Television Ozark

Green_Red

Happy days. Hopefully they just release all the episodes at once so I can binge it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’ll watch it but S3 left me feeling a bit flat. It seemed to lose something which is a shame because S1 and S2 were class.
I know someone who worked as a PA during the filming of S4 & they said that S3 was setting up the final season exceptionally well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Glad it’s a final season. Good show but it doesn’t have many places left to go. Keep it short and sweet.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Can’t remember season 3 to be honest, but looking forward to this nonetheless.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I know someone who worked as a PA during the filming of S4 & they said that S3 was setting up the final season exceptionally well.
Let’s hope so.

I didn’t like it when …
Jacob Snell got killed off, he was a really good character and the subsequent relationship between Darlene and Wyatt just seemed clumsy and unbelievable

I may watch it through again before S4.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought it was great!

The actress playing Ruth did a great job with that in the end. Really looking forward to the final episodes. It’s all set up nicely.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Thought it was great!

The actress playing Ruth did a great job with that in the end. Really looking forward to the final episodes. It’s all set up nicely.
Thought it drug a little bit during the middle episodes after the shock killing early on, but it ramped up pretty damn well & set up well, as you said.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Rewatched the first season, and it's still brilliant.

However, I still don't get how buildimg a church and throwing a money into construction works is called money laundering. Raising value of your assets when asking a loan from a bank or getting a mortage of it is one thing, but money laundering is something completely different, and Marty is asked to launder money for the cartel as quickly as he can.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Just finished it. Fecking outstanding show.

The final scene with Ruth going nuts was fantastic.

YA FECKING CNUT!

YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO FECKING KILL MEEEEEEEE!

As said above, Ruth is just brilliant.

Green_Red

Great first episode. It really manages to convey the sense of menace of each situation they find themselves in. Really great show.

Cole9

Really enjoyed part 1. Agree with the comments about Ruth, great character.

It did amuse me though how Wendy kept acting like Jonah was being out of order for reacting so badly to Ben dying. She had her own brother killed! Hopefully she gets her comeuppance in part 2.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I have read about Laura Linney being great in this, and maybe she is, but my god I can’t stand it when Wendy is on the screen.

Her character is supposed to have some of that to her, but it’s a bit overboard for me when I get annoyed just seeing her on screen.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have read about Laura Linney being great in this, and maybe she is, but my god I can’t stand it when Wendy is on the screen.

Her character is supposed to have some of that to her, but it’s a bit overboard for me when I get annoyed just seeing her on screen.
I think she’s great. The way she’s adapted to the situation to the point of thriving in it is very Heisenberg-esque. She loves it and doesn’t want out.

Cole9

I think she’s great. The way she’s adapted to the situation to the point of thriving in it is very Heisenberg-esque. She loves it and doesn’t want out.
I thought she had gone full-on cnut when Darlene had a heart attack and she wasn't in a rush to call 911. At least she made the call, eventually. It probably would've been better for the story if she hadn't though. Rather like Walter at the end of BB season 2.

Skills

Snitch
I don't think its like Breaking Bad tbh.

Wendy had zero redeeming characteristics from the first episode of the entire show. The show started with her cheating on Marty, and from the start she's been manipulating her own kids (at first it was against Marty and now quite openly for own goals). She was a horrible piece of work at the start of the show, and she still is now 4 seasons in.

Super Hans

Incredibly annoying character. And the thing is, I don't think that's what Laura Linney is going for at all.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Really not understanding the Wendy hate. Yes she's a cnut but she's good at it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Really not understanding the Wendy hate. Yes she's a cnut but she's good at it.
I just don’t think she’s a good cnut. You can be an antihero or troubled protagonist or whatever she is without being aggravating.

Those are actually usually my favorite characters. I want them to have as much screen time as possible, but her constant scowling and grimacing is the visual equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I still don't really get what's aggravating. She doesn't scowl noticeably more than anyone else that I've noticed. I'm sure Walter White did a lot of scowling and stuff but nobody cared then.

The only thing she's been dumb about is the whole thing with Jonah, but apart from that she's played everything well. She's good at the whole lobbying thing and playing people off each other to get what she wants. She's just a more cut-throat version of Marty.