Our Rival's Squad next year - Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
And what happens if Matic picks up a serious injury in the first couple of weeks? Or Hazard?
Matic? Maybe Ramires, Mikel, Romeu, Loftus-Cheek or even Chalobah or Ake could fill in. I do agree than this is the position where a injury or two would feck us pretty badly.

As for Hazard, we have a shit load of attacking players who could come in. Are they as good as Hazard? No, but there's not many out there who are that we could sign as a backup.

I'm not saying ditch the first teamers and let all the kids play, just use one or two of the younger players as back-up, rather than buying more £20+ million players just in case someone gets injured.

AshfordLad

And what happens if Matic picks up a serious injury in the first couple of weeks? Or Hazard?

We'd be struggling. We need another reliable source of goals and another quality player in the middle of the pitch. Signing Stones would be a huge bonus.
He was wishing Costan and Remy stay injured before the Arsenal and United games last season so Solanke can get game time.:lol:

He does not care for silly things like points and titles in his lunatic world. He would be clenching his fists when Hazard Or Matic get injured.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
The gulf between Matic and Mikel/Ramires is ridiculous. If Matic is afflicted with long term injury, any chance for trophies could be effectively zero -- same goes for Hazard. Another midfielder and winger are needed.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
The gulf between Matic and Mikel/Ramires is ridiculous. If Matic is afflicted with long term injury, any chance for trophies could be effectively zero -- same goes for Hazard. Another midfielder and winger are needed.
The loss of Matic can still be compensated by going 4-3-3 and playing both Mikel and Ramires. The loss of Hazard will be bad. We need Pedro.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
True, but the same goes for any team really that has top class players. Unless you can somehow get another high quality player willing to accept a place on the bench, you're always going to have a substantial drop down in quality from the likes of Hazard and Silva to your alternative.

AshfordLad

The loss of Matic can still be compensated by going 4-3-3 and playing both Mikel and Ramires. The loss of Hazard will be bad. We need Pedro.
A 4-3-3 with both Mikel and Ramires will be toothless in attack due to having one less attacker. That team will struggle against even mid table teams with or without Hazard.

You are underestimating how poor Mikel and Ramires have been in the last season and a half.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
A 4-3-3 with both Mikel and Ramires will be toothless in attack due to having one less attacker. That team will struggle against even mid table teams with or without Hazard.

You are underestimating how poor Mikel and Ramires have been in the last season and a half.
Maybe. That's why I am hoping RLC comes really good this season. I would also b happy signing Witsel.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
This, exactly. Got lucky last season that Matic and Hazard stayed healthy all season.

How Mikel is still a Chelsea player is frankly mind boggling in all honesty. This is why I'm hoping these Witsel rumors are true. He'd be the perfect Mikel replacement and a significant upgrade.

Signing Pedro would make perfect sense as well but those rumors have died down.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mikel used to be a good player, I just don't know why but he seems to have lost any kinda motivation to be a top player and is interested in collecting his check.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Mikel used to be a good player, I just don't know why but he seems to have lost any kinda motivation to be a top player and is interested in collecting his check.
He just doesn't seem to mind playing 10 minutes here and there. Must be the only real reason José has kept him. He'll never complain about minutes and does his very specific job well enough.

When you watch him play for Nigeria he looks a completely different player and is basically a box to box #8. He's much more adventurous and has more freedom. Why he wouldn't want to go to a different club and play that way instead of riding our bench is strange.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He just doesn't seem to mind playing 10 minutes here and there. Must be the only real reason José has kept him. He'll never complain about minutes and does his very specific job well enough.

When you watch him play for Nigeria he looks a completely different player and is basically a box to box #8. He's much more adventurous and has more freedom. Why he wouldn't want to go to a different club and play that way instead of riding our bench is strange.
I remember a youth tournament where him and Messi were the best players. He wasn't much of a DM, more like a real creative leader. Maybe he enjoys life too much in London.

AshfordLad

Maybe. That's why I am hoping RLC comes really good this season. I would also b happy signing Witsel.
Its unlikely RLC will get more than 500 or so minutes.
Witsel/Kondogbia/Schniederlin/Pogba all could/would have been perfect. I think the team can manage without another attacker and even without a new CB but an upgrade on Ramires is critical. Assuming, RLC can take Mikel's place.

Still a very good player if you watch him for Nigeria. Think he prefers a more attacking role rather than a totally defensive one that he gets at Chelsea. It would be good for him to move out to a team of slightly lower ambitions where he can play as the main CM.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I remember a youth tournament where him and Messi were the best players. He wasn't much of a DM, more like a real creative leader. Maybe he enjoys life too much in London.
Still a very good player if you watch him for Nigeria. Think he prefers a more attacking role rather than a totally defensive one that he gets at Chelsea. It would be good for him to move out to a team of slightly lower ambitions where he can play as the main CM.
It does seem like he lacks ambition or has lost his desire to be better, or even his love for the game. It's sad to think Mikel was supposed to become what Pogba is becoming now. Perhaps the revolving door of managers strongly hindered him as each coach brings different styles and unique approaches -- each probably demanded something else from him and due to that, he could never truly grow in to that top class of midfielders. Perhaps if he played for a manager he trusted that guided him, maybe he could have reached that potential.

duffer

Scout
Or maybe he was not actually as good as he was hyped to be.

He's played more than 300 games in 8 years, winning (and playing a big part in) leagues, cups, the champions league and is has been trusted by pretty much all 32 managers he's played under at Chelsea. It kinda annoys me when people look at him as some sort of flop or failure. Not everyone can be the first name on the team sheet.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Or maybe he was not actually as good as he was hyped to be.

He's played more than 300 games in 8 years, winning (and playing a big part in) leagues, cups, the champions league and is has been trusted by pretty much all 32 managers he's played under at Chelsea. It kinda annoys me when people look at him as some sort of flop or failure. Not everyone can be the first name on the team sheet.
Don't ever see any of our fans call him a failure or flop. Just don't think he's a very good player. Decent and nothing more.

If we can get someone who can do his job as well as actually add a bit of productivity and be proactive instead of strictly being a "game killer" like Mikel is than why wouldn't we?

duffer

Scout
Don't ever see any of our fans call him a failure or flop. Just don't think he's a very good player. Decent and nothing more.

If we can get someone who can do his job as well as actually add a bit of productivity and be proactive instead of strictly being a "game killer" like Mikel is than why wouldn't we?
I had high hopes for Romeu and then Van Ginkel for that role. It will be interesting to see how Van Ginkel does at Stoke.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
I had high hopes for Romeu and then Van Ginkel for that role. It will be interesting to see how Van Ginkel does at Stoke.
I don' think either can ever come back under Jose. We have a core of young English midfielders who Jose is trying to integrate into the team. Ake is going on a very good loan too. The thing is Mikel occupies a very vital homegrown spot now and he is not even exceptional anymore in this style of play. Park the bus like in the 2012 CL run and Mikel becomes vital.

Deleted member 78215

Chelsea are top-heavy with what British and Irish politicians used to call "the men of violence". My favorites to win everything. Still the best team in England and, if they add a few more players, the best team in London, too.
So they're the best team in England, but not the best team in London? Strong geography.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
So they're the best team in England, but not the best team in London? Strong geography.
:lol:

I read that earlier and thought it was some trolling attempt that went right over my head.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
Mikel is not a homegrown player, not in the eyes of the premier league or the champions league.
That's what I actually meant. Mikel is occupying a position where we can easily have a homegrown player playing as a DM in some games.

AshfordLad

That's what I actually meant. Mikel is occupying a position where we can easily have a homegrown player playing as a DM in some games.
Homegrown bit does not matter though. We are well clear of the limit and can even buy 3-4 non-HG players if needed.

A better way to put it will be Mikel it taking up minutes that a young player (HG or not) with a lot of potential can be picking up.

NoPace

Bit surprised y'all aren't in for Motta, who seems to be out there and did very well for Mourinho in Italy. Keep him rested for the CL and play him and Matic together and you'd be a tougher out in the knockouts for sure.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Bit surprised y'all aren't in for Motta, who seems to be out there and did very well for Mourinho in Italy. Keep him rested for the CL and play him and Matic together and you'd be a tougher out in the knockouts for sure.
His age I would think.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I expected Chelsea to really build on the team this summer, they still are comfortably the best in England but I expected them to try to close the gap that is now there between them and the top European teams.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So Jose has said 1 more signing (a defender) and then bar any sales they're done... way to help the rest of the league catch up

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
So Jose has said 1 more signing (a defender) and then bar any sales they're done... way to help the rest of the league catch up
He never said that. He wants 1 defender and 1 midfielder atleast....

AshfordLad

Mikel, Moses and Salah will surely leave. So read into it what you want, Chelsea could still end up buying a winger and a CM as well.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
He never said that. He wants 1 defender and 1 midfielder atleast....
He said that unless we sell one of our wide players then a defender will be the last of our business.

Hope is dwindling in my mind that we'll have enough to fight for the CL. We need another goal scorer and a CM.

charlenefan

Mikel, Moses and Salah will surely leave. So read into it what you want, Chelsea could still end up buying a winger and a CM as well.
Jose goes into saying Salah will go because they have too many wingers so him leaving won't effect new players coming in. The other two maybe..

charlenefan

He said that unless we sell one of our wide players then a defender will be the last of our business.

Hope is dwindling in my mind that we'll have enough to fight for the CL. We need another goal scorer and a CM.
Given how close you were the season before last all Chelsea need to do next season is not play Fabregas in midfield against the very best and you'll go far imo

AshfordLad

Jose goes into saying Salah will go because they have too many wingers so him leaving won't effect new players coming in. The other two maybe..
There are 5 wingers right now - Hazard, Cuadrado, Willian, Salah and Moses.

Surely there is no way Jose wants to keep Moses after sending him out on loan each of the last two years. Quite likely that both Moses and Salah will go and a new winger come in. Unless there is a plan to keep Traore this year.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea

Surely there is no way Jose wants to keep Moses after sending him out on loan each of the last two years. Quite likely that both Moses and Salah will go and a new winger come in. Unless there is a plan to keep Traore this year.
He said he has 5 wingers in his team. If one goes, 1 comes in. Salah and Moses are definitely going. We are getting 1 winger.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea

Unless José has been told not to spend much and just keep Moses.

AshfordLad

He said he has 5 wingers in his team. If one goes, 1 comes in. Salah and Moses are definitely going. We are getting 1 winger.
Unless they intend to keep Traore, which is unlikely imo.

Unless José has been told not to spend much and just keep Moses.
Very Very unrealistic and unlikely considering the money is coming in left right and centre. New deal with yokohama, Increased PL TV deal, Player sales etc.

duffer

Scout
I'm very interested to see what happens with Bertrand Traore.

The Vitesse manager said that he won't being going back there on loan this season because "Jose Mourinho is crazy about him".

Even if he does make it into our 1st team squad this season, I can't in all honesty claim him as a product of our youth setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.