OT EVACUATED | Device signed as having been recovered, could NOT be detected by sniffer dogs

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
where you all primed and ready?
I asked the lads to make a quick exit immediately after the game. No faux applauds for the lap of honour.

Only DDG, Smalling, Martial and some of kids deserve recognition.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
It was Andy Mitten though.

He's a bullshitter.
Perhaps.

I may have jumped the gun a bit though, as it turns out it was left behind by an external training company.

Whether or not that is true is another story, but surely it's someones job to make sure things like this don't happen?

Kag

It didn't take long for all of the "the club is such an embarrassment" wankers to come steaming into the thread. Grow up.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
What on earth for? The stewards, police and security on the day did their job as required given the situation confronted. How or why the device got there is secondary in importance.
Hang on - where did I say we would be getting a ban for anything that happened afterwards? Let's calm down here and not dramatise this. Yes they did a splendid job. But if it was left there in error, it's as ludicrous to think there isn't going to be fallout - whether that's the club or te external company I don't know.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
A training exercise was held by external company in week before game. Device was left by mistake. No hoax.

Smores

It didn't take long for all of the "the club is such an embarrassment" wankers to come steaming into the thread. Grow up.
I was waiting for this post, you people are as much like clockwork :lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

What sort of team will we now put out on Tuesday?

Full strength to reward suffering home fans and try to "go for it"? Or a second string with eyes on the cup final?

Kag

Hang on - where did I say we would be getting a ban for anything that happened afterwards? Let's calm down here and not dramatise this. Yes they did a splendid job. But if it was left there in error, it's as ludicrous to think there isn't going to be fallout - whether that's the club or te external company I don't know.
Who said we would get a ban? You indicated there would be a fine. There's nothing in any regulation book to suggest that the club gets fined. A mistake has clearly been made somewhere down the line, but short of an inside job to swindle a top four spot (which is ludicrous) it remains just that, a mistake.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Surely 75,000 travel cost claims are getting prepared around now...

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The game has been reschedule for Tuesday, yet the match day thread (which is closed), shows the match on Wednesday.

Baxter

So nobody at the ground remembered that there was training with fake bombs earlier in the week? :lol:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
What sort of team will we now put out on Tuesday?

Full strength to reward suffering home fans and try to "go for it"? Or a second string with eyes on the cup final?
I can't see us playing a full strength team that's for sure.

I think it'll be a mixture of youngsters with the odd senior player tossed in for good measure.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Well this is a new low. I wonder if the premier league could just award the game to Bournemouth if it's proven that it was the club's mistake. Makes no difference either ways.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The game has been reschedule for Tuesday, yet the match day thread (which is closed), shows the match on Wednesday.
Embarrassing, if it's not the board it's the security team, if it's not them it's the redcafe admins. Everything about this club is toxic and embarrassing.

Brophs

The One and Only
Mike Keegan did seem to be the first person to report the device was a hoax as well...
He's not long back from the USA. Getting that story won't hurt his career prospects one bit. Tbf, it's a cracking tale.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Assistant Chief Constable John O’Hare from Greater Manchester Police said: “I am grateful to the Manchester United and Bournemouth supporters for their support and assistance today.

“Following today’s controlled explosion, we have since found out that the item was a training device which had accidentally been left by a private company following a training exercise involving explosive search dogs.

“Whilst this item did not turn out to be a viable explosive, on appearance this device was as real as could be, and the decision to evacuate the stadium was the right thing to do, until we could be sure that people were not at risk.

“Everyone remained calm, followed instructions, and worked with officers and stewards to ensure that a safe evacuation was quickly completed. Those present today were a credit to the football family and their actions should be recognised.

“I would also like to thank all those involved in the operation today for such a professional response, which includes police officers, stewards, MUFC staff, media representatives and commentators and the Bomb Disposal Team.”

Executive Vice Chairman Ed Woodward from Manchester United Football Club said: “The safety of fans is always our highest priority.

“I’d like to thank the support from the police which was first class and the impeccable response from fans of both teams.

“The Club takes security very seriously and staff are regularly trained with the police and emergency services to identify and deal with these incidents.

“We will investigate the incident to inform future actions and decisions.”

RoadTrip

Who said we would get a ban? You indicated there would be a fine. There's nothing in any regulation book to suggest that the club gets fined. A mistake has clearly been made somewhere down the line, but short of an inside job to swindle a top four spot (which is ludicrous) it remains just that, a mistake.
And where did I say it wasn't a mistake? Mistakes do also get punished sometimes, you do realise that right?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
During all the confusion and investigations when the package was found, surely someone within Old Trafford must have been aware of such a drill taking place mid-week and would have let someone know "Hang on a minute. That's from the security drill from Wednesday. Just lob it in the bin". The amount of media coverage it was getting, if someone was involved in that drill midweek but wasn't at Old Trafford today, one phone call would have cleared it up.

Would nobody have thought it was a bit of an unbelievable coincidence that staff at Old Trafford were doing bomb security drills on Wednesday, and then A MOTHERfeckING BOMB appears on the next nearest match day?

Come off it.

NJM78

So nobody at the ground remembered that there was training with fake bombs earlier in the week? :lol:
Exactly this external security team had no supervision from the clubs own security, they could just do what the feck they wanted as long as they locked the door behind them when they left.

Smores

To be fair (if true) they couldn't take the risk. I'm intrigued as to who this is external company is though as they still must have co-ordinate with our facilities managers or whoever. They may have even been training our stewards.

I find it strange that no one does a sweep before a game as well.

RoadTrip

It's nowhere near as unbelievably or frankly stupid as your suggestion the club will receive a fine.
Whatever, I don't care what you think is stupid. I posted an opinion, if you don't like it frankly feck off. Time will tell who is or isn't correct.