OT EVACUATED | Device signed as having been recovered, could NOT be detected by sniffer dogs

Kag

Thank God we have you around to defend the reputation of the club huh :lol: this place is getting RAWK lite

You're telling me no United staff were involved in this activity and no United staff managed the grounds in between the events?
A mistake has been made in the process and nobody is fully yet sure how it happened. But using this incident to feed it into the wider narrative of Manchester United incompetence is tiresome already. We may have been using this company for years. What's important is that the club dealt with what was (at the time) a very real security risk and did so safely and effectively.

If people really want to use this episode to highlight just how much of a dickhead Ed Woodward is (as if this has anything to do with anything we see out on the pitch) then they need to get a hold of themselves.

Ixion

It's kind of funny to think they were training to find this exact bomb in this exact place and after their training it went unnoticed for 4 days.

JB7

The embarrassment stems from the fact that the club's own employees planted the fake bomb by accident. If you think that's not embarrassing, you must have skin like a rhino
What part of "external company" can you not comprehend?

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
During all the confusion and investigations when the package was found, surely someone within Old Trafford must have been aware of such a drill taking place mid-week and would have let someone know "Hang on a minute. That's from the security drill from Wednesday. Just lob it in the bin". The amount of media coverage it was getting, if someone was involved in that drill midweek but wasn't at Old Trafford today, one phone call would have cleared it up.

Would nobody have thought it was a bit of an unbelievable coincidence that staff at Old Trafford were doing bomb security drills on Wednesday, and then A MOTHERfeckING BOMB appears on the next nearest match day?

Come off it.
On the other hand would anyone at the club know immediately that the device in question was left behind by the security firm? You are assuming that someone must have known all along it was a device left behind but since it was left by mistake .....

NJM78

Guys...I know this won't be popular, but hear me out, as I'm going to say what everyone is secretly thinking...

How's this going to affect the share price?
haha I'm sure Ed is thinking the same thing.

Ixion

A training device left behind by our official Fake Bomb Partner...

binary bot
It's completely understandable to evacuate the stadium when a device specifically designed to look like a bomb is found an hour before kickoff on matchday. Security event a few days before hand or not.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It's completely understandable to evacuate the stadium when a device specifically designed to look like a bomb is found an hour before kickoff on matchday. Security event a few days before hand or not.
I don't think anyone is debating that? The actions upon finding it are perfectly reasonable and correct. I think the issue centres around before the whole incident and why it was there.

Acquire Me

I don't think anyone thinks a bomb scare is a laughing stock situation. But the negligence of how it was there reflects pretty badly on whoever is liable whether that's the club and the security company or just one of them.
It will reflect badly on our club even if it was the security firm. Thats just the way it is. When it did happen, we did act as we should do.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Was this a company hired by the club to run a drill or a company that requested doing a training drill using OT?
External company using OT.

The company is obviously mostly to blame. You can't leave shit like that lying around.. Why aren't they counted in?

But unreal to think that something which looks 'incredibly likelife' to a bomb, was stored in Old Trafford for 4 days, without detection.

NinjaFletch

Exactly. Even if you're 99% sure what it is you can't take the risk.

Mainoldo

Was we not suppose to take correct percussion regardless? Not our fault the stupid external staff had a piss and forgot about his device. Rather that then believe someone really attempted to blow up Old Trafford.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Be reasonable Rado. Ignore the trash posts. You cannot seriously believe that this in no way reflects badly on the club, in some way at least.
It's a bad sign that there were seemingly no (or at least insufficient) checks between then and now, but if an external firm failed to keep track of their equipment then that's their dumb fecking fault.

The club handled the situation perfectly well and have been lauded by the police for their response, but the feckwads on here are too busy being embarrassed and thinking they know everything.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
What the feck is wrong with people today? The forum has been unbearable. So many needless insults flying around and people jumping the gun.

RoadTrip

It will reflect badly on our club even if it was the security firm. Thats just the way it is. When it did happen, we did act as we should do.
And no one will or at least should question the actions upon it being found. But regardless of all the people who may say that I'm just using this to be juvenile and slam the club for anything I can find, I categorically believe that it reflects badly on us.

NJM78

Don't think anyone thinks it isn't understandable.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Apparently we will be refunding all match goers and granting free entry to the replay. £3m.

Bojan11

The great thing was that it was a mistake by a external company and not left by some terroris nutjob.

If the latter happened it would have been much worse. I don't want the events happening in Paris the last 12 months appearing in the UK. Now thankfully we can have a laugh at this situation.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
The funniest thing about this is that earlier this evening the club and GMP were being praised from all angles for their flawless professional handling of the situation. But fast forward a couple of hours and it emerges we planted our own fake bomb in the toilets and forgot about it, and neither the club nor the police had the presence of mind to realise what had happened before the decision was taken to abandon the match.

From heroes to clowns in one evening.

JohnnyKills

Knowing United theyll probably give the security firm another year because they dont want to be seen as a sacking club

Backrow Singer

What can you say really.

Wasn't pleasant today. I went and the positive is that the situation was handled pretty well.

But, how the hell this has happened I have no idea. They have had four days to clean this up. You'd have assumed that someone would have thought to search and tidy up a bloody fake bomb before 75,000 people attend a fixture. Maybe I'm missing something but ffs it really isn't that hard to tidy up after the exercise between Wednesday and a 3 pm Sunday kick off.

Either way, thankfully it was nothing serious. I'm looking forward to going to Wembley, don't get me wrong, but I won't half be glad when this season is done and dusted.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
What part of "external company" can you not comprehend?
What part of 'employee' do you not comprehend? It makes no difference if it's a separate company or Old Trafford staff. If we chose to employ them to do our security, we're responsible for the fake bombs they leave laying around.

RoadTrip

It's a bad sign that there were seemingly no (or at least insufficient) checks between then and now, but if an external firm failed to keep track of their equipment then that's their dumb fecking fault.

The club handled the situation perfectly well and have been lauded by the police for their response, but the feckwads on here are too busy being embarrassed and thinking they know everything.
I think the top fact alone is enough to be concerned. Concerned that any company has blanket and unsupervised access to our stadium. Concerned that there are no checks (at least apparently) before games. Stating that that is embarrassing for the club isn't an overreaction in my view. If you disagree, by all means go ahead.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The only party to be faulted imo is the company that left their shit at OT and forgot about it. Club, police, military, stewards have all executed their tasks perfectly well, fale alarm or not. Better safe than sorry. There's no fecking around in today's times, especially after France and attacks near PdP.

But yeah, it pretty much sums up our season :lol: To be absolutely fair being late twice for the matches was more embarrassing.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Ok.

My two shekels worth.

Someone fecked up and it all looks a bit daft for those concerned. Take it on the chin. What was the other alternative ? The worst ? Exactly .

Reactions: Damien

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The great thing was that it was a mistake by a external company and not left by some terroris nutjob.

If the latter happened it would have been much worse. I don't want the events happening in Paris the last 12 months appearing in the UK. Now thankfully we can have a laugh at this situation.
Indeed, its a shambles though, embarrassing, disgraceful, blah blah feckin blah.