Television Ozark

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Yes she’s annoying but i like that transition to the cold hearted bitch she is now. I actually want to punch Jonah every time he has that defiant look on his face. His parents need to beat his ass.

mu4c_20le

I just don’t think she’s a good cnut. You can be an antihero or troubled protagonist or whatever she is without being aggravating.

Those are actually usually my favorite characters. I want them to have as much screen time as possible, but her constant scowling and grimacing is the visual equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.
But she's not an antihero, and in some ways neither was Walt. You are not supposed to root for these characters. In fact, I agree with Solius in that Laura's incredibly good at playing this cnut of a character, to the point that you actually detest her.

Wendy was easily my favorite character in the first three seasons until, like Walt, she started screwing with her own family.

Super Hans

All this talk about Wendy obscures the finest performance of the show by a country mile in episode 7. Julia Garner. My God.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Just finished it. So good. Julia Garner is an amazing actress.

hopefully the second part airs in the summer. It’s already been filmed I think.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Really enjoy the series, binged all seven S4 episodes the other night. The only complaint is there is no doubt they'd all been whacked in real life by the third episode but that wouldn't make for a fun series.

Jason Bateman is a fantastic actor btw, as is Julia Garner.

AaronRedDevil

May 31st for the next part? Christ. I thought it'd be about a month or something. Don't get why they do these mid season breaks. You have a break between each season, why tell half a story then leave it for 6 months to finish it off?
Only may? Thank god. I thought it wouldn't be til next year

Tarrou

thought the first half season was a big drop-off from the usual standard

it's definitely run its course

some of the performances are brilliant though, fair play

how did Darlene last this long before someone put her away? it's a bit ridiculous

mu4c_20le

Wasn’t that on AMC?
It was. I wasn't aware if there's a difference, but when the other poster said mid season breaks usually arent that long, I was like wait aminute, theres a reason I hated splitting a season in two..

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’ve just finished. Great to see the high standards from previous seasons maintained. Such a good show.

That said, I have some questions…

I’m confused about the phone call from Omar to Javi that spared Marty. What did he say? Why did Javi suddenly decide to deal with the FBI and leave Marty alone? What was their leverage?

And why would Javi not think that Omar was behind it all after it was him that phone him to set the deal up? In which case, what was the point of the Byrdes threatening to grass him out to Javi so he’d leave their kids alone?

Oh, one last thing. How the feck does Maya get away with arresting Omar after her bosses went to all that bother to get him to spend the next 5 years helping them out? She torpedoed the whole thing. Just because she felt like it? And got away with it. WTF?!

Tarrou

I’ve just finished. Great to see the high standards from previous seasons maintained. Such a good show.

That said, I have some questions…

I’m confused about the phone call from Omar to Javi that spared Marty. What did he say? Why did Javi suddenly decide to deal with the FBI and leave Marty alone? What was their leverage?

And why would Javi not think that Omar was behind it all after it was him that phone him to set the deal up? In which case, what was the point of the Byrdes threatening to grass him out to Javi so he’d leave their kids alone?

Oh, one last thing. How the feck does Maya get away with arresting Omar after her bosses went to all that bother to get him to spend the next 5 years helping them out? She torpedoed the whole thing. Just because she felt like it? And got away with it. WTF?!
I was wondering about the phone call too, it was ridiculously short considering the complexity of the situation. The only thing I could come up with was “I’m cooperating with the FBI - they want to cut a deal with you, if you don’t take it you’re fecked”... or something to that effect

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I was wondering about the phone call too, it was ridiculously short considering the complexity of the situation. The only thing I could come up with was “I’m cooperating with the FBI - they want to cut a deal with you, if you don’t take it you’re fecked”... or something to that effect
Yeah, I assumed that too. But in their final scene with Omar the Byrdes seemed to threaten him with telling Javi about his involvement with the FBI. Which only makes sense if Javi didn’t know Omar had turned FBI informant.

Bobade

Not getting all the hate for Jonah in here. I'd be a little prick as well if my mum killed her brother and then tried to put me in jail.

ChrisNelson

This is one of those shows I watched right through seasons 1-3 but can only just remember what was happening at the end!

I think I need to watch them through again before starting season 4, I recall enjoying it a lot but have watched so much other stuff since then it's pushed the old stuff out of my brain, Homer Simpson style.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah, I think Jonah was great. Fully rooting for him throughout the season. Why is everyone hating on him?
I think people always seem to take a dislike to characters that detract from the main character’s ‘progress’. See Skylar White.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Both the kids are great. It's also refreshing to have a show where they are involved and the parents aren't trying to cover everything up from them in silly ways.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I think people always seem to take a dislike to characters that detract from the main character’s ‘progress’. See Skylar White.
I thought the Skylar White stuff was stupid too. I’m genuinely at a loss re how Jonah annoyed anyone though? Who’s the main character whose ‘progress’ he detracted from? This season seems to be as much about Ruth as it is about anyone else and I really liked her and Jonah teaming up together.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Really enjoyed part 1. Agree with the comments about Ruth, great character.

It did amuse me though how Wendy kept acting like Jonah was being out of order for reacting so badly to Ben dying. She had her own brother killed! Hopefully she gets her comeuppance in part 2.
Surely they’re setting her up to have a massive mental breakdown and have her bumped off by Jonah.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought the Skylar White stuff was stupid too. I’m genuinely at a loss re how Jonah annoyed anyone though? Who’s the main character whose ‘progress’ he detracted from? This season seems to be as much about Ruth as it is about anyone else and I really liked her and Jonah teaming up together.
Well he’s going against Wendy and Marty so that’s enough for some.

Cole9

My problem with Skylar was the bad acting, specifically in the first few seasons. She improved as it went on though and I liked the character more towards the end.

Hank's wife was even worse. Not sure how she made it through the auditions.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The first 5 episodes are pretty shit. Mostly the PI knocking on their door and getting told to do one, for 5 episodes. It got better in the final 2 though, and the end was great.
I'm a bit tired of entire series building up to one or two big moments though (I realise it's technically only half a series, but it's not really is it?).

Not getting all the hate for Jonah in here. I'd be a little prick as well if my mum killed her brother and then tried to put me in jail.
My comment was before she tried to put him in jail. But he consistently puts them all in danger.

Wendy is brilliant. Ruthlessly trying to ensure her family's (as in her current family, not relatives, obviously) survival, knowing Jonah is jeopardising it. She clearly enjoyed playing the game a bit at times too of course. Great character whatever you think of her.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Do we know who that lady in the wheelchair towards the end was? The way they framed her she seemed important, like I was supposed to remember her. Or perhaps they’re planning on featuring her going forward.

I liked her; she had some sort of charisma.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Do we know who that lady in the wheelchair towards the end was? The way they framed her she seemed important, like I was supposed to remember her. Or perhaps they’re planning on featuring her going forward.

I thought she was familiar too. Think she might have been a friend of the Langmores we’ve seen in a cameo at some point before?

Bobade

The first 5 episodes are pretty shit. Mostly the PI knocking on their door and getting told to do one, for 5 episodes. It got better in the final 2 though, and the end was great.
I'm a bit tired of entire series building up to one or two big moments though (I realise it's technically only half a series, but it's not really is it?).

My comment was before she tried to put him in jail. But he consistently puts them all in danger.

Wendy is brilliant. Ruthlessly trying to ensure her family's (as in her current family, not relatives, obviously) survival, knowing Jonah is jeopardising it. She clearly enjoyed playing the game a bit at times too of course. Great character whatever you think of her.
Oh, she's a great character absolutely. I also quite like her as well, despite hating her sometimes. But Jonah is a kid, who has been living under the threat of his life for a few years. Kids aren't pragmatists, they usually follow a more emotional viewpoint.

Your comment was before the jail thing, ok. But it wasn't before he knew his mother had his uncle killed, which forced him to consider the thought experiment of would his sister do the same to him, given her recent similarities to their mother ? All great characters in my opinion, but I just can't root for Wendy as much as Marty. She is becoming a bit too fond of the game - you can just imagine the dirty politics she'd be involved in even if they ever got away from the cartel.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Lady in the wheelchair?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh right the one with the seeds. Yeah might be in future eps who knows. Seems out of place if not.