OT EVACUATED | Device signed as having been recovered, could NOT be detected by sniffer dogs

Woodzy

I think for once though this is an actual embarrassment. Somewhere, someone connected to this club has massively fecked up. It may not have been one of the names in the spotlight but it still makes us a laughing stock. We had to evacuate an entire stadium and postpone a game ffs.

Sir A1ex

You are right mate, there was a chance that supporters were in danger, and the game was postponed because of that. Correct decision, if a suspected bomb is found then there is no alternative but to call the game off. The safety of the people at the match is paramount and I am happy to see that is how it was treated by the club. No Embarrassment, a suspected bomb has to be taken seriously.
Don't think we had any choice in any of the above. From what I could tell, pretty much every move was being ordered by the police.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Hardly. Late for Tottenham, didn't beat the crowds for West Ham and planted our own bomb.

The West Ham one is borderline but at the end of the day we should have arrived at 4pm the night before and slept in the dressing room to be safe.
That planted our own bomb has just tickled me more than it should.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Depends where it was. Presumably if they were using it with sniffer dogs it wouldn't be in plain sight, though not completely hidden.
It was one of our fans that spotted it though right?

I think the sniffer dogs were there just to identify any other bombs that may have been in the area.
Knowing United theyll probably give the security firm another year because they dont want to be seen as a sacking club
:lol:

Phurry

Furry Fecker
The reaction will be brilliant when we lose out on a player in the summer because we wouldn't pay an extra £3m.
I suspect a certain private security firm & their public liability insurers will be about £3m lighter, it won't be coming from the clubs budget.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If sunlight were to shine directly on some of your chests you'd probably see your hearts, you have the skin thickness of a new born fish.

Quote may or may not be stolen from The Ricky Gervais show. Heard it somewhere however.

Spark

Everyone seems well annoyed that this didn't turn out to be ISIS.

I'm well glad that this was just a blunder from an outsourced security agency that we can now fire and that we are actually carrying out all these sort of anti-terrorist drills that no one ever knows about.

This is literally the best outcome - no nutters involved.

Also the evac was immense - orderly, swift and minimised panic.

JackXX

:lol: FFS what a balls up. You would hope there would be just a little bit of responsibility of planting fake bombs around the place and making sure they had all been accounted for. Worldwide news what an embarrassment for all involved. Feel sorry for the fans that went today.

Brophs

The One and Only

I'm well glad that this was just a blunder from an outsourced security agency that we can now fire and that we are actually carrying out all these sort of anti-terrorist drills that no one ever knows about.

Hang on....is anyone actually annoyed that it didn't turn out to be ISIS? That seems a mental thing to say.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Hardly. Late for Tottenham, didn't beat the crowds for West Ham and planted our own bomb.

The West Ham one is borderline but at the end of the day we should have arrived at 4pm the night before and slept in the dressing room to be safe.
Confirmed. Snowjoe is David Sullivan.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
GMP should not go without criticism here. Surely they should have been overseeing a security exercise in which fake bombs were being planted in public places?

The club, the security company, the police....clowns all around. An amusing end to the PL season, though.

Skills

Snitch
Good decision to refund the tickets. I suspect its pretty much over for this external company.

Bojan11

Who is well annoyed?

NJM78

:lol: FFS what a balls up. You would hope there would be just a little bit of responsibility of planting fake bombs around the place and making sure they had all been accounted for. Worldwide news what an embarrassment for all involved. Feel sorry for the fans that went today.
You can't use the embarrassment word on here you may offend some people.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

Seriously? Suggesting this reflects badly on the club suddenly means people wish this was ISIS? That's a hell of a leap.

FromTheBench

GMP should not go without criticism here. Surely they should have been overseeing a security exercise in which fake bombs were being planted in public places?

The club, the security company, the police....clowns all around. An amusing end to the PL season, though.
Yep, you would imagine police would have been involved in such a exercise. Especially those who oversee Stadium security.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Good decision to refund the tickets. I suspect its pretty much over for this external company.
That would be where some embarrassment comes into play, if we sue a local business out of existence because of a mistake like this it would be tremendously poor form, I understand the magnitude of their error as I am sure the company do but to put some people on the dole queue as a result ? Nah, not for me.

pauldyson1uk

FFS what is this, have not seen a single post to support your statement, on what do you base this.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
That would be where some embarrassment comes into play, if we sue a local business out of existence because of a mistake like this it would be tremendously poor form, I understand the magnitude of their error as I am sure the company do but to put some people on the dole queue as a result ? Nah, not for me.
#supportyourlocalfakebombshop

Spark

Hang on....is anyone actually annoyed that it didn't turn out to be ISIS? That seems a mental thing to say.
Yeah was exaggerating massively. I'm just glad that this wasn't some nutter planting a fake bomb or actually a real bomb that got found, as that would have severe ramifications for football security. The implications on the overall match day experience doesn't bare thinking about.

In the end it was a blunder from an external security firm. Thankfully nothing too serious.