5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I like the lad, but let's remember the opposition he's up against!
But thus is good for his confidence if nothing else.

Skywarden

Granted, he hasn't really been challenged on the wing, but it has been a very good performance thus far and he looks so much more comfortable as a RB compared to CB.

Devil may care

People saying he's not a RB yet he's only 19 and started out as a CM not a CB, basically he could be getting Schweini'd here as he looks excellent at RB and did well there the other time he played the role when both out fullbacks got hurt.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Interesting that LVG has used him as a right back primarily over the last month.

Maybe he sees this as his future position.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Could be that he's more comfortable as a RB? Would be insanely fortunate if that's the case, considering our problems at RB.
His technique is too good to play CB. Comfortable on the ball while running and linking well with team mates. Rafael-esque performance (attacking-wise).

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Similar to Jones and Smalling impresseing at right back early on. I still think he is a centre back though

Raptori

Special needs
Similar to Jones and Smalling impresseing at right back early on. I still think he is a centre back though
I don't remember them ever looking that comfortable on the ball, even against lesser opposition. Plus McNair was originally a midfielder. Can't really make conclusions based on only one game though of course!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
For me this is just a little more proof that he could be a decent ball playing CB for us. He can pass well enough. I don't see him as a permanent RB.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I don't remember them ever looking that comfortable on the ball, even against lesser opposition. Plus McNair was originally a midfielder. Can't really make conclusions based on only one game though of course!
I do and I remember Jones tearing up the league at right back for a spell

Decotron

But also tonight he is the 2nd coming of Christ

No god damn middle ground
Yep true! But its the potential that's there that pleases me most. The lad is only playing as a defender for about 12/18 months (?). People choosing to ignore that and write him off is laughable.

Dont think he'll be a full back long term either but who knows given the progression we've seen to date.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I take it back, I much prefer going overboard about a player than the usual shite

I've been guilty of it many times

Rossa

Surprised at his speed today as he looked quite fast, but in other matches, at CB, he has looked a little sluggish. Excellent on the ball, terrific technique and made Rooney look like a pub player on the same side at times.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Showed his attacking pedigree tonight. Little to do in defence but my MOTM.

NoLogo

Yeah really convinced me as a right FB. He at least had the guts to get forward and I think he should get a shot there for a few games and see if he can done this well in the PL against good opponents as well.

Sam

Can we now end the debate on who's better out of him or Blackett?

Raptori

Special needs
Yeah really convinced me as a right FB. He at least had the guts to get forward and I think he should get a shot there for a few games and see if he can done this well in the PL against good opponents as well.
This. Will be interesting to see if LVG gives him a chance there, and even more interesting to see how he performs if so.

Truedevil

Probably grabbed that spot for a while. Here's hoping he takes the opportunity!

My MOTM, promising performance, even against a lower side that was still great.

Sweet Square

I think he started RB in a reserve game last week(Scored as well). So it something the club have been thinking about.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Fantastic talent. He played very well at right back against Liverpool reserves the other day as well I thought.

Walters_19_MuFc

Great performance from Paddy tonight. He was excellent. Seems he picked up from where he left off when he occupied the right back spot against Liverpool for the U21's.

Classical Mechanic

He looked good in this position against Liverpool U21s. He looks so slow at centre back in the Premier League. I wouldn't get to excited yet, it could all be about levels. Let's see how he performs in this position in the league.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yea, it was Cambridge, but please let that be enough to start him over Valencia for a while.