g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Overrated movies

Hojoon

Shawshank Redemption - Very good movie, but I wouldn't say it was amazing. It's rated number one in IMDb, and I would expect the number one movie to be amazing.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Slumdog Millionaire

How many Oscars was this nominated and how many did it win? Every single one, undeserved. Horrible acting from lead characters and one of the worst AR Rahman scores in his illustrious career.

If there was ever a movie that could be described as a tourist trap, this is it. Worthless.

El-Manos

Read really good reviews for "Arrival" and found it incredibly boring.
People warned me it was not your typical alien invasion movie, so I was more prepared. Maybe that's why I ended up liking it? It might be a bit overrated but it was one of the better films of 2016 in my opinion (although it was a shite enough year).

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Training day. Enjoyed it but it was bigged up as a possible GOAT by a few people I know.

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Matrix is probably the most overrated movie in the history of movies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Star Wars will have been mentioned already, but here's another one for the tally. It's alright, but the amount of fanfare around it is insane.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Science Fiction is my favorite genre but somehow I can't bring myself down to watch any of the Star Wars films. All the characters seem so incredibly silly.

Kag

I only watched the Usual Suspects a couple of year back and while it's a half decent watch, it's really nothing special.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
If you cut the movie in half and pretty much focused on the Vietnam stuff it would be far superior.
Don't agree. it's about friendship, and relationships at the end of the day, the context needed to be built to make the storyline so compelling.

ChaddyP

Star Wars will have been mentioned already, but here's another one for the tally. It's alright, but the amount of fanfare around it is insane.
I tend to agree. Im a huge star war fan. But alot harks from childhood when I was easily impressed. actually showing the movie to an adult that never watched it before can be a but embarrassing at times :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I tend to agree. Im a huge star war fan. But alot harks from childhood when I was easily impressed. actually showing the movie to an adult that never watched it before can be a but embarrassing at times :lol:
Yeah pretty much. It's all nostalgia really, although Empire is a solid film. The two recent films made me realise they're pretty dull as movies go in general, and rely on past references from the films I do somewhat care about in order to be interesting.

LouisDanGaal

Don't agree. it's about friendship, and relationships at the end of the day, the context needed to be built to make the storyline so compelling.
I thought it made the movie drag far too much, I mean it was pretty much an interminable film for stretches. 3 hours is a huge amount of time to try and hold interest and I don't think they manage it.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I thought it made the movie drag far too much, I mean it was pretty much an interminable film for stretches. 3 hours is a huge amount of time to try and hold interest and I don't think they manage it.
Each to their own. 3hrs is an indulgence to watch a movie, I'd rather 3hrs than 1.5hrs of shite though.

LouisDanGaal

Each to their own. 3hrs is an indulgence to watch a movie, I'd rather 3hrs than 1.5hrs of shite though.
Its an interesting one, I can't think of many three hour films that I cared for, I've just googled it and looking through a couple of lists there are only a handful I have seen that I would watch again.

izzydiggler

The Exorcist - frequently voted the top horror film of all time. Maybe if you watched it when it first came out it had an impact but it never did for me.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Its an interesting one, I can't think of many three hour films that I cared for, I've just googled it and looking through a couple of lists there are only a handful I have seen that I would watch again.
Length of the film is not something I've ever judged a film on.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Birdman - a clever technique with a dull film attached.

Gone with the wind - 4 fecking hours of melodrama.

Breathless - routinely pops up in critics' lists but it's aged badly. Like an extended Fast Show skit.

Gladiator - Ridley Scott should've retired after Blade Runner.

Braveheart - Good action scenes, bad film.

Forrest Gump - Pure schmaltz.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Shawshank Redemption - Very good movie, but I wouldn't say it was amazing. It's rated number one in IMDb, and I would expect the number one movie to be amazing.
Which movie would you put as number 1?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Amelie
City of God
Pan's Labyrinth
Das Boot
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Run Lola Run
and etc...

Gateway foreign films, once the novelty wears off you realize they're not really that good.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Something I'm wondering here is whether some films were just awesome but only in their time.

Pulp fiction I saw aged 19 when it first came out and it completely blew me away.

Fight club was another one. Went to see it knowing nothing about it and I absolutely loved it.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Something I'm wondering here is whether some films were just awesome but only in their time.

Pulp fiction I saw aged 19 when it first came out and it completely blew me away.

Fight club was another one. Went to see it knowing nothing about it and I absolutely loved it.
Think you're right about the time.
Saw Fight club recently, and it was still brilliant!

I feel like listening to Pixies now :)