Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
W
The stars are aligning....:drool:

All we need now is the insertion of a release clause, and a quiet conversation between the Fat Man and Jose.
Well release clause or not he is going to go around that 100m mark within the next two years.

djdhrubs

W

Well release clause or not he is going to go around that 100m mark within the next two years.
Absolutely. I'm not suggesting the release clause would be low. I don't mind if it prices everyone else out of things.

:)

ti vu

Not able to open the link. Why is it bad news for Barca?
Raiola burned bridge with Barcelona after what happened to Zlatan there... It doesn't mean advantage us though. Raiola would look after his clients & his own interest. Just a potential big competitor in Dembele's future transfer out of the way

Edit:I didn't bother following the link myself. Just recalling Raiola vs Barcelona stuff

OldTrevil

My opinion on players named Dembele is that they should be signed at all costs. Most of the time they turn out world class.
Let's send our scouts to the Congo, with the amount of Dembeles there we're bound to sign the next Messi :p

AXVnee7

How strong are the suggestions that he'll join Raiola? Seems to be only the Sun...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How strong are the suggestions that he'll join Raiola? Seems to be only the Sun...
It's an old story. Dembélé's agents are a bit shit and Raiola wants to be his agent.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
There's been rumblings, but even if he does....who cares? Just because he joins Raiola doesn't mean he'll never go to Barcelona. An agent tries to get the best deal for you, they'll try to get in your head, convince you of where to go, but at the end of the day they work for you. If Dembele dreams of playing in Barcelona someday, when he would be a starter and not warming the bench, then he will go.

AXVnee7

There's been rumblings, but even if he does....who cares? Just because he joins Raiola doesn't mean he'll never go to Barcelona. An agent tries to get the best deal for you, they'll try to get in your head, convince you of where to go, but at the end of the day they work for you. If Dembele dreams of playing in Barcelona someday, when he would be a starter and not warming the bench, then he will go.
Well we should have a good relationship with Raiola so I'd like to think Dembele getting him would at least put an otherwise unlikely deal on the table. You're right in that if Dembele has his heart set on Barca only then ultimately it's in his best interests to broker the best deal possible, rather than convince him to go elsewhere. But in the event that we stand a chance of getting him, having to negotiate with Raiola gives us an easier route on agreeing personal terms.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well we should have a good relationship with Raiola so I'd like to think Dembele getting him would at least put an otherwise unlikely deal on the table. You're right in that if Dembele has his heart set on Barca only then ultimately it's in his best interests to broker the best deal possible, rather than convince him to go elsewhere. But in the event that we stand a chance of getting him, having to negotiate with Raiola gives us an easier route on agreeing personal terms.
Well, right now I don't think he would even entertain a move to Barcelona. If he's leaving the situation he has in Dortmund, it's to go to a better one without losing his starting job. He wouldn't be a starter in Barcelona, they want him to improve their depth. Eventually though, they're going to make room for him if he keeps progressing the way he has, and at that point it will be nearly impossible to stop the move in my opinion.

This is why I would go for him now, not a year from now. Lock him down now while he's in an evolving situation where his best friend at the club Auba is sold, the coach he enjoyed working with was fired for standing up to the club making them play after the bus incident, there may not be a better time in his career to get him for United.

I know people's position on this board is that he's not for sale, but Dortmund did quote a price to ward off Barcelona, a club with zero intentions to sell wouldn't even quote a fee.

djdhrubs

Just wanna ask a dumb question. Why did this guy like a message on social media announcing lindelof to United?

Is he in the habit of randomly liking transfer announcements for players joining other cubs? Even players not of his own nationality? Is there some weird connection he has with lindelof?

If not, knowing full well that every move a player of his profile gets a huge amount of attention, why do it?

El-Manos

Just wanna ask a dumb question. Why did this guy like a message on social media announcing lindelof to United?

Is he in the habit of randomly liking transfer announcements for players joining other cubs? Even players not of his own nationality? Is there some weird connection he has with lindelof?

If not, knowing full well that every move a player of his profile gets a huge amount of attention, why do it?
He liked some other club's transfer I believe as well, so would not take too much notice of it. He won't be moving this summer, he would be the perfect player for United however and would definitely get plenty of game time here.

Varun

Staff
Well, right now I don't think he would even entertain a move to Barcelona. If he's leaving the situation he has in Dortmund, it's to go to a better one without losing his starting job. He wouldn't be a starter in Barcelona, they want him to improve their depth. Eventually though, they're going to make room for him if he keeps progressing the way he has, and at that point it will be nearly impossible to stop the move in my opinion.

This is why I would go for him now, not a year from now. Lock him down now while he's in an evolving situation where his best friend at the club Auba is sold, the coach he enjoyed working with was fired for standing up to the club making them play after the bus incident, there may not be a better time in his career to get him for United.

I know people's position on this board is that he's not for sale, but Dortmund did quote a price to ward off Barcelona, a club with zero intentions to sell wouldn't even quote a fee.
I think he'll move there within a year or so as they replace Suarez. He won't agree to move to us even if we went for him now imo.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
How many more attackers are they going to get? Surely we can get him more playing time than they can?

ilovethisgameahahah

According to a Dortmund fan on reddit, he's majorly pissed of at Tuchel's sacking and it wouldn't surprise anyone if he left... We need to outbid the feck out of City on this one. Can't be letting City get a player with the potential he has.

Sparky Rhiwabon

How many more attackers are they going to get? Surely we can get him more playing time than they can?
It doesn't matter - if this guy is better than the ones they've already got, they'll go for him and put the other guys on the bench (see Nolito). Money is no object.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I do not know why Dortmund would sell him after one season. Unless Dembele is refusing to train or something of that sort they should try to hold on to him a little longer.

Castia

If there's one muppet signing this summer id love for us to go all out on Dembele I think he will be class.

Lindelof, Matic, Dembele and Morata would be decent, add Fabinho and it would be an amazing summer.

Mike09

https://le10sport.com/football/merc...-319114?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Borussia Dortmund attacker Ousmane Dembélé is in Manchester, has met with City bosses and even dined with Pep Guardiola.

Someone please tell me they're bullshit merchants.
They signed Benardo Silva and now they want Dembele?? How many wingers have they bought in three summer windows?? Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Benardo Silva and now they want the 5th one? It's not like they spent less money to get them anyway. Madness!

ilovethisgameahahah

They signed Benardo Silva and now they want Dembele?? How many wingers have they bought in three summer windows?? Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Benardo Silva and now they want the 5th one? It's not like they spent less money to get them anyway. Madness!
Sterling is benched and Nolito will be sold. They probably want depth for the CL and trophies, Pep looked like he was about to have a nervous meltdown when reporters started asking him about his first trophyless season.

Status
Not open for further replies.