routinely invent things and have been exposed as doing so on multiple occasions, running a clickbait story to do a bit of shit stirring in a pissed off fanbase. Please, explain to me why I should take the words of those rags as gospel.
I've defended Jesse and Marcus on here and I really like both lads. Of course they're having fun on holiday but the fact is whether it was intentional or not and it seems he accidentally uploaded it, the video has entered the public domain.

Nobody's saying you should accept the tabloids' 'news' as gospel but Jesse has really put himself out there on social media and with this, you don't need to add anything - it's private stupidity with a stupid mate that has been made public by Jesse.

That's the reality here. So yes, Jesse will be hammered for that video because it is public, in full sight. As I have pointed out in other posts, people need to get indignant about the real issues of some footballers' attitudes and behaviour - there have been some examples of scumbag behaviour. This is not.

When Jesse and Marcus publicly represent the club in official events they're good ambassadors and I love seeing those videos of both communicating with fans. However, both of them, Jesse in particular, will be in the media's sights because they play for Manchester United. Ole has every right to talk to him about it, regardless of whether some tabloid is exaggerating this or not. I would expect Ole to do that because Jesse does represent his organisation. In fact if Ole didn't have a talk with him and Marcus about keeping a lower profile I would queston Ole's managerial capabilities.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I have little time for Lingard as a footballer, but there is absolutely nothing in that video. I really, really dislike how entitled some people feel to have some sort of 360 say in someone else’s life because they are famous. He’s famous for being a footballer, by all means judge him on that. Off the pitch, the Police can judge him if he breaks a law, but just because he plays for the team you support, doesn’t entitle people to a say on his fecking personal holidays, taste in music, fashion or choice of dance moves.

If I made that same video on holiday with my mates (tbh I’m sure I have, from that very same hotel - The Fontainebleu in Miami) nobody would give a shit. ‘But you’re not a footballer’ is the best people can come up with as to why it would be okay for me? So what?

El Zoido

I can’t bloody stand him. Guess I’m just at the age now where I can no longer relate to modern young footballers. I’m now the old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Things like inappropriate behaviour, bring the company's name into distribute etc.

Thanks for the good luck message but not required, seems to be common sense to me
'Inappropriate behaviour' would have to be qualified. Go ahead.

Snafu17

I've defended Jesse and Marcus on here and I really like both lads. Of course they're having fun on holiday but the fact is whether it was intentional or not and it seems he accidentally uploaded it, the video has entered the public domain.

Nobody's saying you should accept the tabloids' 'news' as gospel but Jesse has really put himself out there on social media and with this, you don't need to add anything - it's private stupidity with a stupid mate that has been made public by Jesse.

That's the reality here. So yes, Jesse will be hammered for that video because it is public, in full sight. As I have pointed out in other posts, people need to get indignant about the real issues of some footballers' attitudes and behaviour - there have been some examples of scumbag behaviour. This is not.

When Jesse and Marcus publicly represent the club in official events they're good ambassadors and I love seeing those videos of both communicating with fans. However, both of them, Jesse in particular, will be in the media's sights because they play for Manchester United. Ole has every right to talk to him about it, regardless of whether some tabloid is exaggerating this or not. I would expect Ole to do that because Jesse does represent his organisation. In fact if Ole didn't have a talk with him and Marcus about keeping a lower profile I would queston Ole's managerial capabilities.
I generally agree with you, but that's not the point. We don't know if Ole's upset with Lingard, but we have a whole thread debating this calamity as if it is a fact.

ivaldo

You were never told by your corporate governance section that by openly stating where you work, you are therefore representing the company? Fair enough.

FYI, couldn’t give a toss what Lingard does on social media. I have zero interest in it myself, personally.
It would be written into the employees handbook. Doesn't mean what Lingard did would fall foul of it though. You would have to actually specify what he did wrong.

StrettyEnder07

To be honest you have to be happy he isn't more talented. Imagine a Gazza type with a clothing line and tons of exposure in social media. He'll convert more than just Rashford :D

He's an absolute weapon on those videos no doubt, not the funny/positive Evra guy, but I tend to just let that crap flow and not overly engage, tbh. Especially with ton of other nutters coming out like that day after day. If it was Neymar or Ronaldo and took a toll on his game directly reflecting on our form and results yeah would be pissed, but Lingard.. :lol:
Yeah I'm the same bud, just bored in work so got involved in the thread, personally avoid Lingard and all his stuff as much as I can as just makes me cringe.

All being well we buy a decent RW and this little waste of space runs out of luck and is shipped out, I am just hoping Ole sticks to his word of being ruthless and see's that he is a disease in the dressing room, especially the way Rash is going.

It is either moaning about lack of transfers or moaning about social media until August when we can all get back to moaning about United again haha

ryansgirl

To Snafu17, I see your point. I also just looked at one of the 'newspapers' in question and it's presenting that as fact and enjoying stirring the pot.

TrueRed79

I don't necessarily agree with what he does as i am older than him, but people need to get some form of a grip on themselves. Rooney shagged grannies, Giggs shagged his brothers wife. Where's your morals lads?
Just for perspective:

Sir Scott McToMinay

I don't necessarily agree with what he does as i am older than him, but people need to get some form of a grip on themselves. Rooney shagged grannies, Giggs shagged his brothers wife. Where's your morals lads?
Just for perspective:
Rather Lingard shagged grannies than acting like he does.

I feel for these young people if this is their idol, I really really do.
They’re the ones who’ll be buying his caps and jackets.
Poor lads.

Irwin99

Just out of interest, what would his transfer value be worth if he was put on the transfer list (doubt it will happen). 20 million? Not a great deal of goals or assists but a regular England international (English tax) ?

CM

Just out of interest, what would his transfer value be worth if he was put on the transfer list (doubt it will happen). 20 million? Not a great deal of goals or assists but a regular England international (English tax) ?
Probably £5-10m given he's on 100 grand a week.

Robbie Boy

It would be written into the employees handbook. Doesn't mean what Lingard did would fall foul of it though. You would have to actually specify what he did wrong.
Fair enough just more a point that most organisations nowadays are really pushing things like naming the company you work for on social media etc.

My point was meant in a broad context. I haven’t actually watched any of Lingards social media escapades nor do I intent to. What I care about is his performances on the pitch which in all honesty, were nowhere near good enough last season.

StrettyEnder07

'Inappropriate behaviour' would have to be qualified. Go ahead.
It would be what the company deemed as inappropriate, they are not going to have bullet points for every single offence you could do are they Einstein, could you imagine the contract.

Inappropriate behaviour, this means any of the following:
Public order (which would need to be broken down)
Criminal damage (would need to be broken down)
Indecent exposure
Fighting
GBH
ABH
Domestic Violence
Violence against colleagues
Bullying
Robbing cars
Breaking into property
Slapping an elderly person
Kicking off wing mirror

You could go on for hours, they are not going to specially mention every thing you could do that would warrant a warning or be a sackable offence are they.

If you are just talking about social media, if they generalise it to no racism, no gender discrimination, no abusive or bullying intent and you then post a video of you doing something horrendous that is not in your contract, the company is screwed.

They will have it in the contract that it is at their discretion to decide on what they deem as inappropriate.

Do we now understand? Not rocket science to be fair is it.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Bournemouth paid 30m for Ibe, I suppose we could get a similar fee, finding someone stupid enough to pay that + his salary would be very difficult though.

billybee99

I don't care what Lingard does in his spare time or on social media. I have not watched the video and I have no intention or desire to do so. What I do care about is that Lingard is one of the worst players to get regular minutes that I have ever seen in a United shirt. His dances and his songs and beans and the rest don't bother me in the least. What bothers me is his lack of goals and assists and dribbling skills and his fear of showing for the ball or taking on defenders.

Reactions: nimic

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Judging from his Instagram videos Lingard's immature if not a bit weird, but is it really worth getting annoyed about? The videos are cringe worthy but ultimately harmless. Surely there's enough to discuss about his footballing ability without having to drag his social media videos into it.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Wayne Rooney is one of the greatest Manchester United players of all time, there’s no place for comparison between the two.
If Lingard played anywhere near as good as Rooney I couldn’t care less if he was doing heroin.
Rooney's records are exceptional. And yet somehow he remains unloved amongst a large percentage of the fan base.

Last edited:

StrettyEnder07

Fair enough just more a point that most organisations nowadays are really pushing things like naming the company you work for on social media etc.

My point was meant in a broad context. I haven’t actually watched any of Lingards social media escapades nor do I intent to. What I care about is his performances on the pitch which in all honesty, were nowhere near good enough last season.
The video he took the other day he can't get fired for, probably warned but things like the video on the West Ham coach when it got wrecked, that he could have easily gotten hammered for as it would likely have gone against what United would have wanted released.

There won't be specific things in his contract but companies now, as you say, are protecting themselves against Social Media, especially where I work there is a massive part in the contract specifying what can happen if you break their rules and guidelines on it.

ryansgirl

So now you are comparing Lingard to Neymar???

If Lingard produced the performances that Neymar would then he can motorboat the queen for all I care.

When he is dire at his job, a bad influence in the dressing room, has zero professionalism and is robbing a living and being a complete helmet in the process, he can make his way out of the door
Neymar is involved in a sexual assault case at the present time - no I am not judging him prematurely but regardless of his innocence or lack thereof, it's an ugly look. I don't care how well he plays - I don't want him near our club.

Christiano Ronaldo is alleged to have raped a woman on holiday shortly before he signed with Real Madrid or after he signed for that club. His case is on-going because she said she was paid off but then wanted to see justice done.

It sounds iffy but fixers are paid handsomely to keep people quiet by negotiating with them and to come up with solutions when footballer players and others are in scandalous or potentially scandalous situations. Again I am not presuming he did it.

Jesse jokes about the action the hotel rooms of him and his mates have seen and until we learn otherwise, we can presume it was consensual.

ivaldo

That's what should matter. Unfortunately, plenty of people willfully conflate that with what we see off the pitch in order to channel their outrage. Anyone seriously offended or ashamed of Lingards shitty video should get out more

clarkydaz

Rather Lingard shagged grannies than acting like he does.

I feel for these young people if this is their idol, I really really do.
They’re the ones who’ll be buying his caps and jackets.
Poor lads.
In the hotel vid he is laughing at his mate 'wanking into his hand'. Sure those kids will be asking dad about that. But its just bantz innit

ryansgirl

he talks about how much action the bed has seen and yet in nearly every picture he is stood there beside his mates, not a woman to be seen. The only action that bed seen was Palmela and her five sisters! What male who thinks he's a player with the ladies rents a room with 4 lads in Miami?
And yet he'd be the worst bloke in the world if he filmed the women concerned, not even during the action, but just in the hotel rooms fully dressed. It would be slammed as disrespectful to show them.

Irwin99

Probably £5-10m given he's on 100 grand a week.
That still seems quite low, i presume Everton or Wolves could just about afford to pay him at least 80 grand a week.

Bournemouth paid 30m for Ibe, I suppose we could get a similar fee, finding someone stupid enough to pay that + his salary would be very difficult though.
I'd be ecstatic at getting 30 million for him.

StrettyEnder07

Neymar is involved in a sexual assault case at the present time - no I am not judging him prematurely but regardless of his innocence or lack thereof, it's an ugly look. I don't care how well he plays - I don't want him near our club.

Christiano Ronaldo is alleged to have raped a woman on holiday shortly before he signed with Real Madrid or after he signed for that club. His case is on-going because she said she was paid off but then wanted to see justice done.

It sounds iffy but fixers are paid handsomely to keep people quiet by negotiating with them and to come up with solutions when footballer players and others are in scandalous or potentially scandalous situations. Again I am not presuming he did it.

Jesse jokes about the action the hotel rooms of him and his mates have seen and until we learn otherwise, we can presume it was consensual.
Bloody hell this got a bit serious, who the hell has said anything about none consensual sex?????????

I am assuming you have no seen the Neymar video then, that the woman planted in his room, she attacked him started punching him and then cried rape, so that is a non-starter.

Ronaldo we will have to wait and see, but there is quite a lot of evidence to suggest this is now a regular thing against footballers, Ched Evans anyone? And the fact that the women doing this to these footballers are getting off scot free means it will keep happening.

Anyway my post has absolutely zero to do with any consensual or none consensual sex so no idea why you are going on about it.

ivaldo

It would be what the company deemed as inappropriate, they are not going to have bullet points for every single offence you could do are they Einstein, could you imagine the contract.

Inappropriate behaviour, this means any of the following:
Public order (which would need to be broken down)
Criminal damage (would need to be broken down)
Indecent exposure
Fighting
GBH
ABH
Domestic Violence
Violence against colleagues
Bullying
Robbing cars
Breaking into property
Slapping an elderly person
Kicking off wing mirror

You could go on for hours, they are not going to specially mention every thing you could do that would warrant a warning or be a sackable offence are they.

If you are just talking about social media, if they generalise it to no racism, no gender discrimination, no abusive or bullying intent and you then post a video of you doing something horrendous that is not in your contract, the company is screwed.

They will have it in the contract that it is at their discretion to decide on what they deem as inappropriate.

Do we now understand? Not rocket science to be fair is it.
No, it wouldn't be what the company deemed inappropriate. Companies can't make up their own employment law. :lol:

You could do. Or, if you could actually qualify what Lingard did wrong, you wouldn't need to write a list bullet pointing the various things unrelated to what Lingard supposedly did. But you can't. So, why don't you tell me what Lingard would be disciplined for? Shouldn't be too hard. It's not rocket science after all.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think the anger mainly stems from how far detached fans and players are now.

I really don't think it's that crazy a 27 year old single lad is messing about, acting a fool. This has happened since the dawn of man. It's the fact it's all blasted over social media, share a million times.

I think Lingard needs to realise that he has a million followers because of United, not because of him personally. A lot of fans just watch that and think what a prat and are only thinking of one thing "Is this a good look for Man United?" And the answer is probably not.
Yes. Completely agree with you on this.
He is danger of alienating himself from United fans.
Not by acting like a twat but playing like one.
Has fame gone to his head. Let's see if he gets his head down and works his socks off next season.

StrettyEnder07

No, it wouldn't be what the company deemed inappropriate. Companies can't make up their own employment law. :lol:

You could do. Or, if you could actually qualify what Lingard did wrong, you wouldn't need to write a list bullet pointing the various things unrelated to what Lingard supposedly did. But you can't. So, why don't you tell me what Lingard would be disciplined for? Shouldn't be too hard. It's not rocket science after all.
So you are basically saying that I could now, run out of my office stark naked screaming the name of the company I work for and I could not be fired because that action is not specifically named in my contract of employment?

Absolue bullsh*t lad

Also, regarding his video he posted this week, not said once he can be sacked for it but he can be warned/disciplined for it, which I believe he is being (although it won't be stated in his contract specifically, his actions have been deemed inappropriate enough for a warning).

What I said he could have been in a shed load of trouble for was the video of the coach being attacked that he posted online, United could have thrown the book at him for that as I would imagine, they would not have wanted any videos/pictures leaked to media or press.

You are right about one thing, it's not rocket science is it lad.

Sir Scott McToMinay

In the hotel vid he is laughing at his mate 'wanking into his hand'. Sure those kids will be asking dad about that. But its just bantz innit
I also don’t recall Rooney bragging about shaggin grannies on his myspace or whatever it was back then, but that’s just me.

Such an old man perspective
People who relate to Lingard on any sort of level, are welcomed to call me “old man” any day of the week, call me a pensioner, see if i give a damn.

Greck

Why does the country hate athletes with personalities? I watch a lot of basketball and American sports and players clubbing and doing shoots doesn't garner hate. Over here the ideal footballer has to be a humble citizen with an almost zero personality and no flair to their character. A guy like Scholes is more ideal than say a Ronaldo